POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you guys are able to pick up the deals....still waiting for my order to be resolved (post 410, charging twice for shipping).
Maybe they are pi$$ed at me for cluing in everyone on the mass discounts and website problems at Halloween during Spooktacular.

Just got that e-mail as well, and it STACKS with pennies if you have them!

PLUS, the paypal exchange rate is LOWER than the popcultcha rate shows right now, so my paypal total was actually a few cents lower than what popcultcha said it would be.

Just picked up a Hot Toys Sandtrooper for $188.05 delivered to US (using 1500 pennies, $10 off code, and Pack&Track shipping). Retail at sideshow is $220

unfortunately the coupon code is a one time use (per account), I tried ordering a different figure with it and it said not valid, oh well

Is that the First Order or ANH Stormtrooper?

As an Aussie I've had a similar problem ordering from Sideshow. When I preordered the Han & Chewie two-pack the USD & AUD were nearly at parity, by the time it shipped the AUD had dropped 30% so it cost me that much more.

As an Aussie I've had a similar problem ordering from Sideshow. When I preordered the Han & Chewie two-pack the USD & AUD were nearly at parity, by the time it shipped the AUD had dropped 30% so it cost me that much more.

How does that work if you do a payment plan with SS? Do they adjust the value each month you make a payment, or hit you with a big payment at the end?

I've had the same from New Zealand. When I look close at the numbers now when mulling over an order, tbh I think most times it would be cheaper for me to go via Popcultcha.

With better stocking times at PC now, and as I'm currently going through an issue with Sideshow over an order I made before the International allocations for the item were exceeded from Hot Toys, I'm thinking I'll likely stick to PC from now on... except for any SS exclusives I might want..

They actually went ahead yesterday and refunded my deposit which is cool. It really seemed to be the case of them not honoring the $259 usd price when I pulled the trigger and wanted to charge an extra $27 usd when I went to pay the remainder of the preorder, and this was on top of any credit card fees.

But, done with now. Everything else with shipping etc and buying & paying for things in full are top notch. I'd just advise anyone from overseas when preordering to check their pre-orders when the item arrives with popcultcha and you have to pay the rest.

Last edited:
I've now cancelled a Sideshow order and gone with Popcultcha due to complications in trying to get it delivered. If PC don't let me down on it (I know 2015 was a bit of a turmoilish year for them and some of their customers, but touch wood, I've never had a problem yet), then if the trend I've seen with the last couple of MCU figures continues, ie: in-stock times and price after exchange rate similarity, then I'll probably save on on shipping miles and get my new releases from them instead. Sideshow I'll stick to EXs and specials on older items (combining my reward points where I can).

They actually went ahead yesterday and refunded my deposit which is cool. It really seemed to be the case of them not honoring the $259 usd price when I pulled the trigger and wanted to charge an extra $27 usd when I went to pay the remainder of the preorder, and this was on top of any credit card fees.

But, done with now. Everything else with shipping etc and buying & paying for things in full are top notch. I'd just advise anyone from overseas when preordering to check their pre-orders when the item arrives with popcultcha and you have to pay the rest.

It's great that they refunded your deposit, as it was well within their rights not to. As I believe it says in their T&C that they will usually only apply the deposit as a credit for a future order unless the purchased item is damaged etc.

I would think that most stores that operate internationally lock in the purchase price at their local currency not at the customers unless the business has multiple international shopfronts etc.

In your case it increased the end cost to you but it could've easily have gone the other way.

It's great that they refunded your deposit, as it was well within their rights not to. As I believe it says in their T&C that they will usually only apply the deposit as a credit for a future order unless the purchased item is damaged etc.

I would think that most stores that operate internationally lock in the purchase price at their local currency not at the customers unless the business has multiple international shopfronts etc.

In your case it increased the end cost to you but it could've easily have gone the other way.

Right, although it wasn't a problem with the currency. If it was, between November and now, would've only been looking at $10-$15 aud difference. They were talking $37-40 aud. Had it have been a problem with the currency, would not even have queried it with them in the first place and would've just paid it.

Popcultcha have already sold out of Vader and won't be getting anymore...looks like preorders are going to be a must through them now with some of their stock no longer lasting past the first week of release.

Right, although it wasn't a problem with the currency. If it was, between November and now, would've only been looking at $10-$15 aud difference. They were talking $37-40 aud. Had it have been a problem with the currency, would not even have queried it with them in the first place and would've just paid it.

I know there were some people who were mentioning that the Paypal amounts that they were paying were higher than they were expecting. Even when they were full paying rather than deposit only. Possibly exchange rate/credit card commission expenses? I don't think anyone came up with a firm answer.

Popcultcha have already sold out of Vader and won't be getting anymore...looks like preorders are going to be a must through them now with some of their stock no longer lasting past the first week of release.

I've got too many preorders with Popcultcha for the next year, but it's just not worth the chances of missing any, as well as the chances of price increases because the AUD is doing so badly.

But of course you have days like glitchgate which makes you regret making any prior orders.

I think I've currently got like 23 preorders with Popcultcha for the next year. Just not worth the chances of missing any, as well as the chances of price increases because the AUD is doing so badly.

But of course you have days like glitchgate which makes you regret making any prior orders.
Yeah, I'm not one to preorder too often, unless it's an exclusive version, but it seems with Star Wars I'm gonna have to start doing it. I was still luckily able to find the Stormtroopers set at retail long after release and also Han and Chewie under $700 just last week. Normal prices for those sets are long gone now. I missed Obi-Wan here, but picked him up at Sideshow using my reward points to drop the price. I've found Vader elsewhere under $380, so have that one on order now. Better preorder the last few ones that will be released soon.

That's why I locked in the 1/4 Fett a couple of weeks ago. Used points to knock off 10% and the difference was around $200AUD compared to buying from sideshow. Decided to get in before PC realises and increases the local price.

Edit: Looks like they have sold out of Stormtrooper Luke as well. They are clearly getting a lot more overseas customers as their last new release post on facebook actually added international shipping quotes in the description.

That's why I locked in the 1/4 Fett a couple of weeks ago. Used points to knock off 10% and the difference was around $200AUD compared to buying from sideshow. Decided to get in before PC realises and increases the local price.

Edit: Looks like they have sold out of Stormtrooper Luke as well. They are clearly getting a lot more overseas customers as their last new release post on facebook actually added international shipping quotes in the description.
Yeah and there'll be nothing left for the locals to buy....I've taken my business elsewhere for most of my new orders.

Popcultcha has recently updated their shipping dates for a few of their products for 12 February.

For Hot Toys Kylo Ren, C-3PO, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, Pepper Potts, Mark 9, 1/4 Boba Fett, Striker, Ant-Man on flying ant minature, and SS Modern Thor, City Hunter Predator, Hulk, and Prime 1 Leonardo, Raphael.

Back