POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread is about deals. Here is one for people who have Target stores in their area, or online.

Today only Sunday 12/20 in store or online. Buy a Target Gift card for 10% off up to 300.00 per card purchased. I prefer to have a physical card so i went to the store.

The target gift card will NOT be active until tomorrow , this is to prevent people from buying Target GC with a Target Gift card.

My receipt shows 300.00 gift card active 12/21 and I paid 270.00 out the door.

Side note:
Before I purchased the 300.00 card I tried a 10.00 test run to see if I can save an additional 5% off with redcard.
I tried having them ring up a grocery item first and then a 10.00 target gift card second. Thinking that maybe since the first transaction was a grocery item it would trick out the system to give my redcard 5% off total purchase. It didn't work. I only received 5% off my grocery item.

In summary recard will not give you extra 5% off. You are better off using another credit card that gives you points or cash back.

I want to also make note that tomorrow when your Target Gift card is active. you can go back to target or online and buy Ebay gift cards. This is an easy instant 10% off ebay items.

If you have a Brick & Mortar Target in your area I advise going to the store. So much easier. I was able to go back in the store multiple times different cashiers and keep buying 300.00 cards.

How is PopCultcha on replacement parts? Some hands in one of my sets have unpainted parts. I can either wait and pray ToyAnxiety releases it or pay the over-priced eBay costs for one but I'd much rather not.

Just had an interesting back and forth with Popcultcha, as my Darth Vader HT figure pre-order is now in stock.
Back in November it was for sale for $259 usd, so I went for it plus the ECI shipping which is a further $27 usd - a total of $286 usd which on November 3 2015 equated to about $393 AUD give or take. So I paid a deposit of $91.33 usd ($127.91 aud) including shipping of $26.43 usd.

So when they sent me the invoice a couple of days ago, it was for $272 +37 shipping = 309.08 (aus. dollars). But I'd already paid shipping, and this in US dollars in today's money is $218.74 usd again give or take. The total amount I would be paying is $310 usd, not the $286 usd.
When I queried the second shipping charge, I was told that paypal makes them add the shipping charge for the second invoice so instead they put a percentage of the outstanding amount as the shipping fee.

When I queried this again - I sent them a screenshot of my order page back on Nov 3rd, as they only send you a receipt of the deposit paid, not anything that tells you the entire order - they said it was down to exchange rates and that the whole amount was always $437 aud.

So how come Vader back on the November 3rd was $361 aud + $37 aud shipping = $398 aud?
Even at today's exchange rate on the November advertised price, I'd be looking at about $404 aud, not $437 aud they tell me.

In other words, they won't honor the cost Vader was at the time I put the deposit down on back in early November.

Lost yet?
To be fair, the cost now is still comparable to Sideshow at $299 usd as opposed to $296 at Popcultcha.

So to anyone overseas who pay a deposit on a product that seems to be a good price at a particular point in time, there is a possibility they may not honor that down the road when you pay the rest and claim it is an exchange rate problem. Better off paying in one go at the time if you can.

So was it not actually always $437 aud, or were you just thinking it was lower because the exchange rate was more favorable to U.S. dollars?

If the exchange rate really is the culprit, then I don't know that there's much you can do unless you just pay the full amount up front (if that's even allowed). But I can understand your frustration if you expected the amount to be the estimated value in U.S. dollars at the time that you paid. I would have expected the same thing.

So was it not actually always $437 aud, or were you just thinking it was lower because the exchange rate was more favorable to U.S. dollars?

If the exchange rate really is the culprit, then I don't know that there's much you can do unless you just pay the full amount up front (if that's even allowed). But I can understand your frustration if you expected the amount to be the estimated value in U.S. dollars at the time that you paid. I would have expected the same thing.

Apparently, it was always $437 aud. Trouble is, they do not send you anything which states the complete order and the total cost, just the deposit you pay.
If I would have paid in full then it would have been $398 aud. My problem isn't the exchange rate, stuff happens. It's really that when placing the order they do not lock it at that price. From a business sense I can see why they do it as on preorders they may lose alot of money, but it's something to be mindful of when making a preorder. Their explanation to me does not account for the difference between $398 aud and the $437 aud the say it was all along. Doesn't seem to be the exchange rate that is the problem.

I'm surprised Vader is in stock at PC before Sideshow. I might just place my order there and use my pennies.

When I queried the second shipping charge, I was told that paypal makes them add the shipping charge for the second invoice so instead they put a percentage of the outstanding amount as the shipping fee.

I love the deals Popcultcha have...but that right there seems real fishy...
I always paid everything up front, so I've never run into this. On top of the Paypal exchange rate, you get zapped with an extra percentage "shipping fee"? Not good business.

I'm surprised Vader is in stock at PC before Sideshow. I might just place my order there and use my pennies.

If Vader is out of stock at Sideshow, they must be waiting for a second shipment, because I got mine from them last month.

Apparently, it was always $437 aud. Trouble is, they do not send you anything which states the complete order and the total cost, just the deposit you pay.
If I would have paid in full then it would have been $398 aud. My problem isn't the exchange rate, stuff happens. It's really that when placing the order they do not lock it at that price. From a business sense I can see why they do it as on preorders they may lose alot of money, but it's something to be mindful of when making a preorder. Their explanation to me does not account for the difference between $398 aud and the $437 aud the say it was all along. Doesn't seem to be the exchange rate that is the problem.

I ordered on December 3rd and it was around $390 AUD after shipping. I think they should certainly honor the AUD price at the time you ordered, which was a cheaper pre-order rate. They have a discount on pre-orders (7% i think) which often seems to go away when the item arrives in stock, but you should still get that cheaper rate since you pre-ordered I would think.

Has anyone used their pennies yet? It seems like using 1500+ pennies for $50AUD(around $36USD)off is a better deal than using 2000 pennies for 10% off if I'm using it for Vader.

Has anyone used their pennies yet? It seems like using 1500+ pennies for $50AUD(around $36USD)off is a better deal than using 2000 pennies for 10% off if I'm using it for Vader.

I used the 1500 pennies for Vader to get the $50AUD off. To use 10% you need to make a big order to get it to be at least $750AUD to make it worth it.

I don't get how to use the pennies....my account says I have 2500, but when I click on it, it says I can't use them on anything. I've had them since November.

Unless you have a really big order, then I would think 1500 is a wiser spend. I've spent mine on the preorder of the 'The Last of Us' Clicker statue from Gaming Heads..

Aussie dollar dropped 3 cents yesterday. If anything it should have been cheaper for a US customer, not more.

CHIP2016

Code for $10 off PopCultcha

Just got that e-mail as well, and it STACKS with pennies if you have them!

PLUS, the paypal exchange rate is LOWER than the popcultcha rate shows right now, so my paypal total was actually a few cents lower than what popcultcha said it would be.

Just picked up a Hot Toys Sandtrooper for $188.05 delivered to US (using 1500 pennies, $10 off code, and Pack&Track shipping). Retail at sideshow is $220

unfortunately the coupon code is a one time use (per account), I tried ordering a different figure with it and it said not valid, oh well

Back