POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im having problems checking out with paypal Is anyone else having the same problem

PayPal gateway has rejected request. A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed (#10736: Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code).

I think their paypal option is down

I couldn't use that first PayPal button and just started the regular checkout process and then paid with PayPal at the end, is that what you're doing?

Do they ship pre-orders as they arrive or does everything come in one order if you order more than one item?

I went through paypal, and I do have the charge listed on there and the confirmation email. Though the final total was $40 more than the cart total on popcultcha actually says. :mad:

Do they ship pre-orders as they arrive or does everything come in one order if you order more than one item?

My Order contains both In Stock and Pre Order Items?
Here at Popcultcha we like to get the goods into your hands as soon as possible! If your order contains in stock and pre order items, as soon as we receive your payment, the in stock items will be shipped out to you. As the pre order items arrive into our warehouse they will be shipped out to you. You only pay for shipping once!

I went through paypal, and I do have the charge listed on there and the confirmation email. Though the final total was $40 more than the cart total on popcultcha actually says. :mad:

Yeah... I'm noticing the same issue here... Haven't completed an order with this deal because PayPal total seems to come up $40 more no matter which figures I put in my cart.

Sent from the bat cave

DW316 did you order go thru?

I was going to use Paypal too, but I'm still figuring out what to order, haha. I had about 10 items in my cart and I'm trying to get it back down to 4-5. I have the two Civil War Cap & Bucky, Rey & BB8, Vader, Nick Fury, and Armored BvS Batman.

They have this on there FAQ

Why am I seeing differing $$ figures after I placed my order?
As we are an Australia company and deal with Australian currency your order will come up in both currencies when you finalise. You will see eg: US/UK pricing and then in AUD. (Which can be higher depending on our dollar)

Depending on what the Australian dollar is trading at currently compared to your local currency there could be a major difference or minimal, but rest assure you only pay in your local currency and then it converts for us to AUD.

* Please be aware that Paypal have there own currency exchange and there may be a slight variance.

For Australian customers - if you are using a VPN or IP blocker this will alter your location to the website and may alter the way prices are shown.

No tax was charged and I'm including the shipping with the original total.

The email invoice says:

Subtotal $351.70
Shipping $34.99
TOTAL $386.69

Final Total charged to paypal was:
$426.84

Maybe the exchange rate on their website is calculating wrong?

It's still about 80 bucks less than SS would have been, but it's still a little misleading.

Edit: ahhhh, Texas has all the answers! I guess thats what I get for not studying the FAQ.

No tax was charged and I'm including the shipping with the original total.

The email invoice says:

Subtotal $351.70
Shipping $34.99
TOTAL $386.69

Final Total charged to paypal was:
$426.84

Maybe the exchange rate on their website is calculating wrong?

It's still about 80 bucks less than SS would have been, but it's still a little misleading.

Edit: ahhhh, Texas has all the answers! I guess thats what I get for not studying the FAQ.

Foreign Transaction FEE as well.....PP will charge 1.5% I think it is.

Before you add to cart it usually gives you the option to pay in full or put a deposit. I think the advantage of paying in full is you're more likely to lock down whatever crazy deal they're having. Don't know how it gets if you're paying for some in full and some not.

With a deposit prices could swing in your favor or out of your favor due to changes in the exchange rate. Probably in your favor from what people from Australia indicate.

Also should note that it's really worth while to take the two minutes to register as they have a rewards system. I was just able to further knock $14 off my item with saved up "pennies" from other orders.

I didn't see the option when I wasn't logged in (I just created an account), but now I do see the option to pay in full or just a deposit on most items. However, with my limited test items, it doesn't seem to make any difference at the last checkout page.

But based on the recent trend in exchange rates, you're right, it's probably better to pay it all upfront.

Now to see if I can justify prepaying for figures I won't have in hand for several months...

Hmm, I now see I was charged $250. Doesn't seem like as great a deal, though obviously still way better than what you would get through SSC (essentially $70 off or so).

I think I'm just gonna get Nick Fury, Vader, and Rey & BB8 since they are slated to ship within the next 3 months. Total 2/ shipping comes out to over $631, no tax. Will the tax be added after placing the order? Is that the extra $40 that someone else had added?

The extra cost seems to be a function, in part, of Paypal's currency conversion. But I don't think tax is included.

Cool. And did you get until a partial amount of "pennies" (their reward pts) or did you get the full? I saw some in stock items give pennies in the amount of the thousands, but my total order, 3 items, only 100 pennies...

Back