POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Conversion added $55 and it was less money than yours. Otherwise seems about right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You know what, on PayPal it says I will be charged $696.78 actually, with the exchange rate, so that's almost $60-$70 on top of original amount. I'm trying to think, is it still worth it, even after SSC reward points, discounts?

Do they charge cancellation fees? I might take the Rey/BB8 off the order.

It's a toss up for me, but I'll keep the order since SSC doesn't have mine in Stock at the moment. Just hope paypal doesn't add more conversion fees.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just pre-ordered 5 figures for a grand total of a little over $1300 AUD. I paid in full and had Paypal charge my CC (which is a travel points CC with no foreign transaction fees) and I see a pending charge for $980 USD. After totaling the same items up in SSC and accounting for shipping and resulting rewards points, my Popcultcha order is still about $265 USD cheaper. Wow.

So strange . Was quoted at $335 but ended up paying $370. PayPal doesn't charge that much to convert

They're using different exchange rates. The AUD should be the same between the grand total on PC and PayPal.

For example mine showed $253.10AUD in both spots but on PC it said that was $177.13 USD and on PayPal it said it was $195.52 USD.

After ordering from them a few times I always look at their price as more of an estimate.

I went light . Got Ant Man and vision , two figures I know are both due soon and I really wanted . Even at $370, I saved over $ 65 if I went through SS

AntMan would have cost me $240
vision would be $215 . So knock $20 off points ( but I'm still paying for them ) I'm at $435 with sideshow . That's factoring in $20 off coupons and my lovely CA tax.

damn i thought orders over 300 would mean I only have to pay a 100 deposit?

They charged me the whole thing!

They're using different exchange rates. The AUD should be the same between the grand total on PC and PayPal.

For example mine showed $253.10AUD in both spots but on PC it said that was $177.13 USD and on PayPal it said it was $195.52 USD.

After ordering from them a few times I always look at their price as more of an estimate.

Yeah for a while when rates were stable the difference was around 3%, at one point it was almost flat (what they showed is what you paid), now its insane like 9% difference. I think its because the US dollar has decreased to the Australian dollar recently but their site doesn't reflect that.

As far as CC charging foreign exchange fees, that doesn't apply here because paypal is doing the conversion, so your CC sees it as a US dollar transaction and fees shouldn't apply to anyone (granted I think the "Fee" is built into paypal's exchange rate)

As far as CC charging foreign exchange fees, that doesn't apply here because paypal is doing the conversion, so your CC sees it as a US dollar transaction and fees shouldn't apply to anyone (granted I think the "Fee" is built into paypal's exchange rate)

I haven't used CC for a foreign fee through PayPal in a while or ever, I think the last time I was going to I was told I'd be charged a fee and so I opted for the funds to come from my bank. Might be wrong though, but I remember them giving me some kind of message telling me how to save a few % points on the transaction.

So are we actually breaking even when we pre-order from SSC (w/ reward points and given we wait for free shipping perks) versus with PC?

prices back to normal

wonder if the 50 new orders for $50,000 is what triggered it

but chances are they are still making 15-20% on those orders, Sideshow gives a 30% discount to its distributors (so you know their markup is even higher than that) and I would guess PC is the Sideshow of Australia...

In my case Paypal charged the AUD amount to my CC directly and the CC company did the foreign exchange - which I prefer as I like to go by the FX rate of my card. My card doesn't charge me foreign transaction fees so it's all good.

Back