POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are we actually breaking even when we pre-order from SSC (w/ reward points and given we wait for free shipping perks) versus with PC?

I saved $14. :lol

But really $27 cause I had pennies to use and was never sure when I'd otherwise get a chance to use them.

I saved $14. :lol

But really $27 cause I had pennies to use and was never sure when I'd otherwise get a chance to use them.

My math was never good, haha. So I ordered Vader, Rey+BB8, Nick Fury from them, SSC total would've been $810. I'm paying $700 for these thru PC I think, after shipping and that conversion fee or whatever it is that adds $50-$60. Not sure how much the pennies are worth, but if I waited to use $20 off coupons on each item thru SSC and waited for the possibility of free shipping perk to be added on, also getting back reward points from each item, would I have saved more? I'm trying to debate whether I should cancel my order with PC or maybe one item.

prices back to normal

Do you think they realized there was an error when there was suddenly an influx of orders? :lol

Even though my price at check out was $548.54, then went to $583.08, and finally $602.36 when the Paypal transaction went through, I do still believe
taking advantage of the prices earlier today saved me good money.

Going back to SS's original prices on Obi Wan, Chewy, and Han, I would have paid $133 more for the trio, so about $45 off per figure is a great savings.
You can't count on $20 one-time-use codes, something being in stock when it IS code 'eligible', or offsetting prices with tons of rewards points (if you don't spend gazillions of dollars with SS like I don't).

I'm still nervous about possible import fees or taxes when they arrive (nobody has seemed to answer that for me so far...as to whether we have them on this kind of merchandise in the U.S.)

I'm still nervous about possible import fees or taxes when they arrive (nobody has seemed to answer that for me so far...as to whether we have them on this kind of merchandise in the U.S.)[/QUOTE said:
Nope, no import fees, its the US, LOL
I have already received 5-6 packages from PC and its just delivered by USPS (their "sister" carrier in the US for most packages), I heard that there could be an issue if DHL was used, but not sure why.

imagine how many Hulkbusters they would have sold with the discounted pre-order prices, :lol
it has been sold out on their site for a while though (and I think almost every site except sideshow, that may change once they are actually shipping stock though)

I was looking for the hulkbuster lol

There are five figures I wanted to order but they only had four and two were in stock . So it's made the decision easy

No, if you are in the US you will not be charged import taxes . Member hokietwo brought it to out attention rhere is an agreement with the US and AUS

Well I'm glad I jumped on this when I did then! I was wondering when they were going to shut this down. Saved about 75$ (pre reward points) on Chewie and Fett instead of buying from SS. Not too bad at all. Not to mention there was no promise of getting Chewie from SS so far.

I checked my cart after everyone said POP fixed it. I had 8 figures in there and they all showed up at $63 USD. So I bought them.

I'm pretty sure that's only the deposit for each figure. I got the same amount when I selected the option to pay only a $69.99 (USD) deposit.

I thought this deal might still be active tonight and missed out on it, but congrats to those who got an order through. It'll be hard to beat 20% off the Mark 45, but I'm patient.

All my items were pre-order, I think those were the only ones on sale, and I paid in full, but it didn't break them off into deposits or increments. I think I was charged the entire thing, shipping included, the whole deal, according to my Paypal invoice.

Nothing was on sale, it was a computer error. I wouldn't be sure they will let them go through considering people knew it was a mistake and took advantage of the glitch.

Glitch gate 2016

I'm really curious if they honor it . They honored glitch gate 2015 and I made out like a bandit

Anybody know what the subsequent customs charges are for popcultcha orders to the UK. Fed ex orders from sideshow now carry a £48 charge, practically a third of a figure!

Nothing was on sale, it was a computer error. I wouldn't be sure they will let them go through considering people knew it was a mistake and took advantage of the glitch.

Glitch gate 2016

I'm really curious if they honor it . They honored glitch gate 2015 and I made out like a bandit
This has happened before and they honored the prices.

Considering I ordered my Boba for what amounts to 6% less than from SS (after coupon and rewards are factored in), I'm guessing they'll honor it. But if they don't that's fine, I'll order somewhere else.

Back