PREMIER TOYS 1/6 Leader of Marauders (The Humungus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally received my Humungus, and I'm researching a whole bunch of accuracy-correcting mods and upgrades. Examples:

1) The steel ring on the chest is too large.
2) The back is missing a vertical black leather strap that runs from the central steel ring, (also too large) down to another steel ring that connects the left and right ends of the waste belt and the third vertical strap in the rear. (all four rings, front and back, are of an equal size- smaller than the existing one on the chest.)
3) Needs larger dome-shaped chrome studs on the back straps; 2mm diameter I think.
4) Studded 'leather' bracer on left arm needs to be cut open from elbow to wrist, a gap needs to be cut out and removed, then laces and lace holes added. (or make a new leather one with metal eyelets and custom metal studs- which would be too much of a bi*ch for me to bother with.)
There are others, such as the PERFECT upgrade boots and socks I found.

The one BIG problem for me is this: If I switch to an M34 body, (which I DO want to do) I know the head, mask, and neck brace will appear oversized relative to the body. The existing jointed body, even though its muscles are exaggerated, is sized specifically to match the scale of the head... I'm not sure what to do yet.......

Attachments

• Screenshot (1859).png
    Screenshot (1859).png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I finally received my Humungus, and I'm researching a whole bunch of accuracy-correcting mods and upgrades. Examples:

1) The steel ring on the chest is too large.
2) The back is missing a vertical black leather strap that runs from the central steel ring, (also too large) down to another steel ring near the rear of the belt. (all four rings, front and back, are of an equal size- smaller than the existing one on the chest.)
3) Needs larger dome-shaped chrome studs on the back straps; 2mm diameter I think.
4) Studded 'leather' bracer on left arm needs to be cut open from elbow to wrist, a gap needs to be cut out and removed, then laces and lace holes added. (or make a new leather one with metal eyelets and custom metal studs- which would be too much of a bi*ch for me to bother with.)
There are others, such as the PERFECT upgrade boots and socks I found.

The one BIG problem for me is this: If I switch to an M34 body, (which I DO want to do) I know the head, mask, and neck brace will appear oversized relative to the body. The existing jointed body, even though its muscles are exaggerated, is sized specifically to match the scale of the head... I'm not sure what to do yet.......

Great observations! (y)

Would you mind sharing which boots and socks you plan on using?
Still looking for the best boots to upgrade myself...

Great observations! (y)

Would you mind sharing which boots and socks you plan on using?
Still looking for the best boots to upgrade myself...
The official name of the boots on eBay was "1/6 Scale Soldiers Model Russian Spetsnaz Gru War Of Dagestan 1999 Combat Boots". I bought them a year ago at the same time I ordered the figure. From heel to toe, they measure 52mm, whereas the original boot-feet are only 48mm. The extra 4mm in length of the upgrades means the whole boot is slightly larger, which is perfect. They also have the advantage of real metal eyelets, so they can be partially laced, accurate to the movie. They cost $39, and I don't know how hard or easy it might be to find them. I remember searching through a LOT of boots on eBay though, and these are an extremely close match. As for the socks, I just got some light grey boot socks- a bit thicker than the white socks that came with the figure, and they look more realistic too.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Back