QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These pictures are all great! I love TMP but the striking colours of these TOS uniforms are growing on me more and more...

"Welcome to the Enterprise, Mr. Scott. So nice of you to finally join us!"

Welcome Scotty.jpg

"Welcome to the Enterprise, Mr. Scott. So nice of you to finally join us!"

View attachment 447957

My Scotty is shipping from Sideshow this week and I don't have Kirk but are those the stock bodies on Kirk and Scotty? The heads look almost disproportionately large...my Khan, Spock, and McCoy are perfectly proportioned and yours appear to be too in the picture. Is it just the picture or is that how Scotty and Kirk appear in person.

It's probably just a lense effect and the angle in the picture. I tried to get all faces equally sharp, as opposite to just have Kirk and Scotty sharp and the others blurred. So I experimented a bit. I have not changed anything with the bodies, these are all original and they look fine in hand.

It's probably just a lense effect and the angle in the picture. I tried to get all faces equally sharp, as opposite to just have Kirk and Scotty sharp and the others blurred. So I experimented a bit. I have not changed anything with the bodies, these are all original and they look fine in hand.

Great Scott!

I mean:

Great shot! You should do more pics of the 4 together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Scott!

I mean:

Great shot! You should do more pics of the 4 together
Thank you! Oh I certainly plan to! But I literally just got him today. I'll have to wait for the weekend with proper daylight as it is already dark outside when I come home from work.

The color red really is what was missing for it to be perfect!

Has anyone figured out a decent way to remove the staining on Picard's neck and/or prevent further staining? So far I just have a little clear plastic tape lining the collar, but I'd like to find a better solution.

Karnis! Great set up...getting close to the entire bridge crew... (yes I count Khan as an interloper...lol):hi5:

Thanks! It's getting there....Sulu on pre-order & hopefully have Uhura by this time next year....can't wait to fill out the crew.

I was lucky enough to get one Scotty from the first batch. I really like the figure. Now I need some accessories. Anyone know if there are any 3D printed, 1/6th scale Trek doodads available? I have a bridge chair, which is pretty nicely done. I was thinking about some of the engineering tools that Scotty used. Some look to be nothing more than metal shapes with a odd crystal attached. That "trident scanner" thing looks to be a convenient size, although complicated to model.

I may have to resort to carving it out of plastic. Which usually triggers someone to produce a nicer version!

Tom

I was lucky enough to get one Scotty from the first batch. I really like the figure. Now I need some accessories. Anyone know if there are any 3D printed, 1/6th scale Trek doodads available? I have a bridge chair, which is pretty nicely done. I was thinking about some of the engineering tools that Scotty used. Some look to be nothing more than metal shapes with a odd crystal attached. That "trident scanner" thing looks to be a convenient size, although complicated to model.

I may have to resort to carving it out of plastic. Which usually triggers someone to produce a nicer version!

Tom

Who makes the bridge chair?[emoji50]

Scotty just arrived courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles...just in time for the 8pm episode of TOS on H&I TV!

Sometimes you need an old fashioned tool to get the job done.
Scotty inherited this ancient toolbox from his grandfather. Now let's see what's under the hull?

Toolbox-Twitter.jpg

From Facebook, looks like Geordi and Uhura might be ready around the same time and it's a guess as to which one might be released first. I would say ladies first please.

Back