QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a win-win for everyone, collectors, QMx, retailers...except for those collectors who wanted the original releases to be truly limited and perhaps were in it for the investment aspect.

If they're improved versions - at the very least they could be using the new badge and cuff rank technique - I'll feel compelled to buy them again.

So I hope they're identical to the initial release.

And if they do any resculpting, give them Sulu style pouts. :monkey3 :devil

It’s a win-win for everyone, collectors, QMx, retailers...except for those collectors who wanted the original releases to be truly limited and perhaps were in it for the investment aspect.

Weren't the originals 50th anniversary releases? They should still hold value.

I certainly didn't buy them as an investment but for that same reason, if I can buy cheaper re-issues and sell the anniversary version to someone who actually cares about that, then why not?

But since I actually want TMP versions, most likely I will just keep TOS Kirk to pose with TOS Rand and swap uniforms on all the others. If I do that and they don't produce the TMP Kirk, I'll still need a spare TOS one.

This is such a brilliant idea. The demand is huge - it will be a great cash flow for QMX, people who missed out the first time can pick them up, and there will be a supply of lead characters that will bolster sales of the secondary characters.

I certainly didn't buy them as an investment but for that same reason, if I can buy cheaper re-issues and sell the anniversary version to someone who actually cares about that, then why not?

But since I actually want TMP versions, most likely I will just keep TOS Kirk to pose with TOS Rand and swap uniforms on all the others. If I do that and they don't produce the TMP Kirk, I'll still need a spare TOS one.

I wasn’t targeting you, but a general tendency that has developed those last ten years. :)

As for your idea, that’s actually a great idea. I might do the same if they never make TMP figures.

I wasn’t targeting you, but a general tendency that has developed those last ten years. :)

As for your idea, that’s actually a great idea. I might do the same if they never make TMP figures.

I got some old Mego uniforms without belt buckles off ebay which I washed this weekend. I will have a play when I have time. I had a custom TMP Rand head made, since her hair was so different and I figured she was the one character there was zero chance of getting so she will need a uniform regardless. It's a fairly basic jump suit so hopefully it won't be overly expensive. I'll look into that in August.

Who cares about value, it’s a hobby, not an investment! They’re freakin’ dolls!

Damn I miss the good all times when people were in it for the passion, not for the money! :(
You should know, i am still the same since 2010.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Who cares about value, it’s a hobby, not an investment! They’re freakin’ dolls!

Damn I miss the good all times when people were in it for the passion, not for the money! :(

i'm sure most people into these figures get them for the love and passion of it. I know I do. This is strictly and passion enterprise for me, no pun intended. Nah, pun was intended, I couldn't resist. ;) I care about the quality of these figures, which equates out to value as well. They go hand in hand. I also think of these as figure replicas as opposed to dolls. These are the best of the best in terms of detail, head sculpt portraits and accuracy of fabrics and colors to the real props. These things can't go anywhere but up in value in time, which again, I don't really think about. I just plain love having these replicas on my shelf. I love to look at the details and change-up the poses every few months or so. The passion is in the nostalgia and the good feelings of it all. It's fun and a part of who I am. Similar to many other people's sentiments I bet.

What do you mean by that exactly?

Since Scotty the cuff ranks have been changed from plastic to fabric, and the tunic badge is noticably smaller.

Rumors aside - won't get excited until the official word on these comes from QMX

It's more than rumours. They're already up for pre-order in at least two places, and the official UK retailer has announced he will be listing them shortly.

Since QMx don't tend to put up pre-orders until closer to the release date - though that's skewed a bit with the recent smaller first batches of Scotty and Sulu - it often makes them appear late with news.

If the reissue does happen, it'll be great for those who missed out. But will that get QMX to up the edition sizes of Scotty and Sulu as these will be presumably more sought after by folk who passed because of the lack of K+S....

What do you mean by that exactly?
From all I've seen, Sulu was a huge step down, in terms of the production sculpt. Head seems warped and the paint apps are pretty bad. Despite the issue some have with Spock's sculpt, it was well executed in relation to the prototype. Kirk is really good. If they've changed the production process, we might also see a step down in the quality of the reissues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Rerelease can only be good for all of us. I just wish QMX can release more figures more often. Trek and all its shows and films have a very deep bench.

I hate to mention Competition but look at what 3zero is doing right now with game of thrones. Yes the show is still "hot" right now but they have been all over their facebook page of late saying they're working on all sorts of characters for that license. Its like their company is full of Nanjin's and the actual Nanjin is stuck at a company that is afraid to release anything. We've all seen Nanjin's work at designing characters but QMX needs to actually release them.

I'm honestly a little scared now that we will get the original crew and that's the end. I feel like Nanjin has fought hard enough that we will at least get those. But I'm scared Picard is gonna be alone forever[emoji53]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Back