QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fantastic news, but why doesnt QMx make an official announcement rather than letting it filter through distributors? Anyway, here's my $$ QMX - sign me up!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A BIG THANK YOU TO NANJIN AND QUANTUM MECHANIX FOR LISTENING TO YOUR FANS!!!

Yeah, I sometimes ignore BCS emails, but lo and behold Kirk and Spock were on the latest one! Pre-ordered Kirk and used my points earned from getting the GF Connery. Looked at the usual US sellers out of my state in hopes of finding the best deal, but none of them have these listed yet.

Last edited:
TMP figures- amazing- I doubt we'll see them(sorry going by track record on what QMX actually does) One can hope ,though

I second your exact words. Now if they actually get released, I'd buy two TMP Admiral Kirks and two TMP Spocks. I'd hire a custom 1/6 scale tailer to make me his white short sleeve (dentist casual) with grey pants/boots, and a grey duty uniform for Spock. Then there would be two versions of TMP Kirk and Spock up on the display shelf. Happy 40th!

so we are getting reissue kirk and spock? i am so confused!

Yes, I think that happening was hinted at occasionally in the past year, though no definite confirmation was ever given, nor which outfit he’d be wearing (gold top vs. green wrap). I feel sorry for the winning bidder for a Kirk figure that ended last Sunday at $740 (plus shipping) with 39 bids!

I think the delays in second wave Sulu and Scotty are probably to facilitate the re-release of Kirk and Spock with a view to stirring up more interest in the line as a consequence of people saying that they won't buy the others because they missed Kirk and Spock. Not doing fresh sculpts could mean that people won't buy second versions but some will. It's frustrating to have to wait but probably good for the line's longevity.

This is odd, it sounded definite that a new Spock and the wrap around Kirk was coming. I can't find anything about a reissue on the QMX or any other U.S. site.Frankly, I'd rather have the new versions, but don't want to miss out on these if this is going to be it!

This is odd, it sounded definite that a new Spock and the wrap around Kirk was coming. I can't find anything about a reissue on the QMX or any other U.S. site.Frankly, I'd rather have the new versions, but don't want to miss out on these if this is going to be it!

I think the alternatives are still possibilities but it's like any teased release. They will try to gauge interest but it's the money men who decide what's viable in their view. Kirk and Spock are popular enough that there will always be a second hand market. I'd say go for it.

Yeah I think this reissue probably rules out any updated versions of the characters. At least for a while. But QMX probably figured there would be a group of people upset with them no matter what they did, so just went with this easier option.

Although it's weird that BCS is still the only place offering these, and there's no mention of the reissue on the QMX site or even their FB page...

Yeah I think this reissue probably rules out any updated versions of the characters. At least for a while. But QMX probably figured there would be a group of people upset with them no matter what they did, so just went with this easier option.

Although it's weird that BCS is still the only place offering these, and there's no mention of the reissue on the QMX site or even their FB page...

Planet Action figures has confirmed also for the UK.

This just doesn’t make sense. Kirk and Spock
should be like one of their major news

And yet no one in the US has any up?

This just doesn’t make sense. Kirk and Spock
should be like one of their major news

And yet no one in the US has any up?

If I had to guess, there's a date they want to announce it, like perhaps at SDCC, and they told the retailers and this place put them up early.

It would be funny if they only make like
A few of them and they are sold out within 5 minutes

But my hunch is they will be make a ton of them to
support Scotty and Sulu

Back