[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

1920247_730801740288022_2144111146_n.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!! :rock

I'm no expert on this but judging by the shine in that sculpt is Rainman using more of a commercial grade resin for this cast? I kind of feared this because it compromises the fragility of the sculpt infavor of a more durable commercially toy made process. This may not matter to some but I swear you can probably bounce that sculpt off a wall and it won't crack, whereas his older more vintage pieces have that fragile element to them that required a much more calculated and handmade careful approach to it's process, the things I always appreciated about the earlier made pieces. Things are really changing it seems production wise and it's starting to feel like the craftsmanship of it is being extremely compromised in favor of easier methods.

Also hope that the paint sits well "natural like" on that shiny cast particularly on hair.

Last edited:

It might just be the contrast and filter on the pic. Look at the hand gradients. But if not I totally agree with you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It might just be the contrast and filter on the pic. Look at the hand gradients. But if not I totally agree with you.

You kind of see where I'm going with this. I know your highly skilled in that area of vintage vs. now. Something is definitely going on where the artistry of it is beginning to get lost to some degree. I really take aim and fault at the culture of collecting these days. It seems more and more that the "taste" just isn't there collectively anymore.

With all of the interest the Butcher version 2 will have, he will be impossible to get:gah:

I'm not so sure about that. I think all of the frantic talk is unwarranted on this one. If I had to guess judging the production value of this alone, you can safetly assume that if you want one you will more than likely get one. It will certainly sell out but again I'm hedging my bets that Rainman knows collectors really want this, its a cashcow in terms of profitability and I think enough will be made to satisfy most demand. At $800 plus for a figure, there still exists a tipping point for willing buyers and on average those who are willing at start will receive.

Last edited:

Right, it's the appreciation vs the collecting vs investing.

Glad to hear this is a let down. Hopefully that will translate to sales day which will hopefully allow me to actually get one.

Haha yeah total let down :)

You kind of see where I'm going with this. I know your highly skilled in that area of vintage vs. now. Something is definitely going on where the artistry of it is beginning to get lost to some degree. I really take aim and fault at the culture of collecting these days. It seems more and more that the "taste" just isn't there collectively anymore.

I'm not so sure about that. I think all of the frantic talk is unwarranted on this one. If I had to guess judging the production value of this alone, you can safetly assume that if you want one you will more than likely get one. It will certainly sell out but again I'm hedging my bets that Rainman knows collectors really want this, its a cashcow in terms of profitability and I think enough will be made to satisfy most demand. At $800 plus for a figure, there still exists a tipping point for willing buyers and on average those who are willing at start will receive.

Really hoping your right.

Just gives me time for Torrance !!

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 2.04.19 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 2.04.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 2.04.19 PM.jpg
    4.2 KB
Back