[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2 MARCH PREORDER

행님 안녕하세요. 여서보니 새롭네요~~

Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

Looks great, as we pretty much all knew it would considering the facial sculpt already exists. Gonna be an amazing figure, I bet.

I'm no expert on this but judging by the shine in that sculpt is Rainman using more of a commercial grade resin for this cast? I kind of feared this because it compromises the fragility of the sculpt infavor of a more durable commercially toy made process. This may not matter to some but I swear you can probably bounce that sculpt off a wall and it won't crack, whereas his older more vintage pieces have that fragile element to them that required a much more calculated and handmade careful approach to it's process, the things I always appreciated about the earlier made pieces. Things are really changing it seems production wise and it's starting to feel like the craftsmanship of it is being extremely compromised in favor of easier methods..
Like Beto's recent Ash head? I can see what you mean.

You have to be the biggest troll in the history of online forums.....How are you even a Mod????????What are you even talking about???......What does my comment have to do with Beto? Please tell me how both are connected in this thread? YOU DON'T EVEN SUPPORT THESE ARTISTS ANYWAY KARAMAZOV, yet you always have something irrelevant and derailing to say? You praise Beto in his threads but than you try and scapegoat him or his work in another completely separate thread? Is that what your doing? Your trolling me because I favor one artist over another but always support BOTH of their works when it comes time to pay up! I comment on things I support, and as far as my honest feedback is concerned why do you feel the need to make it personal. If you want to counter my argument than please share some useful insight! What does "like Beto's Ash head" even mean??? These are two completely different custom artists with completely different approaches to how they create their figures. Here's the truth though, ONLY ONE is getting BETTER and more innovative in what he does.

Now if you want to have a discussion on this topic, than let's do iSam because I WILL BURY YOU with FACTS.

Last edited:

Just calling out the hypocrisy I see. . .I think both guys are doing great work, but you insult Rainman for re-releasing figures (which Beto does), and for using shiny sculpts apparently (which Beto does), then criticize Denny Kim for not making some older sculpts available on-demand, while defending Beto's right to sell some of them only with full figures. If you do that, you're gonna be called out on it. Don't like it? Then don't say it.

mci0_zps68fea06f.gif

:rock :rock :rock

Hypocrisy? Really! You are the biggest Hypocrit on these boards. You comment and share your delusional point of views with no merit or facts to support what you say. You just talk and talk and talk and hide behind that Mod badge you have. You don't collect Beto figures, you don't collect Rainman figures....but you think you have some say in the matter because you happen to own a DUDE? I COLLECT....I SUPPORT..... Consistently.

How is it that one artist, who doesn't have the same infrastructure, the same number of employees, the same access to Chinese factories or production centers is doing BETTER and more INNOVATIVE work than the others combined? You claim that Beto re-releases figures but if you actually took the time to research these things before speaking you would know that Beto has never re-released anything. His earlier releases can't even be considered official because those were small 5 or 6 piece family and friend offerings and his recent OFFICIAL full figure runs are a new part of his business. You really dont know ****! You made a claim that Beto re-released Beetlejuice without even knowing that the edition was set of roughly 30 or so official pieces to be broken into 2 part releases because that's the only Humanly way possible that 3 PEOPLE can produce 30 figures of that EXQUISITE QUALITY. By the way a Freddy 1 is different from Freddy 2....Jason 3 is different from Jason 4 and so on an so forth. His business is Horror....Its a genre that involves a series of films usually with the same character.

Rainman, who's work I admire and actually help support like many others (except good ol' hypocrit you of course) is an artist that for the most part was considered the Standard for high end 1/6. How is it that he has not made any real advances in his work other than rely on his amazing sculpting ability? The clothing is done by someone else who incidentally has a staff of people working at the helm. Is it really that taboo to comment on these things without having trolls like you pointing fingers and picking a fight. I call it like I see it and this bothers you?

Also, What the Hell are you talking about with regard to your Denny comment? That I cricticized Denny Kim for not re-releasing older sculpts on DEMAND????? Are you insane! Your a mod please dig up where I criticized Denny, as you claim, for not RE-releasing sculpts "ON DEMAND". Thats a bunch of Horse sh...t! Your delusional man. Stop making things up or taking what others say out of context to support your trolling ways you Fraud.

Last edited:

As I've learned before, talking to you is like talking to the wall, Turbo, as you do not seem to comprehend or acknowledge simple arguments or evidence. So at a certain point, I'll just let your words speak for themselves as usual. But first I will say a few things--I do collect Rainman, and (still) have several of his figures, so your claim is inaccurate. If you want to judge me for not owning every Rainman figure, toss those stones if you have never passed on, or re-sold a Rainman figure like, say, the Pulp Fiction guys. Otherwise. . .

I haven't actually criticized much about Beto, except his lack of communication, something Rainman sometimes shares, and the delay between payment and delivery, which is a very widespread issue across lots of companies/artists around here. I totally respect what he does as an artist. What I do criticize is you coming around here and making things unpleasant in various ways, which, credit where it is due, you excel at. And that is what my posts are focused on.

The re-release I'm speaking of obviously is in reference to characters (umpteen Jasons and Freddys and Pennywises and Ashes), which you ridiculed Rainman for here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...RCH-PREORDER&p=6603007&viewfull=1#post6603007

No significant difference between what Beto and Rainman are doing here, but you praise one and criticize the other.

Beto clearly produces shiny sculpts, as the new Ash shows. I personally don't care so long as the detail is retained. But you say Beto's work (presumably including shiny sculpts) are an example of creativity and innovation, while in Rainman's case he's sacrificing artistry because he is lazy.

The "on demand" post? No problem:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...p-The-Bandit&p=6388657&viewfull=1#post6388657

"Many collectors wanted a DX and the demand for it dictated that it would only have been fair to up the edition to previous DX edition numbers like that of Bateman etc."

i.e., criticizing him for not meeting demand with supply.

As for what is taboo, you can post on any issue you please here so long as you follow forum guidelines. But as we've discussed in the past, if you have difficulties receiving some of the criticism you are always happy to dish out to others, then you might want to think twice about it.

Wow. Karamazov, if talking to me is like talking to a wall....then who's the real idiot you or the wall. When and where did I sell my Pulp Fiction figures? Shall I take a pic for you with today's date to prove your delusional and making things up once again? You post a comment about that Cowboy fiasco and try and use what i said out of context to support your claim that I criticized Denny for not RE-releasing older sculpts on demand? That comment I made was questioning why the initial offering wasn't a higher edition to begin with when it could have been from the start. When has Beto re-released Pennywise or Jason karamzov? When has he used the SAME sculpt 3 times over? When man.....where are you getting your information from and more importantly WTF are you even talking about?

No significant difference between what Beto and Rainman are doing here, but you praise one and criticize the other.

Beto clearly produces shiny sculpts, as the new Ash shows. I personally don't care so long as the detail is retained. But you say Beto's work (presumably including shiny sculpts) are an example of creativity and innovation, while in Rainman's case he's sacrificing artistry because he is lazy.

:rotfl HUH! No Karamazov. It's an example of creativity and innovation because one has developed a way to make movable eyes using mom and pop resources. The other is a pioneer in 1/6 who is now resorting to using a sculpt for a 3rd time with no real change or difference other than sculpted hair. It was brilliant the first time but C'MON already.

Do you want me to thumb through all the comments you've made recently that echo much of what I've already said regarding Rainman using the same sculpt 3 times over? It's unpleasant when I comment on this but ok for you to do the exact same! Now you're bothered that I said the sculpt is shiny!!...Its freaking shiny! It looks like toy plastic.......What!

Hold up....

So Amsterdam announced, then put on hold, then announced again, then canceled, then Torrance is announced, then put on hold, then this is announced, right? I guess if he's going to mod the existing head and reuse the existing knife sculpts and hat, and reuse the existing knife rig, then there really will be a minimal amount of work to get this one going. Maybe that's why he's chosen it.

Personally, I would be a heck of a lot more interested if he did a totally new sculpt, but like others, I don't suspect that's going to happen.

So your not insinuating that this offering is a lazy attempt on Rainmans behalf?

Last edited:

as much as we all love hearing you two lovebirds flirt, some relevant news.....
1382850_731736410194555_615338776_n.jpg

Back