Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the problems some of you are having. I am sure Rainman and Zuno will take care of you.

I received my full set yesterday and it is incredible. The headsculpt looks even better in person and Rainman's painting is unreal. The clothing is top notch as well. I got lucky as my set arrived in perfect shape, which is unusual as many times my packages arrive all beat to heck.

Awesome pics, Zuno! And thanks to Rainman for a fantastic figure.

So Manji, I know about FC's 1st and 2nd rule, but when is the next meeting taking place, as I'm rule number 8 :lol and my fists are a itchin!!

or are you Manji?

damn guys. with all these problems, kinda brings a whole new meaning to tyler's phrase, "i say let me never be complete".

hope you all get things sorted. i'm sure rainman will sort you all out. but i wonder what went wrong this time round, when his GBU sets had so very few issues. i'm thinking his passion wasn't in fight club perhaps. maybe he should do whatever project he wants to next time, without polls and suggestions.

I kinda agree with some of eighthsamurai's point here. I think we should let rainman decide what he wants to make next, instead of us making polls etc. That way, we know that its something that he has passion in.

I think he brought tons of passion to this project. Sure, the shirt might be a little disappointing, but Rainman's blondie never had double sided poncho print. Zuno has properly photographed the finished product and it looks as good as the prototype.

Cracked jackets scares the hell out of me, but that sounds more like QC issues than a lack of passion.

got my tyler

pros:
clothes are very well tailored and fits beautifully
leather is very soft and looks very authentic in person
head is bares amzing likeness in hand
beautiful paint work

con:
rubber band holds head to chestpiece... if not careful when handling the the neck will have paintloss....
don't know why he did this

btw: mine is 10/20 and luckly my shirt has a good amount red and black patterns

I took some quick pics of my full limited figure Tyler Durden by Rainman, which came yesterday. I feel lucky - look at the number on my certificate! :eek

I decided not to pose him with the cig right now. I might change my mind later though. The paint on him is stellar, although I'm not much of a fan of whites showing under the iris and pupils. I think the eyes on Davincisman are probably the best I've seen out of everyone's here, with Zuno's a close second.

The quality of this figure rocks! Rainman has done it again. Overall, I have no real complaints with the figure and clothing. He looks amazing in-person! I can't wait to get the red glasses to finish him off! At that point, I'm betting I'll be putting the cigarette in his mouth, or at least have him hold it between his fingers. The likeness to Pitt really comes through when you hold it in your hand. Pics somehow ruin the effect.

With that in mind, sorry for the crapiness of the photos. I tried to stand back quite a bit to keep the flash from drowning out the detail, but this was the best I could do with my cheap-o camera. I did take one shot without the flash to try and show some detail using shadows, but I apologize if it's too dark.

Rainman rules!

For good measure, here's one more pic so you can see how he 'stands up' next to other figures. He's so good, he looks like a Hot Toys or Enterbay piece!

Rainman did a stellar job on this one, I must say. Paint is superb and top notch!

But I also experienced the same problem as you, manji. My studio DF painted head and the unpainted head also have broken tips on the hair :monkey2

Help me, zuno:monkey2

I'll be posting up the comparison pics of the rainman painted full set and the studio DF ones in a bit, uploading it now.

Rainman did a stellar job on this one, I must say. Paint is superb and top notch!

But I also experienced the same problem as you, manji. My studio DF painted head and the unpainted head also have broken tips on the hair :monkey2

I'll be posting up the comparison pics of the rainman painted full set and the studio DF ones in a bit, uploading it now.

Hi Hydeous,

I can't simply toss this threads to Rainman... :sick
Please email me the pictures.
My email is [email protected]
I'll explain to him with the pictures.

Thanks,

Nightmare! So sorry to hear that buddy its a real shame isnt it!

Did the painted head come bubble wrapped and the unpainted without?

Atleast you can get it sorted matey

Back