RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh I thought Twisters was just ok. I liked the lead characters well enough and thought they had a fun dynamic together, but the actual tornado sequences never got my pulse pounding even a little. Probably because so much of it was played for kicks (under some blaring rock song) that it undercut any real sense of danger.

I'd probably give it a 5/10

I was really surprised that ILM did most of the effects for this film and yes they are excellent. I did see that there were a few smaller houses but I am wondering if there is a move away from the effects work being split out to too many different houses that the quality is affected. Helped that the wonderful local boy Aussie Ben Snow was the supervisor (plus he was in the cast as Australian Tourist lol!!)

Yeah that bugged me a bit as well. Not only do they cover a lot of similar ground with the science of it you constantly get a sense of deja vu watching two sets of four wheel drives hammering around the Oklahoma country side.

Completely agree. Disgusting stuff.
I THINK that they were intending the call backs on the road chase. The jumping in front of the vehicles from the corn fields was of course intended.....

Shame is what works in this is the stuff that was NOT callbacks.

Nostalgia has had its say , and we are tired of it.

Eh I thought Twisters was just ok. I liked the lead characters well enough and thought they had a fun dynamic together, but the actual tornado sequences never got my pulse pounding even a little. Probably because so much of it was played for kicks (under some blaring rock song) that it undercut any real sense of danger.

I'd probably give it a 5/10
I actually liked the fact they were tones down. Plus we have now seen so much real footage, the CGI cannot compare.

Crisis on infinite earths part 2: 7/10

Enjoying these so far. They take enough liberties from the source to keep it interesting. Psycho Pirate is more irredeemable than ever.

Kill - 8/10

I don't watch a lot of Bollywood movies, but this is certainly one of the best I've seen. Definitely the goriest.

Deadpool & Wolverine:

Not particularly funny, didn't have the greatest plot or villain, and felt inconsistent (including the action scenes). Some cameos were better than others and only one that was a surprise was really interesting to me. But Wolverine himself was handled extremely well, it has charm, and was in line with the previous Deadpool movies.

As a film, trying to be objective, I would probably say this is a 6.5 or so. But because I'm such a fan or wolverine and loved so much of what happened with him I personally rate this a 7.5. Saw it a second time with my nephew and feelings didn't change much. Mid range MCU movie.

Knox Goes Away: 7/10

Not great but very solid and Keaton was excellent. Nice ending. Film leaves you feeling more sympathetic than one probably should towards a killer but it is a movie. I doubt I will remember much about this in a year, though.

Nomadland: 8/10

Not an easy movie to watch, but very well done. You initially have great sympathy for mcdormand being in her situation but your perspective changes as the story progresses. It made me feel very fortunate that I don't have to struggle in the way that many others do just to get by.

Last edited:
Twisters
7.5/10
Sooooo much better than the first one.
This is how you do it Hollywood.

Daisy Edgar-Jones and Glen Powell … chefs kiss!

ET
10/10
This film has a power over me like no other.
Just posting my similar feelings about ET. I was 11 when it came out and it has never lost its impact. Masterful, personal and uplifting. That rainbow and the fanfare at the end just kills me every single time. Hell, I start crying at the title fade in.🥲

I saw the Devil: 10/10

A macabre revenge tale that borders on dark comedy. I'm always impressed by the stellar performances from Lee Byung Hun and Choi Min Sik.

Deadpool/Wolverine - 10/10.

Without being a mega-fan of either character but think I edged closer to that. IMO just a well crafted film that had some genuinely poignant moments without bogging down. Reynolds and Jackson fantastic.

Plus crammed with Easter eggs, darkly hilarious. Worth every cent of the tickets AND the insane ~50$ me and my bro spent snacking. *Warm fuzzies". Wouldn't mind seeing it again. 😁

Rewatched the Star Wars prequels this weekend.

TPM isn't as unwatchable as I remember (last time I saw it was 14 years ago). AOTC is where things get dicey, dialogue and delivery-wise. ROTS was the silliest and hardest to get through. Might be late to this conclusion, but I think the story is much better when digested as Palpatine's rise than Vader's.

In other words, my opinion is now the exact opposite of what it used to be. :lol

Godzilla minus one: 7.5/10

Very solid movie that handles Godzilla the way he should be handled. There is no morality from him, just rage and destruction. The main story was well done for the most part though the series of events at the very end are a bit too fantastic, even for a movie about a giant lizard that shoots fire. Ends up feeling like a Roland Emmerich movie at the very end, which, yknow...

But a primary message was that the low value placed on life in WW2 was wrongheaded, so I kind of get it.

Certainly much much better than the recent American films. I would watch a sequel.

Panic Room: 7/10

Well made suspense thriller. A bit by the numbers for Fincher, though. Ending is a bit odd. Dwight Yoakam is one of my favorite country artists and he's a damn good actor, as well.

Just posting my similar feelings about ET. I was 11 when it came out and it has never lost its impact. Masterful, personal and uplifting. That rainbow and the fanfare at the end just kills me every single time. Hell, I start crying at the title fade in.🥲
Yeah I think if you are a certain age this film is it basically. Most films I rewatch because I love them loose a little bit of power each time. That’s not to say I don’t love them and in a way it’s our own fault for constantly rewatching films. But this one, the overly manipulative music, the really natural kid performances that are not over bearing. Dee Wallace is just perfection. The moody lighting. There’s just something really really special about it. Those final moments turn me into a wimpering mess every single time. I mean it’s clearly nostalgia but it’s more than that. It’s about longing for a more innocent time, longing for genuine relationships and knowing that relationships rarely last.

Payback director's cut: 7/10

Fun revenge movie. Gibson is one of the best action oriented actors of all time. I hadn't seen this since it was originally released, but I enjoyed it more now than I remembered.

Jack Reacher 2: 6.5/10

Pretty good. Could have used more of the patented jack reacher action stuff though. Could have substituted this character for cruise in 20 other movies. The very end was strange.

Funny that both of these movies has a scene where the protagonist bumps into and steals a guy's wallet and then proceeds to use the victim's ID as their own.

Last edited:
I heard "Trap" was pretty good and a "return to form for Shymalan."

I heard wrong.

Terrible, terrible movie. Incredibly stupid and tedious. Waste of time.

Creed III. 5/10

A boring remake of Rocky III with no emotions, there are constant comments about Adonis' age " he is old, a washed up boxer etc...which is ridiculous when you see the shape of Michael B. Jordan.
In Rocky III Mickey's death was heartbreaking,, here i felt no emotions for the death of Adonis' mother.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Of course happy ending with perhaps a new franchise with Adonis's daughter ?

The Ballad of Lefty Brown: 7.5/10

Very solid film. A throwback John Ford type western in many ways. The protagonist is what would usually be a supporting character. So, some Liberty Valence vibes there. One of the better Bill Pullman performances.

Alien: Romulus - 6/10

Would've been a solid 7 without the throwback quotes and...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thankfully most of that crops up in the third act. I would've actually preferred if the film was more paint by numbers like people originally thought; the one moment they tried to do something new, they did the wrooong thing.

Enjoyable for the most part, though. Well shot, well acted, and great cinematography. More competent and satisfying than Covenant and Prometheus.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence: 9.5/10

As far as American westerns go it doesn't get much better than this. Lee Marvin is the real star in my opinion. He takes it to another level as a cruel force of nature, but Stewart is perfectly cast as is John Wayne's archetypical, flawed western hero. The movie is ultimately a tragedy in that Doniphon gives up everything for the greater good, including his own shot at happiness and his public legacy. And the last shot is fantastic, hinting that Stoddard also had to sacrifice a lot and that something inside him will always ring hollow. Woody Strode, Lee Van Cleef, and Andy Devine provide real depth to the film in their supporting roles.

I also noticed that this and Lefty Brown are both representative of changing times with the railroad as the harbinger of that change.

Back