RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blink Twice - 7/10

This went from an intriguing mystery to ultimate girl boss revenge story so fast it gave me whiplash. Still entertaining though.

Slingshot - 6/10

Another interesting mystery/sci-fi story that couldn't quite stick the landing. Also, the whole movie has the cinematography of a cheap TV show.

Cuckoo - 6.5/10

Strange horror/sci-fi/mystery that's hard to describe without giving away spoilers. Basically, there's a weird creature/person chasing a chick around at a resort and bizarre stuff happens that's never really explained.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring: 9/10

A great movie in almost all ways. The best of the three and it should have won the awards that went to the third entry. Casting, acting, direction, cinematography, pacing/editing, music. Often with classic books you expect to see it updated in film for "current" sensibilities every now and again, but I have a hard time imagining why anyone would want to make this into a film or TV show again. Unless, perhaps, they want to expand on things the movie didn't cover from the book. After all this time, it still surprises me that the studios put this much faith in Peter Jackson. I was a fan from Dead Alive and the Frighteners, but I didn't expect he could have stuck the landing nearly as well as he did.

I only have very minor criticisms with the movie lagging in some parts of the latter half, and some dodgy CG in a few places (though the fact that they did it even better almost 25 years ago than some can do it now is a testament to the quality of even that piece).

Cuckoo - 6.5/10

Strange horror/sci-fi/mystery that's hard to describe without giving away spoilers. Basically, there's a weird creature/person chasing a chick around at a resort and bizarre stuff happens that's never really explained.
I haven't seen this yet, but I give this film credit for their willingness to cast a trans woman in what seems to be a straight up female lead without (as I understand it) making it gimmicky or sensationalizing it for promotion.

Back