Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Grievous, Westworld & Kenobi!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! G1 Sharkticon & Leatherface !!!

Cool updates mate.
23lo1vr.gif

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! G1 Sharkticon, Leatherface, Yoda and Dutch !

Sharkticon rox :rock :rock

Agreed :lecture

Cool updates mate.
23lo1vr.gif

Thanks

Went ahead and ordered a 3rd Kaustic body from Monkey Depot (they have them in stock) so I could use my 2nd one to upgrade Dutch.

kkq.jpg

kkr.jpg

kks.jpg

kkt.jpg

Also after I weathered Luke, Yoda was just too clean so he got a bit of weathering as well. Nothing too major, just a tea bath and some browns added to him:

ccm-3.jpg

ccn-3.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! G1 Sharkticon, Leatherface, Yoda and Dutch !

That ESB diorama looks awesome!! :hi5:

Wow the Yoda weathering looks very cool.
23lo1vr.gif

Thanks Drakul and Sarvesh :duff

I was iffy about picking up the Hut, but it's become one of my favorite pieces :rock :rock :rock

Hey, the Kaustic body really works on Dutch !!!
You didn't purchase the rubber one from Hot Toys ? Dutch is a custom ?

I just upgraded my HT figure. So everything except for the body is stock. But this KP really is a bit improvement over what he had; looks better and of course poses way better.

So that's a Kaustic Plastic body, J? That looks perfect! Any issues with it at all or is that pretty much the way to go for Dutch?

It is the KP, and honestly it's a great one. Very tight joints (but not too) and good quality. I think completely naked it's a bit odd looking; but on Dutch with the vest (or vest and camo tank-top) it's awesome! To me it is a big improvement over the original body in how it looks and of course the poseability. It's still not as flexible as a standard body, but miles above what HT gave us.

Only issues in the transfer a are that the head on Dutch is a bit small so you need to hollow-out the inside so it sits properly (same needed to be done on the original body, this time just a bit more dremmeling) and the ankle pegs are not quite big enough to grip the inside of the boots.

To address the ankle issue I chose to shave done the top ball of a HT peg so it fit in the KP ankles, but others use the KP ball joint and just used teflon tape (or a bit of saran wrap) to make the bottom ball a bit larger.

Yoda looks much better now;)

So does dutch, bit gutted I sold mine but it went to a good home and needed the dough, oh well:)

It is the KP, and honestly it's a great one. Very tight joints (but not too) and good quality. I think completely naked it's a bit odd looking; but on Dutch with the vest (or vest and camo tank-top) it's awesome! To me it is a big improvement over the original body in how it looks and of course the poseability. It's still not as flexible as a standard body, but miles above what HT gave us.

Only issues in the transfer a are that the head on Dutch is a bit small so you need to hollow-out the inside so it sits properly (same needed to be done on the original body, this time just a bit more dremmeling) and the ankle pegs are not quite big enough to grip the inside of the boots.

To address the ankle issue I chose to shave done the top ball of a HT peg so it fit in the KP ankles, but others use the KP ball joint and just used teflon tape (or a bit of saran wrap) to make the bottom ball a bit larger.

I'll need to pick one up then... Looks great!

OK. So I had a dutch custom left out and now I know which body is perfect and not too much expensive...:wink1: and poseable.

Glad to be of service... I was looking around and it seems Monkey Depot is the cheapest place that still has the headless KP body in stock. You can pre-order from the 2nd batch, but I guess they are not expected to be released until the end of September.

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Merry & Pippin! The Fellowship is Complete!

At long last, the fellowship is complete!!!

Finished up Merry and Pippin today. To do so I just followed the path layed by greater men (Thanks Pixeltwin and others) to modify their clothes and swap around accessores. The paintwork here is by the incredible Skiman :duff

Only thing I'm not happy about is the color of Pippin's jacket, I just could not get it darker than what it is now :huh

ccq-3.jpg

ccs-2.jpg

cct-2.jpg

With Frodo and Sam:
ccp-3.jpg

ccr-2.jpg

ccv-2.jpg

The Complete Fellowship on Display!!!
cco-3.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Merry & Pippin! The Fellowship is Complete!

Great pix,J :rock :rock :rock

Group shot look great! Ski did a fantastic job.

So nice to see a complete fellowship displayed. :clap
Need Gandalf, Gimli and Merry/Pippin to finish mine...

Great pix,J :rock :rock :rock

Group shot look great! Ski did a fantastic job.

Thanks man, I completely agree! Glad I was able to get on his schedule to get these painted. I hadn't done any of the clothing yet, but after getting these I had a marathon of dyeing and alteration on Sunday :lol

Great LOTR figure display! :clap

So nice to see a complete fellowship displayed. :clap
Need Gandalf, Gimli and Merry/Pippin to finish mine...

I hadn't done any of the clothing yet, but after getting these I had a marathon of dyeing and alteration on Sunday :lol

I had Marc's mother in law do that for me. :lol

True Story :lecture

You did fine work there, J.

Back