Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If SS started selling Ex pieces for Regular owners, or letting people buy their damaged Ex piece to sell on, I'm sure there would be uproar.
Good on them for not making easy money.

Holy crap that head is resistant. I was stomping it with a mortar and pestle and barely chipped. Will take it to the driveway with a hammer tomorrow.

Holy crap that head is resistant. I was stomping it with a mortar and pestle and barely chipped. Will take it to the driveway with a hammer tomorrow.

lol, amazes me how these statues are so delicate till you take a hammer to em :lol

Spiderman's head made me feel like a little girl... I think it broke my hammer haha

To make you send it back

I know, but why not have it 100% then, the 85% is just funny to me, like they almost hope you will pay it because it is not 100%. I am still a big proponent of them selling parts(at reasonable prices of course) to those that need replacements past the return period.

I know, but why not have it 100% then, the 85% is just funny to me, like they almost hope you will pay it because it is not 100%. I am still a big proponent of them selling parts(at reasonable prices of course) to those that need replacements past the return period.

I might have mentioned before but SS did sell me a replacement Beast hand one time. Almost a year later I accidentally bumped his hand off and it broke. I called them up to see if they had extra and offered to pay the cost and I they did still have some spare hands. Sold it to me and I think the total cost was around $14

I might have mentioned before but SS did sell me a replacement Beast hand one time. Almost a year later I accidentally bumped his hand off and it broke. I called them up to see if they had extra and offered to pay the cost and I they did still have some spare hands. Sold it to me and I think the total cost was around $14

I wish they would do that for more statues, especially the light up ones. Not only would they sell more statues as guys worry about them failing, but the parts profit too. Just can't see one good reason they don't do it. Glad they had the one you needed though.

Better late than never I suppose! Finally got to open and see my RS Ex in person after vacationing and wondering. First impressions are the sculpting is all that and more and a very dynamic piece. After the initial 'excited eye' syndrome passed I notice the paint apps are the let down on her. Light is a vital part to bring out some of the sculpt, but no amount of light will make flat aluminum shine like steel on the bikini pieces and there is a lack of wear and tear buffing/tarnishing on the leather gloves/boots. This linked with slight over painting on skin contact parts (boots, gloves, bikini etc) lead this to be a piece not for too close an inspection. Should there be flesh tones in between the links on the breasts? Maybe, but all in all it is a nice piece to have.

This may be the first PF I actually try and enhance the paintwork, the bikini/armour if nothing else as it should, in my mind, shine out in silver as her hair shines out in flaming red.

Congrats DaveMac, she's a beaute!

Got my body and head replacement and the eyes are painted better (no blood shot eyes). The body is better with no chips. The head even looks a little lighter and the lips are fully painted. Man I don't ever see myself selling her. If I had another base I'd have another full statue lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

My ONLY real disappointment paint wise is her eyes. Really wish they were a lighter green. As it is, her eyes look solid black from more than two feet away. Even still, I'm blown away every time I walk past.

I do regret not getting the exclusive. I would have loved to repainted it

No request to smash & shoot pics?
Yeah I got that. Just saying Lol hope they forget but that'll never happen. If they do, then I'll give it away as a Spook prize lol. The winner will have to commission a base and an arm lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Better late than never I suppose! Finally got to open and see my RS Ex in person after vacationing and wondering. First impressions are the sculpting is all that and more and a very dynamic piece. After the initial 'excited eye' syndrome passed I notice the paint apps are the let down on her. Light is a vital part to bring out some of the sculpt, but no amount of light will make flat aluminum shine like steel on the bikini pieces and there is a lack of wear and tear buffing/tarnishing on the leather gloves/boots. This linked with slight over painting on skin contact parts (boots, gloves, bikini etc) lead this to be a piece not for too close an inspection. Should there be flesh tones in between the links on the breasts? Maybe, but all in all it is a nice piece to have.

This may be the first PF I actually try and enhance the paintwork, the bikini/armour if nothing else as it should, in my mind, shine out in silver as her hair shines out in flaming red.

I think you've just summed up my thoughts perfectly. She's stunning in every way until you look closely.

The metal has no definition and the slop where colours meet is pretty poor. There should be no flesh tones on the chainmail but there is. Anywhere the flesh meets there seems to be slop.

In terms of the bikini, when drawn properly, she always had a leather bikini and the chainmail over the top was simply adidtional, so if anything you'd see brown between the links, not flesh. Then again, if this were more scalemail, then there'd be no gaps in between.

Back