Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stickman... check 1/6 dealers for parts from DML's Elmo Freitag figure.. great DAK cap.. monkeydepot.com has a number of ww2 german field caps right now... just click on the ww2 axis page then go to headgear

These customs look great Wor-Gar. Where'd you get the DAK uniform? I need a soft cap.

Thanks!

DIETRICH is a total bash: the soft DAK cap came from the Dragon Leopold figure. The tunic is from Reinhardt -- correct color mustard, not the incorrect green. Boots from Newline. Pants -- dunno, left over jodphurs from 2000. Web belt, gloved hands, holster, shoulder boards, patches and even a real metal eagle pin on the cap all bought loose over several years.

Raidersbaddies.jpg

Just seen on ebay someone is trying to sell their exclusive Belloq for 219.00. I wonder how long after the release recasts will start to flood ebay. Not that I'm going to do it but it does seem like it would be an easy piece to do.

Does anyone know how much SideShow is going to charge in total for the figure once they ship it?

They gave me a grand total on my account but as with the other two figures I've ordered from them that's never the real total. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how much SideShow is going to charge in total for the figure once they ship it?

They gave me a grand total on my account but as with the other two figures I've ordered from them that's never the real total. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind Sideshow's "totals" during pre-orders are often just estimates. You can almost always guarantee that your shipping costs will be more once the item finally ships.

Keep in mind Sideshow's "totals" during pre-orders are often just estimates. You can almost always guarantee that your shipping costs will be more once the item finally ships.

Not true. For me, they are often less. So who knows with Belloq? Probably more because of the environment, but you never know.

Well...:(...I have to cancel my pre-order tonight for the exclusive Belloq. It sucks. But I just can't afford to get it in the next week or so that it is expected to be charged to my credit card. :monkey2

So...my loss will be someone else's gain. I hope my pre-order converts for a member here who's been on the waiting list for him.

No way I'm cancelling this. I want that Idol enviro to badly. That's going to really stand out on my detolf. I'm looking forward to this one more than the ark with Toht.

Okay...I officially had to cancel my pre-order for the exclusive Belloq yesterday. :monkey2 Yeah, it sucks, and I'm really sad about it. :(

Hopefully someone on this board had a waitlist order that just converted. Guess where that one came from? :rolleyes:

Seriously...I hope I've helped someone out here. :D

Very sorry to hear that JediMike. This is one of the few things I have on pre-order. Raiders has been one of my absolute favourite movies since it came out, and even though I'm feeling the pinch, especially with Belloq and Toht's exclusive prices, I'm going to hold on to them. I canceled the Joes line in favor of Belloq and Toht, and I've been resisting on many of the SW announcements (particularly EpII Obi Wan :(). I, like many of us here, am just keeping my fingers crossed that I hold on to my job, and am being very careful with my purchases.

I don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread, but do we know what the environment is made out of?

Polystone is perfect for this. So looking forward to it's arrival!

Yeah, I figure SS uses polystone for everything like this...to capture the detail. Size and price wise, it's comparable to the old SS/Weta LOTR Environments (Amon Hen, Wethertop, etc.), and I have those, and they're polystone and rather heavy.

Here's a link to those as references for the uninitiated:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/listing.php?cat=The Lord of the Rings&type=Polystone+Environment

Weight = expensive shipping.

I'd be fine with plastic, but either way.

I am curious now if the pedestal is in fact polystone. The ark is, but I wasn't sure about the pedestal.

The idol IS real metal though.

Back