Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Quantum View. It says my scheduled delivery is the 13th, but I'm guessing I won't actually have it in-hand until the 16th. Seems like that almost always happens with my Sideshow orders...it's always an extra (business) day.

Still, the wheels are turning. Keep an eye on those inboxes! :whip

I just got mine as well. I was suprised that it required a signature. Hopefully it arrives on Firday like the notice says since I have the day off.

Found this image on Toy-World.com.HK. Can't say that I am too impressed with Belloq:

20090208_fc6804d30371e36baf07qh7wbHjCVNwQ.jpg

The suit looks kind of crappy IMO. The Idol pedestal looks pretty nice though.

Pedestal looks awesome,
Belloq :yuck
I'm glad I cancelled...
Maybe in the future, I can get the pedestal only...

I just got mine as well. I was suprised that it required a signature. Hopefully it arrives on Firday like the notice says since I have the day off.

Everything over $100 requires a signature. And I just want the pedistal too.. I hope I can get one someday for a good price.

Yikes.:horror One of SS's worst looking 12" figs IMHO. The suit is probably salvageable with some futzing but the bad sculpt along with it being absolutely huge is just sad. I just don't understand how up and down SS's quality is.:confused:

The base looks nice though.

I think the usual immediate negativity always stems from people who didn't order, had no interest and/or had to cancel and just want to feel good about not getting it.

I'm holding out judgement until I have it in hand, but I am not impressed with that picture either. BUT... I've seen plenty of crap pictures in my time. I can only hope its better.

Remember all the hate for Indy at first? Now, everyone says he's one of SS's best.

I don't think Belloq will ever be a "wow" figure no matter how well done. You have to like the character and want him represented.

BTW, my shipping notice says 11 lbs! So yeah -- polystone.

Last edited:
I think the usual immediate negativity always stems from people who didn't order, had no interest and/or had to cancel and just want to feel good about not getting it.
I'm holding out judgement until I have it in hand, but I am not impressed with that picture either. BUT... I've seen plenty of crap pictures in my time. I can only hope its better.

Remember all the hate for Indy at first? Now, everyone says he's one of SS's best.

I don't think Belloq will ever be a "wow" figure no matter how well done. You have to like the character and want him represented.

BTW, my shipping notice says 11 lbs! So yeah -- polystone.

That's right Wor-Gar! I for one feel the need to futz any figure I get outta the box. And as for the paint you cannot see much with that lighting, too hard to tell. The real Indy nuts will buy this figure, and I am proud to be one of them.

That's right Wor-Gar! I for one feel the need to futz any figure I get outta the box. And as for the paint you cannot see much with that lighting, too hard to tell. The real Indy nuts will buy this figure, and I am proud to be one of them.

Me too! After Belloq is futzed, I bet he'll look GREAT! Just wait until we start seeing some customs on these boards!

And yes, the pedestal is BADASS! Glad I got this one! :rock

From what I can tell in that photo, it looks like the stand is fouling up the hang of the jacket and possibly making the pants ride up high. I hope anyway.

Generally, SS has pretty good clothing, so I'm less worried about that then I am as to whether the sculpt will survive the paint apps or whether it truly looks like Belloq.

I don't find Indy to have any bobblehead whatsoever --although I have seen some pics that look like he does -- so I would think Belloq will be the same.

Whatever the case, he'll be here tomorrow for me, so I'll let you guys know what to expect best I can.

I didnt order, and i think he looks fine. But I dont really think the base is all that great....IMO>

From what I can tell in that photo, it looks like the stand is fouling up the hang of the jacket and possibly making the pants ride up high. I hope anyway.

Generally, SS has pretty good clothing, so I'm less worried about that then I am as to whether the sculpt will survive the paint apps or whether it truly looks like Belloq.

I don't find Indy to have any bobblehead whatsoever --although I have seen some pics that look like he does -- so I would think Belloq will be the same.

Whatever the case, he'll be here tomorrow for me, so I'll let you guys know what to expect best I can.

Any kitchen shots? :monkey2

Mine will be here Wednesday. I must watch Raiders to get psyched.

You've got that really nice Belloq custom dontcha Wor-Gar? I'd love to see some side by side shots.

I still think he'll be the stinker of the line though. I just hope SS makes any needed corrections for the opening scene Belloq figure...if they get around to making him that is.

And I'm looking forward to it. Wish I didn't have to cancel, but...gotta make some tough choices these days.

But I have have a feeling once some shots of Belloq and that pedestal start pouring in, I'll have to find a way....:)

Back