Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I would see a pre-auth be a lot more than what was actually charged so maybe it will be a more "normal" price when it goes thorugh?

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that's what it is. With the additional size, and the weight only being 2 lbs over normal, it's looking more and more like a plastic pedestal.

You'd think if it was polystone, SS would have stated that somewhere. They always do. Like with the ark.

I just hope, whatever it is, its worth the additional $60. Heck, that's the price of a whole 12" Ghostbuster with working lights now. :)

I thought during the initial announcement it was said it was polystone and they also made specific note that the idol would be heavier than the one that came with Indy, but yeah, I don't remember where exactly. Maybe that was just speculation.

My account was charged but I haven't received any confirmation of when the figure was shipping, has anyone else? :confused:

Mine says "Item shipping soon" but I haven't been charged yet. Too bad because my CC cycle ends today, so I came **this close** to having Belloq in one CC statement and Stormie on the next statement!

Now they'll both be on next month's statement! :(

(Not that it makes too much of a difference. It's just psychological!)

I've been out of town for a bit, so I missed out on this thread but I too was charged but no shipping notice yet.

This is one of those items that can put me into a good mood or a bad mood in terms of SSC. Its pretty expensive, but if both the figure and the pedestal come out good, I will be really pleased and be willing to continue the line with Toht, but if its lacking, I'll probably sell it and drop the line.

I'm in the same plan mode as well if this ends up being disappointing.

Did we ever find out officially if the pedestal is plastic or polystone?

I got a preauth for nearly $30 more than the price, so I'm assuming it is.

If it's NOT polystone, I'm out. The price would be ridiculous for "plastic."

If its not a sturdy material like polystone, its probably going back.

Ditto.

Found this image on Toy-World.com.HK. Can't say that I am too impressed with Belloq:

20090208_fc6804d30371e36baf07qh7wbHjCVNwQ.jpg

The suit looks kind of crappy IMO. The Idol pedestal looks pretty nice though.

Well... not a great pic. But the shoes and hat look nice, and I like the material they chose for his suit. Needs futzing seriously.

Pedestal looks great there. Hope yet. It also looks like polystone there too, but I'm still wondering.

Idol Chamber:
7" H (177.8mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 13" D (330.2mm)*
Product Weight: 8.00 lbs (3.63 kg)*

ITS polystone, JUST TALK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH SS AND SHE CONFIRMED THIS FOR ME ... the Weight is 8 pounds platic will not be that heavy

Idol Chamber:
7" H (177.8mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 13" D (330.2mm)*
Product Weight: 8.00 lbs (3.63 kg)*

ITS polystone, JUST TALK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH SS AND SHE CONFIRMED THIS FOR ME ... the Weight is 8 pounds platic will not be that heavy

Good to hear, thanks.

And Wor-Gar is right about that pic--- Obviously there's been no work done on the fig straight out of the box.

Back