Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still looks good, even if you are critical of it yourself.
For a black wash, fill an empty paint bottle halfway with thinners. Then put in 20% black paint.
They brush paint it on. As the paint is really thin, it will creep with a capillary action into lines and cracks.
If it's *too* thin, add more black and try again. Typically, a wash will need several passes.

Thanks Barry! :hi5:

Are you saying brush it on with a paint brush or air brush? To do the 'weathering' I did pretty much exactly what you described: a lot of thinner and small % of black paint, using airbrush passes from a good distance.

My concern is that applying this directly with a brush will make the paint that's already on there run due to the high % of thinner being applied. Does that make sense?

Thanks Barry! :hi5:

Are you saying brush it on with a paint brush or air brush? To do the 'weathering' I did pretty much exactly what you described: a lot of thinner and small % of black paint, using airbrush passes from a good distance.

My concern is that applying this directly with a brush will make the paint that's already on there run due to the high % of thinner being applied. Does that make sense?

I totally understand.
A wash will *always* be done like in that video, applied with a brush.
Like he says, once you have done the normal painting, set the model aside to fully dry(In a warm cupboard overnight will be fine), then apply a light spray of future. Just a light misted coat to protect the previous paintwork.
Same drill, let it dry fully.
Then go to town on the wash. I always use acrylic, and the reason i recommend a paint bottle is i keep washes pre-mixed. But you can do a small amount like the dude in the video did.
You'll be amazed at how fast the paint is drawn into panel lines.

I totally understand.
A wash will *always* be done like in that video, applied with a brush.
Like he says, once you have done the normal painting, set the model aside to fully dry(In a warm cupboard overnight will be fine), then apply a light spray of future. Just a light misted coat to protect the previous paintwork.
Same drill, let it dry fully.
Then go to town on the wash. I always use acrylic, and the reason i recommend a paint bottle is i keep washes pre-mixed. But you can do a small amount like the dude in the video did.
You'll be amazed at how fast the paint is drawn into panel lines.

Great video, thanks a bunch. Looks like I'll need to hunt down a bottle of Future before proceeding. Have you had any experience using the pre-made washes he discusses in his video?

Great video, thanks a bunch. Looks like I'll need to hunt down a bottle of Future before proceeding. Have you had any experience using the pre-made washes he discusses in his video?

No. I have to admit i always make my own. More control over them. Go to ANY hobby store and they will sell small empty paint bottles(Although i cheat and use old thinners bottles for washes, lol). I did a search and found "Trotta's Hobbies" in 849 W Bay Ave. They'd have everything you'd need to make any kind of washes. It seems like hard work at first(Like before you got an airbrush!), but after you have the materials, it's childs play.

Have you ever tried filters on models? They can be effective as weathering too.

No. I have to admit i always make my own. More control over them. Go to ANY hobby store and they will sell small empty paint bottles(Although i cheat and use old thinners bottles for washes, lol). I did a search and found "Trotta's Hobbies" in 849 W Bay Ave. They'd have everything you'd need to make any kind of washes. It seems like hard work at first(Like before you got an airbrush!), but after you have the materials, it's childs play.

Have you ever tried filters on models? They can be effective as weathering too.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude, I never knew that place existed and it's a stone's throw away. :lol Thanks! I'll check em out :hi5:

Filters? I doubt it as I'm not sure what they are. ;)

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude, I never knew that place existed and it's a stone's throw away. :lol Thanks! I'll check em out :hi5:

No worries. I did a quick email check for your address(From the gantry panel deal), and did a google search of your area, lol. Those wargamers have mad skills and will *always* be up for a gab on how best to apply paint. Usually these stores have a gaming grid in store, with WH geeks painting or playing right in store, and they are all up for helping a novice out with info(And believe you me, we are *all* novices when compared to gamers!).

Filters? I doubt it as I'm not sure what they are. ;)

Filters are an incredible technique that mimics the kind of weird grime any vehicle can get when outside for a while(Or mimicking battle damage).
You do the entire paint job as before, and add a light coat of future, then you get some bizarre colour(Purple, green, yellow, etc), and add some tiny dots of a combination of colours, then subtly blend them with a thinned brush.
It only leaves little shades of the original colour, and it's a nice subtle effect when it all dries.

For the ultimate weathering video, check this out:

Wow, you weren't kidding about that video. :lol

Where'd you get your Pledge w/Future from? Searching locally I don't see 'Future' on any of the Pledge floor products offered at Walmart, etc. Did they change the label or discontinue the product?

Wow, you weren't kidding about that video. :lol

Where'd you get your Pledge w/Future from? Searching locally I don't see 'Future' on any of the Pledge floor products offered at Walmart, etc. Did they change the label or discontinue the product?

Modellers stock up. I bought six bottles eight years ago and still have four left, lol.

Info here:

The Complete Future

Put mine up on the shelf. I like it. Might as well sell the Mk V though, can't see it. :lecture

10347497_10153935080444460_2667489090758493929_n.jpg

Get me their addresses b/c after hitting 3 stores I was able to procure a single bottle of the stuff! :lecture :lol

Lol.
Just make sure and keep your coats thin. That way it won't be glossy.

Thanks, it helps make him look bigger up on the platform too.

It could be a HT figure on that base. Well done.

uploadfromtaptalk1426831315612.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426831328034.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426831339486.jpgOk guys I know this is for the Hulkbuster custom....which I enjoyed and loved repainting it...now after doing all that and liked it, I did this little diorama for my 1/4 smeagel. What do you guys think, is my first one, but many more to come. :)...I know I should have done it bigger, but just wanted to see if I was able to do it .

Nice group shot Cof & sweet repaint batman :rock

PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Picked up another Titan Hero today at Target :monkey3

Back