Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20240804_165411.jpg

Out of the box quick pic with Ada.

Attachments

• 20240804_165411.jpg
    20240804_165411.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
MT Leon turned out great. Although I'll probably buy a Damtoys version if ever made this is pretty much good enough for me.

I’ll only get Dam if they finally improve the paint quality of their headsculpts. They are seriously subpar for being officially licensed and the price of hot toys. The difference between MT and Dam is staggering and MT is way cheaper.

Leon should go and see a doctor... he's shrinking fast :eek: That can't be healthy for a man his age...

:ROFLMAO:

He'll be a dwarf by the time Resident Evil 10 comes out! :LOL:
(Dwarf version will probably be released by SW Toys when the time comes...)

Leon should go and see a doctor... he's shrinking fast :eek: That can't be healthy for a man his age...

:ROFLMAO:

He'll be a dwarf by the time Resident Evil 10 comes out! :LOL:
(Dwarf version will probably be released by SW Toys when the time comes...)
Right? I always considered him as a tall guy. He looks very tall in RE4 remake.

Leon is a short king (5'11") :LOL:

Dam is very overscaled, MT looks pretty good. I have a shorter Dam body ready for him that will put him at 11.9 inches, which is perfect scale.

Leon is a short king (5'11") :LOL:

Dam is very overscaled, MT looks pretty good. I have a shorter Dam body ready for him that will put him at 11.9 inches, which is perfect scale.
Are there tall and short dam bodies?? For Dam Leon I always thought it was the boots that threw of the scaling but the bodies was all the same.

I swapped Leon onto a Dam body… well VTS body I had to mod the sculpt to get it to sit right.

Are there tall and short dam bodies?? For Dam Leon I always thought it was the boots that threw of the scaling but the bodies was all the same.

I swapped Leon onto a Dam body… well VTS body I had to mod the sculpt to get it to sit right.

Its the ankle pegs that make him too tall. You can buy Dam bodies that don't have the joints stuck to the body, and get smaller pegs. I guess my wording was wrong lol

Got my Leon S. Kennedy over the weekend and I must say I am more impressed than I thought I would be!

Ordered him through Kit and had no issues with shipment, was also double boxed :)

• Box art looks great, it gets you excited enough and it feels legit despite being third party, upon opening you're greeted with a bunch of accessories and preview of the figure under the plastic clam shell. Also included is a body clip reference, so you know where al the belts/straps are meant to go.
10.jpg

• Proportions wise I would say his torso looks a little short and his waist abit on the thinner side as well. The belt buckle does stick out abit and it makes his stomach area look abit weird sometimes. Some people talked about body swapping but I'd hate to lose the seamless look, maybe a different Phicen body may work better or even adding in a padded torso, but overall I think the body proportions look decent and muscle tone looks spot on.
  • I must say it was abit of a pain in the ass to put on all those belts and pouches as they weren't preassembled beforehand. Worth it at the end and personally I prefer the non-jacket look more as you can see more detail and muscle tone.
  • I've heard the shirt is not accurate colour wise and looking at in-game screenshots, its meant to be a more navy colour which is more grey here for some reason. Even the promo shots had a navy coloured shirt, but luckily it doesn't bother me too much as he still looks damn good.
  • Its nice you can have two different looks, one with the jacket and one without. without the jacket you can add on the shoulder harness which looks good and is easy to put on. Clothing and material choice is good but I think a little more weathering would go a long way as he looks abit too clean.
1a.jpg

3.jpg

• The seam on the hair to access the movable eye system is noticeable but not too jarring. Back hair is also held by magnets so its easy to put back the hair on and off. I really like the eye system and giving the character a slight side eye look can add alot of character/personality.
5.jpg

6.jpg

• Angry face is decent, in some angles it looks great but in others not so much. The expression looks like he has a bad underbite, but as said before it looks good in some angles.
  • The brown jacket is abit of a hit and miss for me, I think the colour and fabric MT choose is a great choice, but its a little oversized is what bugs me abit. It takes alot of futzing to sit right, maybe some added wires would've helped.
  • The Display base which MT finally included in one of their releases is a welcomed edition. Name plate looks good but I have no idea why they gave us such a long pole waist grabber. A normal crotch grabber would've sufficed and be much easier to use.
8.jpg

9.jpg

Overall another great release from Master team and personally I think its the best figure so far in their Resident Evil line. Its not perfect but he surely does have some great presence and you instantly know who it is meant to be. Also forgot to mention he comes with a soft muscle body which is easy to replicate some of the cool poses from the game, just have to be careful putting him into dynamic poses long term, as it can stress the Tpe.

We dont get many Leon figures these days and I think this is the best in the market so far, a faithful representation of the character in any video game/horror collection :)

Last edited:
I'm waiting to get in hand, should be tomorrow or Wednesday.

I do plan to try some stuff out.

These are the following mods id like to do after I get him in: Swap the body, dye the shirt, fade or swap the pants, paint or dye the inaccurate pouches, swap the holster straps, and paint the boots.

Got my Leon S. Kennedy over the weekend and I must say I am more impressed than I thought I would be!

Ordered him through Kit and had no issues with shipment, was also double boxed :)

• Box art looks great, it gets you excited enough and it feels legit despite being third party, upon opening you're greeted with a bunch of accessories and preview of the figure under the plastic clam shell. Also included is a body clip reference, so you know where al the belts/straps are meant to go.
View attachment 718353
  • Body and proportions look pretty good to me, muscle tone looks spot on. I would say his torso looks a little short and his waist abit on the thinner side as well, but overall I'm pleased.
  • I must say it was abit of a pain in the ass to put on all those belts and pouches as they weren't preassembled beforehand. Worth it at the end and personally I prefer the non-jacket look more as you can see more detail and muscle tone.
  • I've heard the shirt is not accurate colour wise and looking at in-game screenshots, its meant to be a more navy colour which is more grey here for some reason. Even the promo shots had a navy coloured shirt, but luckily it doesn't bother me too much as he still looks damn good.
View attachment 718352
View attachment 718345
  • The seam on the hair to access the movable eye system is noticeable but not too jarring. Back hair is also held by magnets so its easy to put back the hair on and off. I really like the eye system and giving the character a slight side eye look can add alot of character/personality.
View attachment 718346
View attachment 718348
  • Angry face is decent, in some angles it looks great but in others not so much. The expression looks like he has a bad underbite, but as said before it looks good in some angles.
  • The Display base which MT finally included in one of their releases is a welcomed edition. Name plate looks good but I have no idea why they gave us such a long pole waist grabber. A normal crotch grabber would've sufficed and be much easier to use.
View attachment 718349
View attachment 718350
Overall another great release from Master team and personally I think its the best figure so far in their Resident Evil line. Its not perfect but he surely does have some great presence and you instantly know who it is meant to be. Also forgot to mention he comes with a soft muscle body which is easy to replicate some of the cool poses from the game, just have to be careful putting him into dynamic poses long term, as it can stress the Tpe.

We dont get many Leon figures these days and I think this is the best in the market so far, a faithful representation of the character in any video game/horror collection :)
Very thorough review. Some awesome poses. I mostly agree and am very pleasantly surprised by the figure in hand.

The box art tho awesome bugs me, it’s an odd choice to make the Logo and silhouette on the box based of the original not the remake. Makes me hope Mttoys does an OG RE4 Leon, even if they use the same remake sculpt. The OG needs some love.

one thing I noticed, is it doesn’t seem to come with a right handed knife holding hand.

The colour on the majority of the figure looks off for me but most is an easy fix or easy to look past.

The shoulder holster turned out really nice.

Would of liked more accessories, just throwing this out there but I’d love to see an accessory pack by Mttoys that includes the vest, sentinel 9, primal and fighting knife and maybe the angry sculpt painted to look like the parasite is taking over

These are the following mods id like to do after I get him in: Swap the body, dye the shirt, fade or swap the pants, paint or dye the inaccurate pouches, swap the holster straps, and paint the boots.
How are the pouches inaccurate? Wrong color?

Awesome, keep us updated with any mods.

Basic acrylic paint works really well on the pouches.

How are the pouches inaccurate? Wrong color?
yeh some of the pouches are the wrong color. His RE4R pouches are mix just thrown together. One pouch on the back, the one on the leg and one of the front imo are suppose to be black, the other two on the back are green like the Mttoys figure and the double pouch on the front is green with a black top flap (see Hunks pouch but double instead of triple)

I’d say the design and shape is pretty accurate it’s just the decided to do them all in the same green and not mix and match.

Didn’t want to let the alternate sculpt and MTToys body go to waste so threw. I was gonna add the jacket too but I think I might leave the holster since I’m really digging how this looks.

Not at all accurate to anything just me messing with what I have left over for fun.

IMG_7798.jpeg

Didn’t want to let the alternate sculpt and MTToys body go to waste so threw. I was gonna add the jacket too but I think I might leave the holster since I’m really digging how this looks.

Not at all accurate to anything just me messing with what I have left over for fun.

View attachment 718368

Looks pretty cool, I'm actually looking for a black turtle neck for another project, could you tell me which you've used?

Looks pretty cool, I'm actually looking for a black turtle neck for another project, could you tell me which you've used?
Hot toys Dark Knight Jim Gordon S.W.A.T. version. Has a turtle neck undershirt. Has white lettering around the collar but was super easy to black out.

Also Dam toys extreme zone samurai, kinda looks like it might have a high collar on the undershirt but it’s hard to tell

Back