Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m unsure if I missed it, did you swap the body on yours?
Yep. Swapped it a VTS starship troopers body with detailed arms. Going with the vest look to hide the joints with the elbow pads.

Leon’s currently shirtless right now and not on display as I have been reworking/ painting the pouches and a vest.

Prepping to dye the shirt either tomorrow or Thursday.

But yeh the neck on the seamless body is fairly thin so you will have trouble getting the sculpt to sit right on some bodies.

If you take the hair off to move the eyes you will see what I mean, but I cut off the bottom magnet with scissors to give the sculpt more room on the inside so it can sit lower.

Fair warning tho, you will lose a little “stability” if you want to pose the sculpt looking up and becomes a little more tedious when adjusting the sculpt.

Yep. Swapped it a VTS starship troopers body with detailed arms. Going with the vest look to hide the joints with the elbow pads.

Leon’s currently shirtless right now and not on display as I have been reworking/ painting the pouches and a vest.

Prepping to dye the shirt either tomorrow or Thursday.

But yeh the neck on the seamless body is fairly thin so you will have trouble getting the sculpt to sit right on some bodies.

If you take the hair off to move the eyes you will see what I mean, but I cut off the bottom magnet with scissors to give the sculpt more room on the inside so it can sit lower.

Fair warning tho, you will lose a little “stability” if you want to pose the sculpt looking up and becomes a little more tedious when adjusting the sculpt.

I see it now! That looks good, and I believe VTS and Dam use the same bodies. or similar at least.

Could you share a picture of the neck cut out when you have time? Id definitely like to do it but would def wanna full understand what You mean before I do it.

I see it now! That looks good, and I believe VTS and Dam use the same bodies. or similar at least.

Could you share a picture of the neck cut out when you have time? Id definitely like to do it but would def wanna full understand what You mean before I do it.
Pretty sure Dam is VTS…

I’ve already modded both sculpts so I can’t compare them, the images below is after.

When you take off the back of the hair you should see a ring with a magnet on the back at the bottom to help the hair stay in place, and the neck fits inside the ring.

I just grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the ring off creating more room for thicker necks.

IMG_7810.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

Before
IMG_7774.jpeg

After

IMG_7781.jpeg

These are fresh images I just taken giving a better look at the head on the body.

IMG_7815.jpeg
IMG_7816.jpeg
IMG_7817.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7818.jpeg
    IMG_7818.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Dyed the shirt and painted the pistol, might have gone too light on the pistol but I still think it’s an improvement.

Shirt is still drying, really like how it’s come out. It’s not as dark in person.

Only thing left to do is assemble the figure tomorrow once the shirt dries and get Leon all posed up

IMG_7821.jpeg

Dyed the shirt and painted the pistol, might have gone too light on the pistol but I still think it’s an improvement.

Shirt is still drying, really like how it’s come out. It’s not as dark in person.

Only thing left to do is assemble the figure tomorrow once the shirt dries and get Leon all posed up

View attachment 718843
What did you use to dye the shirt?

Shirt has lightened now it’s dry.

I used

AMK® Fabric and Clothes Hand Wash Dye 50g Sachet - Navy Blue Textile Permanent Colour​

IMG_7840.jpeg

Final pose. I think I’m done messing with the figure now… atleast until Ada 2.0 arrives.

Just about to post and noticed I missed a spot on the leg pouch after removing the foam insert… il fix that later.

IMG_7846.jpeg

Not to rain on your parade but I see no difference in the shirt color. Maybe it’s just me, idk… Plus, the sculpt sits way too high, long neck.

Not to rain on your parade but I see no difference in the shirt color. Maybe it’s just me, idk… Plus, the sculpt sits way too high, long neck.
Nah it’s all good I appreciate the feedback.

Il be honest I was a little disappointed when the shirt dried out. It’s like a shade darker and a more blue in person not that it’s really registering on my crappy phone pics. It’s an improvement if only a minor one.

They aren’t great pics, the heads a bit high, but viewed at a distance with shadows on the figure it’s not as noticeable.

How did the vest turn out?? I’m really quite proud of that but can’t tell if that’s just my bias.

Last edited:
I couldn’t unsee it after your comment xD

Forgot I had a blue dye pen, so took another shot and the shirt and absolutely butchered the body.

Got it looking much better now, so appreciate the feedback.

(Ignore the dot in the middle was just testing the pen)

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7851.jpeg

Help wanted.

Does anyone know what body the MTToys Leon uses?? Is it a standard body or unique to Leon?

Yeah I have to assume the material of the shirt doesnt hold standard dye very well, might need something special for it.

Yeah I have to assume the material of the shirt doesnt hold standard dye very well, might need something special for it.
The dye I used didn’t work very well, came back from work and it was basically back to normal.

However I used a dye one on the sleeves and that worked really well

From Amazon

“sourcing map Fabric Markers Permanent Dye Paint Textile Marker Pens Fine Tip for DIY Clothes Shoe, Dark Blue“​

Back