Rick O’Connell Premium Format Figure – The Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a bit disappointing since I would actually buy 12" figures from this movie if Hot Toys made them. Now, it will never happen.

Which caused which (or are either applicable?) ~~

Did this product and our responses to it cause SSC to become so upset with the "spoiled fans" that they expunged all their Universal Licenses?

Or perhaps Universal was appalled at the ghastliness of this item and yanked all their licenses as a result?

Or maybe neither and Universal just wants too much for their licenses now, and part of their contract clause is "if you arent selling our product with an active license, then dont show off our intellectual properties".

It does seem kind of oddly coincidental that Ole Ricky here got the axe, and then shortly thereafter Sideshow removes all things Universal from their webpage. Even Jaws and Chucky.:lecture:confused::confused:

I was just pondering this, myself. Maybe Ricky-boy wasn't shelved for being a massive pile of ____, maybe it was just due to Sideshow losing the license.

Internet speculation ftw! :panic: I doubt we'll ever find out the real story.

I was just pondering this, myself. Maybe Ricky-boy wasn't shelved for being a massive pile of ____, maybe it was just due to Sideshow losing the license.

Internet speculation ftw! :panic: I doubt we'll ever find out the real story.

Prolly not~but the conspiracy theory buff in me puts these questions out there to break the internet in half, lol.:panic::rotfl

Yeah, where did all the product pages go for the Uni stuff? I wonder if my waitlist is still active for the SSE FvW diorama.

I was wondering where Jaws and Chucky went on the site [currently scoping for a maquette and a 14" Chuck] and I did not put together that they were from Universal. I love both of them AND Universal so I should win the worst fan ever award for the night. *facepalm*

In Rick's defense, I enjoyed the first one and the ride at USO. But a figure this detailed? Really?

I doubt Sideshow will comment officially, probably a blurb in their Q&A like they did with LOTR 12" or Highlander. BTW, Dusty is no longer with Sideshow so while she'll probably still be involved Travis is still there, I doubt she'll be talking much about the innerworkings of SSC.

Back