Robocop IMAGE thread.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robocop%20DSCF1136.JPG

Robocop%20DSCF1143.JPG

Robocop%20DSCF1141.JPG

later on will post some pictures with his jet pack! :chew

and of course i am selling my gun arm version with the removable helmet (120 euro-180 dollars)
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=743862#post743862
box%200.JPG

head%203.JPG

Hopfully these guys can hook you up as I have yet to find any since the V3 hit.

Does any one here know where I can pick up any version of the hot toys robo with the exception of the flight pack version? I check ebay all the time and never seem to find one. Any suggestions?

Thanks
guys, as said I sell my robocop gun arm version :)

no jet pack

and you can let it look like robocop 1 with normal arm :)

see pictures:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=743862#post743862

No thanks dude. Don't like the helmet on the version 3 which is exactly why i don't want the flight pack one.

No thanks dude. Don't like the helmet on the version 3 which is exactly why i don't want the flight pack one.

okidoki, understandable, that is why I bought the 2 versions, to combine the best of them :)

now have to seem to get rid of the figure withouth jet pack...thought it would go easier than this though :monkey2

I broke down and ordered the flight pack version as it was only £114 from play.com

It arrived today and it is by far one of my favourite collectibles and I have loads of stuff. I don't understand why people are complaining about the helmet. It doesn't look that bad in person. I was lucky enough not to get one with the paint defect on the helmet.

If anyone is hesitating buying one then don't. Go get it now. I absolutely love this figure.

I broke down and ordered the flight pack version as it was only £114 from play.com

It arrived today and it is by far one of my favourite collectibles and I have loads of stuff. I don't understand why people are complaining about the helmet. It doesn't look that bad in person. I was lucky enough not to get one with the paint defect on the helmet.

If anyone is hesitating buying one then don't. Go get it now. I absolutely love this figure.

Very true, i got mine this week and this figure looks so much better in real life, pics don't do it any justice. The nose does not stick out of the helmet and the face without the helmet is also much better in person looks very much like weller. Thumbs up for this figure.

The face underneath isn't bad. Mine has black marks on the chin from the rubber piece that fits over it. People complaining because the guy under the helmet wasn't Weller in the 3rd film. To be honest I thought the way they did the make up for Robert J Burke was really well done to look like Peter Weller and I think they look almost identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GiuYoi1DVU

The face underneath isn't bad. Mine has black marks on the chin from the rubber piece that fits over it. People complaining because the guy under the helmet wasn't Weller in the 3rd film. To be honest I thought the way they did the make up for Robert J Burke was really well done to look like Peter Weller and I think they look almost identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GiuYoi1DVU

Mine has those black marks as well, it's only thing i don't like. Anyway don't worry the v3 doesn't have a Robert Burke face anyway, it is clearly weller. The mouth area of the v3 is the same as the v1 and v2 and i compared the v1 without the helmet (not officially possible but it is if you break it lol) with the v3 and the sculp is almost identical.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the helmet. It doesn't look that bad in person. I was lucky enough not to get one with the paint defect on the helmet.

I kinda have to disagree on that, there is an obvious difference between the head on the jet pack version and the head on the earlier versions...
I know because I have a V3 head and a V2 head, so I can compare...
there is quite a difference and it gives another view to the overall figure.

But than again, I am quite harsh when it comes to movie-accuracy :)

the helmet is the only issue I got, the rest looks just perfect! it is the most film accurate robocop there is.

It's nowhere near as bad in person. Besides the helmet shape in part 3 was different than in part 1 and 2.

I wouldn't say they messed up at all. This is an amazingly accurate representation of the character. Much more so than Sideshows 1/4 scale offering. I absolutely love everything about this figure. The pose-ability, the paint apps, the detail and the proportions are exceptional.

It's nowhere near as bad in person. Besides the helmet shape in part 3 was different than in part 1 and 2.

I found it quite clear in picture...but in real it was worse.
I tell ya, once you can really put the 2 versions side by side you really see the difference and you would not want the version of the removable helmet.

And you argument that the helmet shape is different is really wrong!
Even if it was true, the difference was not intended that the helmet sits higher!

Because: how do you explain the difference between the V2 and the V3? they are both from the same movie! yet the helmet sits higher on the V3
But the V1 and V2 have the same look, yet are from a different movie :)

and to point it even more out that the shape in part 3 was NOT intended to be differend I give you these pictures
RCHANGE.jpg

Left is a V3
and so you can tell me from wich movie the right one is, right on sight? not a V1 or a V2?
V1 = robocop 1
V2 = robocoop 3
wich one is it?...:D

tell ya, all robocop helmets of the 3 movies have the same shape.

you gotta be honest and say it is a pitty that there is a clear difference between the first two versions of the helmet and the last one.

so the ONLY problem I have with the hot toys robocop is the helmet-height on the V3. But that's it.

Last edited:
Mine doesn't look anywhere near as bad as they do in the comparison pics. The nose on mine is only just visible. You barely see the nostrils at all. It is a shame that the helmet is different to versions 1 and 2 but I can live with that. Thats coming from someone who is obsessed with movie accuracy. I even noticed parts in robo 1 where you can see his nostrils.

Mine doesn't look anywhere near as bad as they do in the comparison pics. The nose on mine is only just visible. You barely see the nostrils at all. It is a shame that the helmet is different to versions 1 and 2 but I can live with that. Thats coming from someone who is obsessed with movie accuracy. I even noticed parts in robo 1 where you can see his nostrils.

I'm with you dude, you can hardly see the nose when you see the fig in real life, especially if you pose him right. My only complaint are the black paint marks on the face.

you can push the helmet as down as mucha as you can...it still will always be to high (believe me, I've tried it)

and in no scene of any of the movies the helmet comes as high as the V3 figure head...
If you could see an piece of nose of the film it is because he is filmed from directly under it...
and I alse remember scenes where the nose was even tucked away à la batman-mask...

but from up front, the head looks like the V1 and V2 figures, no way like the V3. The V3 head is obviously and clearly not movie accurate.

To be completely honest I don't really care too much whether his helmet is accurate or not. He's on my shelf next to the Hot Toys Endo and T-800 and he looks +++++***g bad ass. Thats all that matters to me.

RCHANGE.jpg

Just so you know that's not a picture of two different versions. That's the V3 on both, with it photoshop lowered on the right. It's exactly the same head and even the same photo, just altered

RCHANGE.jpg

Just so you know that's not a picture of two different versions. That's the V3 on both, with it photoshop lowered on the right. It's exactly the same head and even the same photo, just altered
photoshoped or not, it proves that the V3 has a clearly higher helmet than the V1 and V2 :)

To be completely honest I don't really care too much whether his helmet is accurate or not. He's on my shelf next to the Hot Toys Endo and T-800 and he looks +++++***g bad ass. Thats all that matters to me.

nice ED :)
rather have the undamaged version though, but still very nice figure that one:google

you can push the helmet as down as mucha as you can...it still will always be to high (believe me, I've tried it)

and in no scene of any of the movies the helmet comes as high as the V3 figure head...
If you could see an piece of nose of the film it is because he is filmed from directly under it...
and I alse remember scenes where the nose was even tucked away à la batman-mask...

but from up front, the head looks like the V1 and V2 figures, no way like the V3. The V3 head is obviously and clearly not movie accurate.

The be completely honest the HT robocop is not at all movie accurate so you don't have a point there, it is completely out of proportion. On the other hand it really is a elegant and masterfully crafted figure.

Back