Robocop IMAGE thread.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The be completely honest the HT robocop is not at all movie accurate so you don't have a point there, it is completely out of proportion. On the other hand it really is a elegant and masterfully crafted figure.

well I wasn't complete, it is the most movie accurate figure in comparison with other toys and figures from robocop....Neca, even the Premium Sideshow one.

the best money can buy :) (quote Robocop 2 :) )

well I wasn't complete, it is the most movie accurate figure in comparison with other toys and figures from robocop....Neca, even the Premium Sideshow one.

the best money can buy :) (quote Robocop 2 :) )

Naah, the neca is more accurate. Put the HT paintjob on the neca plus the production and materials and nobody would even mention the HT again.

Naah, the neca is more accurate. Put the HT paintjob on the neca plus the production and materials and nobody would even mention the HT again.

You basically said: "give the Neca version almost everything that makes the HT version awesome and superior and nobody would even mention the HT again."

Well, that's not gonna happen, so the HT still wins. You can argue all you want but at the end of the day the HT figure is superior in almost every way. A whole other ball park.

Mind you, I have both the HT and neca figures.

You basically said: "give the Neca version almost everything that makes the HT version awesome and superior and nobody would even mention the HT again."

lol, than you can easily say also:
"give the hot toys version just that one thing that is better on the neca and nobody would even mention the neca again" :lol

it seems that the hot toys has just more postive points than the neca, no?

lol, than you can easily say also:
"give the hot toys version just that one thing that is better on the neca and nobody would even mention the neca again" :lol

it seems that the hot toys has just more postive points than the neca, no?

Not one thing, the whole sculpt of the neca is superior, the weller mouth, the bulky proportions, i love the hot toys robo but mostly because it is a very refined robocop figure not because it looks authentic because it doesn't.

I dunno, I always thought the HT weller half-face was more accurate, but again this is all preference. But at least we know what the HT Robo face looks like underneath the helmet. I will concede that the Neca Robo's bulkier frame is more accurate though.

But everything else swings HT's way. I mean honestly, opening leg holster, exchangeable hands, data spike, not to mention flight pack and gunarm on the V2/V3.

But you reminded me that I need a new Neca 18" Robocop, my old one has a broken knee.

first of all: these pictures aren't mine :)

but I really wanted to post this here, because...well the photos speak for themselves! :google

robocop%202%20809252207_6fcfb41f00_b.jpg

robocop%202%20809252231_95e720d396_b.jpg

could a neca robocop pull that of while standing next to the ED-209?

okay, I know that they are not the same scale, but still, if you would make the neca at the same scale as the hot toys and stand it next to the ED-209 doing some poses...it wouldn't be the same...I think :)

But these pictures are just so vivid and so alive :google (maybe because the pictures are well taken and so credit goes to the photographer and his camera)
It really has a very dynamic look, that it looks like they have come alive on a 6th scale when you look at those pictures :)
Fact is: cool poses, and good picture quality, and a good eye.

edit: I am actually saving to buy one of those few, but very expensive ED-209's on ebay :monkey2, the undamaged version. So it can go with my Robocop Flight Pack version :chew

first of all: these pictures aren't mine :)

but I really wanted to post this here, because...well the photos speak for themselves! :google

robocop%202%20809252207_6fcfb41f00_b.jpg

robocop%202%20809252231_95e720d396_b.jpg

could a neca robocop pull that of while standing next to the ED-209?

okay, I know that they are not the same scale, but still, if you would make the neca at the same scale as the hot toys and stand it next to the ED-209 doing some poses...it wouldn't be the same...I think :)

But these pictures are just so vivid and so alive :google (maybe because the pictures are well taken and so credit goes to the photographer and his camera)
It really has a very dynamic look, that it looks like they have come alive on a 6th scale when you look at those pictures :)
Fact is: cool poses, and good picture quality, and a good eye.

edit: I am actually saving to buy one of those few, but very expensive ED-209's on ebay :monkey2, the undamaged version. So it can go with my Robocop Flight Pack version :chew

It's the paintjob that does it on the HT, other than that the neca looks a bit more intimidating. I want an ED as well, i wish mcfarlane would release it's ED already!!! Sheesh, saves me a couple of bucks.

Although the NECA robo looks good from a distance and is a nice size, it really is lacking in the production quality and detail. I think the legs are too wide and the head is too small on the NECA. I still think Hot Toys is the King when it comes to Robocop figures.

Although the NECA robo looks good from a distance and is a nice size, it really is lacking in the production quality and detail. I think the legs are too wide and the head is too small on the NECA. I still think Hot Toys is the King when it comes to Robocop figures.

What about the short legs, short arms and skinny torso of the HT?

It's the paintjob that does it on the HT, other than that the neca looks a bit more intimidating. I want an ED as well, i wish mcfarlane would release it's ED already!!! Sheesh, saves me a couple of bucks.

mcfarelane had plans or what? or is this a wish from you personally? :)

if this really planned, what scale where they planning?

i don't think this debate will ever be won!! :lol

it's clear that there is no DEFINITE screen accurate robocop out there. Everyone seems to have their preferences of one over the other.

I for one love my Hot Toys robocop, and especially like it next to ED-209. I think if I didn't own either of them, I would have gone for Sideshow's now that i've seen more pics... unless i could find someone to put hot toy's paintjob on NECA's version.

mcfarelane had plans or what? or is this a wish from you personally? :)

if this really planned, what scale where they planning?

It is planned, they already have a prototype but they just won't release the damn thing!! I thought it was going to be in right proportion with their MM7 robocop, so about 12"?

What about the short legs, short arms and skinny torso of the HT?

They all look fine to me. Peter weller wasn't that big. He still towers over my hot toys terminators. My only complaint is that the head is a little bit too big.

It is planned, they already have a prototype but they just won't release the damn thing!! I thought it was going to be in right proportion with their MM7 robocop, so about 12"?

so the same scale as the hot toys robocop and actually the same as the hot toys ED? scale 1/6?

and do you have pictures or so of the prototype?

The be completely honest the HT robocop is not at all movie accurate so you don't have a point there, it is completely out of proportion. On the other hand it really is a elegant and masterfully crafted figure.

I do not think it's out of proportion at all. And out of all the Robo figures, statues, collectibles out there, it's the most true to film and the most accurate.

Back