Rory's Cave V2.0 (customs, mods, collection)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool update mate.
23lo1vr.gif

No it's the new bandai die cast 3PO.
It's pretty fantastic.

Oh ok. Man, it looks so good.

Don't you have a Medi one? Please PM me if you are thinking about selling it. I have been wanting one.

So I got Sideshows Episode 1: Obi-Wan....

I was not expecting HT or EB or even Medi standards. I really like SS non-human releases on the whole, but I've never been impressed by any of their humans, this looked like it could be a breakthrough for them, in some ways it is.
But I have very mixed feelings about it, some improvements for SS evident here but a LOT of negatives for me. Terrible moulding/seams/paint. Plastic looking belt, seriously some parts are of hasbro quality. There is enough in the box and in the sculpts to warrant a bit of modding though. Just really shoddy quality in places. A bit like the HT Indy was. So I thought I'd give it ago.

The **** I'm getting for giving this figure a bad review is just hilarious, I swear the apologists on this site are really something else. It's so bad that I'm starting to find the whole thing amusing..
I was just told by one of our old school freaks that I "sprinkle dirty water" on my figures to make them "magically transfixed!!!". A big old name call goes out to that green eyed, low rent, boy..Pixeltwit. Thanks mate! :lol

But really, how can anyone say this is "almost perfect"??!??! Look at that neck! :lol

ob1_zps354df41b.jpg

First up was the clothing.. and THAT neck/body...
I tinted it all darker, as I thought it was too bright. Water treated and some gentle weathering.. changed over the body to something with a sculpted neck, adapted the head plugs..
photo-69_zpsa0e96edf.jpg

A lot of dremmeling and bashing later...extended the legs as I thought he was still a little short.
This is where I am now, I am going to repaint and texturize the heads at the w.end if I get a chance. I started already with this one..
I have a new baby in the house so not a lot of free time! Not sure my wife would appreciate me going to play with my Star Wars toys with an infant screaming the house down.

1-97_zpsdfffbc1e.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new baby, bud! :hi5:

Obi looks miles better, well done as always. :duff

So I got Sideshows Episode 1: Obi-Wan....

I was not expecting HT or EB or even Medi standards. I really like SS non-human releases on the whole, but I've never been impressed by any of their humans, this looked like it could be a breakthrough for them, in some ways it is.
But I have very mixed feelings about it, some improvements for SS evident here but a LOT of negatives for me. Terrible moulding/seams/paint. Plastic looking belt, seriously some parts are of hasbro quality. There is enough in the box and in the sculpts to warrant a bit of modding though. Just really shoddy quality in places. A bit like the HT Indy was. So I thought I'd give it ago.

The **** I'm getting for giving this figure a bad review is just hilarious, I swear the apologists on this site are really something else. It's so bad that I'm starting to find the whole thing amusing..
I was just told by one of our old school freaks that I "sprinkle dirty water" on my figures to make them "magically transfixed!!!". A big old name call goes out to that green eyed, low rent, boy..Pixeltwit. Thanks mate! :lol

But really, how can anyone say this is "almost perfect"??!??! Look at that neck! :lol

Wow, you're upgrades are amazing! He looks very natural. By the way, where's this review? I wanna read. XD

Even though I have stopped collecting figures & moved over to statues it's always a pleasure to see your collection Rory & seeing what I've missed out on. Wish I had your talent when it comes to customising figures, I probably would of never stopped otherwise.

Congrats with your new baby to. I'm due to be a Dad again come the end of this year :yess:

Thanks everyone for the best wishes and kind comments, nice reminder that there are some great people on these boards.
:duff

Back