S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R2-D2, Luke X-Wing, Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Greedo, Stormtrooper, Clone Troopers, Vader minus the helmet, Yoda repainted, Bossk, Leia Bounty Hunter, Speeder Bike with Scout, Kylo Ren, Guavian Enforcer, Asty, Ahsoka, Kanan are all great figures from the BS line for $20 or less.

Out of these, the only ones I would re-buy as figuarts versions would be Luke X-Wing for a better sculpt/paint and Yoda if it was a ROTS version.

It's not that BS doesn't have some decent figures, it's that when comparing to Figuarts, they don't hold a candle. If Tamashii made all of these characters they would be better than their BS counterparts, 100% guaranteed

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

R2-D2, Luke X-Wing, Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Greedo, Stormtrooper, Clone Troopers, Vader minus the helmet, Yoda repainted, Bossk, Leia Bounty Hunter, Speeder Bike with Scout, Kylo Ren, Guavian Enforcer, Asty, Ahsoka, Kanan are all great figures from the BS line for $20 or less.

Out of these, the only ones I would re-buy as figuarts versions would be Luke X-Wing for a better sculpt/paint and Yoda if it was a ROTS version.

1. Way too small, Bandai 1/12 kit blow it out of the water for 1/4 the price
2. Cartoony feet/ hands (still on of hasbros better ones though)
3. ST is good
4. Darth maul again cartoonishly big feet, weird stance and his lightsaber is "puffy" or look inflated/cartoony
5. Fett is good, but suffers in good Articulation
6. Passable
7. ST is good
8 Cone is dece but blown out of the water by Figuarts

9 and on agree with some not others, end of the day if someone offers me a BS or a figuarts its gunna be figuarts every single time

Yes. Overall the BS kylo ren was done better compared to figuarts kylo ren; the hood is too open, torso to belt is cut off too high, belt goes up if posed low i.e. Knees bent close to 90 degrees making the torso appear small and the skirt float.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Overall the BS kylo ren was done better compared to figuarts kylo ren; the hood is too open, torso to belt is cut off too high, belt goes up if posed low i.e. Knees bent close to 90 degrees making the torso appear small and the skirt float.
Nope, BS: serviceable but rudimentary articulation, cheap plastic, terrible glossy finish that comes from cheap plastic, ok paintjob (for a $20), good soft goods though.

In defense of the hood of Kylo Ren, it's sculpted, any attempts at sculpted robes by Hasbro are horrendous, i.e: Darth Mault, Kylo's hood looks pretty slick compared to that, considering SHF has a no soft goods policy apparently, and the rest of the issues with the belt seem to have to do with your posing skills, not the figure itself.

The only aspect that the BS is better at than the SHF is the hood, which is an easy fix, in everything else, the SHF is categorically better, as it should be.

I just saw the Black Series figures for the first time last week, and I think they look great, but of course, they aren't as good as Figuarts because they cost half the price. Actually, less than half since you can get them cheaper online and you have to pay a lot to ship the Figuarts over here.

At the end of the day they're all toys. I find it funny that some people (not saying anyone here) think it's more adult to spend so much money on figures. I prefer higher detail figures with more articulation, so that's why I go the Figuart route, but there's always going to be something way better. I'm not going to kid myself and say these compare at all to Hot Toys, but those aren't in my budget. Although, I already get ripped on enough for spending over $10 on these Figuarts by my family and friends, so I can only imagine how much heat I'd get for buying those! :lol I don't even tell them how much these figuarts cost because most of them would never let me hear the end of how much I pay for "dollies".:lol

Stage 0 News of new figure in this thread.
Stage 1 Praise of figure by majority.
Stage 2 One or two persons critic the figure.
Stage 3 Critics get ridiculed by majority.
Stage 4 Someone will post that there's no need to fight.
Stage 5 Figure is released.
Stage 6 Debate continues.
Stage 7 Everything quiets down.
Stage 8 Change topic about what figures are wanted but will take a long ass time to happen.
Stage 9 SHF teases new figure.
Stage 10 Repeat Stage 0.

If I missed something..meh

I pre-oredered my obi and im very exicited with this figure cant wait to hold in my hands ^_^

Anyone know where i can preorder a figuarts luke? I really need him and heard he's re-releasing in february. Ami Ami is pre sold out. Can't find him on HLJ either :(

You likely wont be able to preorder him at this late stage, most japanese sites will sell out in hours of being put up for preorder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Anyone know where i can preorder a figuarts luke? I really need him and heard he's re-releasing in february. Ami Ami is pre sold out. Can't find him on HLJ either :(

You'll probably find that amiami and cdjapan etc will have some available when the figure is released, or shortly after. I managed to get a Kylo and some me FO Stormies from AmiAmi this way.

It just takes a lot of constant rechecking as they never last long!

Stage 0 News of new figure in this thread.
Stage 1 Praise of figure by majority.
Stage 2 One or two persons critic the figure.
Stage 3 Critics get ridiculed by majority.
Stage 4 Someone will post that there's no need to fight.
Stage 5 Figure is released.
Stage 6 Debate continues.
Stage 7 Everything quiets down.
Stage 8 Change topic about what figures are wanted but will take a long ass time to happen.
Stage 9 SHF teases new figure.
Stage 10 Repeat Stage 0.

If I missed something..meh

Ha! This made me laugh.

Back