Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure most will trickle back to Central City, but sadly, I believe some feelings were hurt unnecessarily. I hope the man who's name was sullied will realize there are a majority of people here who really care for him and miss him.

I need to see Angel's work so I can get inspired...:monkey2

I was just thinking about this line and wondering if it was going to continue. I bought most of mine on eBay. I'd like to see Sideshow start a Premium Format line for Planet of the Apes and begin with General Ursus. The ape armor would look incredible in the 1/4 scale format. In fact, Sideshow could begin the entire line again with the major characters. I primarily collect Star Wars and have nearly all of the 1/4 scale line, but I wouldn't be able to resist a new 1/4 POTA line.

Welcome General... Well we already have a General in Ironman. So I'll have to dub you "Kenobi"

It would be nice to see PF Apes, however due to the size I would not have the room for them. I'm sure there would be others that would love to buy them.

Thanks for the welcome. This is an excellent forum. The best I have seen. i was actually referred by another member that I purchased a premium format from. And "Kenobi" works fine for me. As to the PF format - I just keep thinking how incredible the ape armor would look. I'd find the space. I can't display everything I have, but I rotate the PF statues so there is always something new to look at.

Jess that looks excellent!!!

You must paint some hair on Zira's hands!

I guess I have to go back to the auto supply place and get me some paint formulated to stick to plastic. If that doesn't work, I'm going to glue some real fur there, not doll wool.

Jess.

I was just thinking about this line and wondering if it was going to continue. I bought most of mine on eBay. I'd like to see Sideshow start a Premium Format line for Planet of the Apes and begin with General Ursus. The ape armor would look incredible in the 1/4 scale format. In fact, Sideshow could begin the entire line again with the major characters. I primarily collect Star Wars and have nearly all of the 1/4 scale line, but I wouldn't be able to resist a new 1/4 POTA line.

Welcome General Kenobi.

Jess.

Kenobi...

You have joined us at a strange time... To put it in your terms, "There was a great disturbance in the force".

You are encouraged to enjoy this thread and are most welcome. Enjoy the people you meet here. They are really the best!

Thanks, Jess. Your work is fantastic!

Kenobi, thank you for your compliments. I usually do just Mego scale but I have some Sideshow apes that I will be customizing soon. I never really bothered to customize the Sideshows because they're dead ringers for the characters (except for some minor things like Ursus' helmet)...But the Megos are what I started with and I keep trying to tweak them better than what they are and that's quite a challenge.

I work until 10:00 at night, Eastern Standard Time. I just need to unwind before turning in.

Tomorrow looks to be a killer though... I'm in at 1:00 pm and out at 1:00 am. Twelve hour day. Uncle Sam will love it. He gets 1/3 of my pay ckeck.

I work until 10:00 at night, Eastern Standard Time. I just need to unwind before turning in.

Tomorrow looks to be a killer though... I'm in at 1:00 pm and out at 1:00 am. Twelve hour day. Uncle Sam will love it. He gets 1/3 of my pay ckeck.

You haven't replaced the inner sleeve material yet. Can't wait to see that. :monkey5

I must first complete the Nova costume for Angel. Last weekend was wasted doing my taxes and running errands and cleaning the house.

It will get done... I just don't know when. Time, for me, is scarce.

I must first complete the Nova costume for Angel. Last weekend was wasted doing my taxes and running errands and cleaning the house.

It will get done... I just don't know when. Time, for me, is scarce.

Good luck tomorrow. Still waiting for the dust to settle. Hoping that the ape brethren know that it's safe to venture back to Central City. :monkey2

Jess.

Any chance of seeing those glyphs mounted on a Sideshow Zaius any time soon?

And I eagerly await any photo updates of the Zaius in Armageddon Garb. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

The Beneath glyphs are attached. The long glyph that sits in front is going to be reduced in size. I'm not 100% on the back and shoulder glyphs. It doesn't look right. The glyph that sits next to the back and shoulder glyphs are for the boot.

As soon as Matt S. gets this cast and mailed to me I'll post some pix. It might take a little bit of adjusting to get the SS Zaius Riding costume to look like it does in Beneath but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a lil' glue.

ANG - The wagon molds are looking great! I feel bad for the crew that have to sit on the sidelines or can't afford this one. This thing is going to be the corner stone of my collection.

JESS - Zira turned out great! You are a MEGO Master and have raised the bar yet again.

Check out those incredible glyphs! You did a very good job on those snickertown. What a talent you have also! :bow

The Beneath glyphs are attached. The long glyph that sits in front is going to be reduced in size. I'm not 100% on the back and shoulder glyphs. It doesn't look right. The glyph that sits next to the back and shoulder glyphs are for the boot.

As soon as Matt S. gets this cast and mailed to me I'll post some pix. It might take a little bit of adjusting to get the SS Zaius Riding costume to look like it does in Beneath but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a lil' glue.

ANG - The wagon molds are looking great! I feel bad for the crew that have to sit on the sidelines or can't afford this one. This thing is going to be the corner stone of my collection.

JESS - Zira turned out great! You are a MEGO Master and have raised the bar yet again.

Snick, these glyphs are bloody awesome. I have nothing to say to critique them. I've never seen an actual photograph of them, so I can't really compare them to anything, but I can just imagine how they will look once on Dr. Zaius. If you can post photos that you used as references, then maybe I can tell what's off or not. At first glance, the back glyphs do not mirror each other, but perhaps they are not supposed to. They are absolutely so YUMMY! I can't wait for the photographs :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Did you get the other glyphs cast yet, and can we see a picture of those on Dr. Zaius soon?:monkey1

Jess.

Last edited:
Snick, these glyphs are bloody awesome. I have nothing to say to critique them. I've never seen an actual photograph of them, so I can't really compare them to anything, but I can just imagine how they will look once on Dr. Zaius. If you can post photos that you used as references, then maybe I can tell what's off or not. At first glance, the back glyphs do not mirror each other, but perhaps they are not supposed to. They are absolutely so YUMMY! I can't wait for the photographs :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Did you get the other glyphs cast yet, and can we see a picture of those on Dr. Zaius soon?:monkey1

Jess.

Thx Jess and Shomp! As soon as Matt S. casts these I'll get their outfits fixed up and pix posted. The last step is to swap out the Zaius head with one I had sculpted.

Back