Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Lawgiver Statue and its amazing! I love it, its a very dignified piece that really captures the essence of the film well. Can't believe the deal I got. :rock

Yeah, the Lawgiver is awesome... it really brings something special out of the POTA figures when displayed together. :D

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
stickman said:
Mego heads enlarged? Hmm. I don't know. If the Mego heads were enlarged there wouldn't be any detail to the sculpt. Mat Falls has spoiled us. :monkey5

I wouldn't be so sure about losing detail. Besides, most of the Sideshow sculpts get their detail washed out with poor paint apps anyway. I'm just saying it might be worth a shot.

Hey All
There is a FZ Taylor and Mutant Jailer on Ebay if any one is needing them for thir collection.

Thanks for the heads up DZ. I saw the figure a couple of days ago, did it sell? How much?

Is there anyone else here that feels this board is getting out of control? Half the threads being made now are by the same people who seem to just yap about anything. I thought that was what the Sandbox was for. Its becoming really ridiculous. I don't even enjoy checking in any more.:monkey2

I am just glad that we can still come here and talk POTA. And, with no offense to the Kurgan faction, we do a nice job keeping the thread alive without posts that consist of nothing but
"BUMP"
Long live POTA!!!! :monkey5

stickman said:
Thanks for the heads up DZ. I saw the figure a couple of days ago, did it sell? How much?

Is there anyone else here that feels this board is getting out of control? Half the threads being made now are by the same people who seem to just yap about anything. I thought that was what the Sandbox was for. Its becoming really ridiculous. I don't even enjoy checking in any more.:monkey2

I can't remeber the actual price but the FZ Taylor went for around $150.00 or close to it give or take. The Mutant is still up for grabs. I am watching him just case he usually brings a high dollar figure. I am curious as to what he goes for this time. The last one I watched went for $180.00.

Another thing to watch for is the location of the seller. It seems a lot of these auctions for exclusives is coming from Hong Kong. Even when things sell cheaper from abroad, it's not until you pay for shipping that you realize that you really didn't save that much. Keep us posted DZ.

IM, you're right about us not bumping, there's always something POTA related in our posts.

I am so tempted to try one of those hair redo's. Maybe once all the school projects for the kids slow to a halt. I still want to start that damn Alpha Omega bomb for the Forbidden Zone. And now I have to sculpt a beard on one of my Taylors......
Then I have to buy the Ape-o-nauts that Sideshow will uunveil at SDCC. :monkey3

Then I have to buy the Ape-o-nauts that Sideshow will uunveil at SDCC. :monkey3[/QUOTE]

When you buy the Ape-o-nauts, don't forget to hold back some $$$ for the Virdon and Burke. Astronaut and Slave attire of course!!! :monkey3 :monkey3

dr2red said:
I have one question.
Do we know this customizer?
https://www.geeb-o-rama.com/PlanetoftheApes.html
He does some interesting work.
Sorry, I don't. I think IronMan and some other freaks posted this link a while back. Ursus looks Awesome. I would love to have mine look like that. I wonder if he knows about this thread, and if he'd consider a few side jobs. I'd buy one. :D

Wow, Thanks Sideshow for checking in on this thread and revealing the Planet of the Apes "Television" series line.

I can't wait for the Virdon, Burke, Galen, and Urko figures! :rolleyes:

P.S. Don't forget the Ape-O-Nauts and Conquest Gorillas!

stickman said:
Sorry, I don't. I think IronMan and some other freaks posted this link a while back. Ursus looks Awesome. I would love to have mine look like that. I wonder if he knows about this thread, and if he'd consider a few side jobs. I'd buy one. :D

Wow, Thanks Sideshow for checking in on this thread and revealing the Planet of the Apes "Television" series line.

I can't wait for the Virdon, Burke, Galen, and Urko figures! :rolleyes:

P.S. Don't forget the Ape-O-Nauts and Conquest Gorillas!

Makes your mouth water doesn't Stickman??? I wish thye would consider a new Ape figure. I think the Apes are starting to pick up a new market if you look at the Sideshow site: Most of them are gone. SO what if it has taken a few years. SS has to realize the volume they put out and the wide range of collectors they reach. If I were still a Star Wars collector, I would have a hard time money wise keeping up with both them and the Apes. Heck, the Apes almost sent me to the poor house at the speed they released them.

The Gorilla has sold out at Sideshow. I've been hoping that Amoktime would have their free shipping deal. They haven't had it since the New Year. It looks like they're out of Zira which makes me sad. I really need another, and don't want to go through SS to get her. When Amoktime has their free shipping deal I'm getting two Cornelius' and two Caesars right away. I almost want another Ursus but can't decide if I want DR. Z more. I figure with their free shipping, and the amount of Apes I get, it's like getting a free ape instead of paying for shipping! :chew

Hey Ape Freaks. The sideshow Gorilla exclusive is selling on ebay for over $107 and $25 s/h with only three hours left! :cool:

P.S.
Just realized that Amoktime has bumped the price up for the gorilla soldier from $19.99 to $24.99

*Better get him while you can* I plan on odering four more this weekend.
I think I have about 25 gorillas now. Hehe

Last edited:
If those gorillas are used for more of Stickman's AMAZING photos... I say LET THE MAN HAVE MORE APES!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Back