Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booyah! said:
I'm sure I'll get slammed for this, but I really thought the Ape designs for the Mark Walberg update were quite cool. Figs from that movie would be interesting.

Not by me! I thought the art direction of the 2001 POTA re-imagining was stunning. The Ape city set was a tad clastrophobic, but the costume and makeup design was top notch. And to think that Rick Baker didn't even get nominated for an Oscar that year because he had already won one the year before with his Grinch makeup.

I would LOVE a Sideshow Thade!!! Those Jun Planning figures are HORRIBLE!!!

I was wondering the other day... why didn't Medicom branch off to make 12" POTA figures? They had a wildly successful run of 6" vinyl figures from the original film series as well as the Kubricks from both that series and the Burton remake?

jedibear said:
I gotta break down and get some more of these great figures!

Yes... yes you do. May I suggest, if you don't already have them, the Exclusive Forbidden Zone Dr. Zaius or the Lawgiver statue? What can I say... I love the orangutans. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Thank you for posting those pix, Jedibear!!! Keep 'em coming! :D

Last edited:
Hey Stickman, do you have any detailed pics on how to remove Ursus' helment to make a new leather end like you did on yours? I have heard too many horror stories about people ripping his head because the vinal he is made out of is real thin.

stickman said:
Thanks guys. Here are some more:
Apes_Stopmotion2B.jpg

The General
Apes_Stopmotion2.jpg

The Marauder v.2
Apes_Stopmotion_Taylor_digging_Stil.jpg

Taylor's hunt interupted!
Apes_Stopmotion_Taylor_hunt_Still.jpg

Rumble in the Jungle:chew

Booyah! said:
I'm sure I'll get slammed for this, but I really thought the Ape designs for the Mark Walberg update were quite cool. Figs from that movie would be interesting.

No, they did look cool. But I hated that movie, so figures from it would be out of the question. Everytime I'd look at them I'd be reminded of what a wasted opportunity :lol

Once you start monkeying around.... :monkey2

380327272_bcf709da29.jpg

...you just can't stop! I love these guys!

On the Burton thing...yeah, Baker's make-up was pretty amazing but the movie was kinda weak. Some figures from it could be cool (Attar & Thade come to mind for me), but...highly unlikely (notice I didn't say never...since Jabba, I've learned not to say that with Sideshow..and that's a good thing)...

Back to the apes...if Sideshow were to do more with this line, I'd rather see some more classic apes like Lucius, the ape-o-nauts or some red-coveralled gorillas from "Conquest..."

Till then, I'm gonna keep monkey'n with the ones I've got...:monkey5

Thanks a lot Jedibear! I really like your shots too. The reddish tint looks really cool. I to am more interested with the origanal Apes!

Dr_Zaius said:
Hey Stickman, do you have any detailed pics on how to remove Ursus' helment to make a new leather end like you did on yours? I have heard too many horror stories about people ripping his head because the vinal he is made out of is real thin.

It's all true Dr. Z.
This is my first Ursus. Truth is, both Ursus' heads tore when I removed them or tried putting their heads back on. I had to pour hot glue into the heads and filed them up before reattaching them back to their bodies. It worked better than I thought. I can never removed their heads again, but at least they can still move. As for his helmet, I have never removed it. On the repainted Ursus I added tape. Hehe.. that's it, it's Gaff tape. I have it double layed so it's not sticky on the inside. I'm sure it could be better but I only spent five minutes on him.

GeneralUrsusStill-1.jpg

General up close

GeneralUrsusIIStill-3.jpg

HumanseatingApesStill.jpg

HumanseatingApesIIStill.jpg

GorillaSoldierwTaylorandBrentStill.jpg

GorillaSoldierwTaylorandBrentIIStil.jpg

galactiboy said:
No, they did look cool. But I hated that movie, so figures from it would be out of the question. Everytime I'd look at them I'd be reminded of what a wasted opportunity :lol

Oh geez... did I forgot to mention... oh it looks like I did... I HATED the story. Stunningly beautiful art direction... equally stunningly awful script. Burton wouldn't know a great script even if it bit him in the nether regions. :rolleyes:

But for the same reasons that I would would want a Monkey King, Apetoven or Caesar Che figure, I would want a POTA remake figure. A Sideshow Thade figure would be too glorious in Ape goodness to ignore. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I have a chance at a Lawgiver Statue for $50 shipped....I really tempted to take it and have it behind my newly growing POTA Collection...

Damn dude! Take it... if you don't let me know and I will :lol Thats a steal!

Protozaius said:
But for the same reasons that I would would want a Monkey King, Apetoven or Caesar Che figure, I would want a POTA remake figure. A Sideshow Thade figure would be too glorious in Ape goodness to ignore. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

That is a compelling point... the character designs, and my love of all things simian, could dissuade my hatred for that movie. I think the worst part of the whole thing is that I had been very amped up for that movie beginning when they were discussing who would make it. I mean 1) POTA remake + 2) Tim Burton seemed like instant gold... but instead was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen! It was just too much to bear :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Jedi_Mike said:
I have a chance at a Lawgiver Statue for $50 shipped....I really tempted to take it and have it behind my newly growing POTA Collection...

Do it... seriously. You will not regret it. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Just dropping in to show my support!

Ape-O-Nauts
Ape-O-Nauts
Ape-O-Nauts

~The King of Darkness~

DZ, I just kept a good grip on the head part, and firmly took the helmet off with a twist & pull motion. No damage to either part and I replaced it with a Hasbro version.

shaun-o said:
Do you think we'll get any new POTA figs at ToyFair this year?
Ape-O-Nauts!:monkey2

As much as we should, I fear not. I haven't even seen a Sideshow party in thes thread for a while. And [no offense] were very civil compared to our Kurgan Komrades.

Ironman1188 said:
I haven't even seen a Sideshow party in this thread for a while.

Yeah, we lost the Sideshow crew awhile back. It would be interesting to scroll back and find exactly which page we finally lost them. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Dusty... Chicky... Chris... anybody...helloooooo? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Yeah, we lost the Sideshow crew awhile back. It would be interesting to scroll back and find exactly which page we finally lost them. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Dusty... Chicky... Chris... anybody...helloooooo? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Sideshow Here? Hmm.. That was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I think the last person from Sideshow to check into this Thread was Dusty on page 17 post #162. She talks about the packaging. I miss Dusty! :monkey2

Dr.Z has a very cool snapshot of a Sideshow exclusive "Conquest Aldo" on page 45, post #443. - This can still happen Sideshow! Please!!:monkey4

Ape-O-Nauts! Ape-O-Nauts!

Gave in, bought the Lawgiver Statue. Since I had a credit of $20 in PayPal from a sale a while ago it actually ended up only costing me $30....:rock

Ironman1188 said:
As much as we should, I fear not. I haven't even seen a Sideshow party in thes thread for a while. And [no offense] were very civil compared to our Kurgan Komrades.

None taken :monkey3

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on any POTA figures... but you never know, Sideshow is a fickle lady!

Has any one noticed that the Slave Taylor and Nova figures are listed as back order in the US and EU? They are also on Second Chance Grabs and have been for a long while now. Is it possible that they may be the next to join the Sold Out list? Any thoughts?

I think Amoketime is running a special on the Taylor/Nova two pack. Three for $80, or something like that. If I didn't already have 5 sets of theses I'd be down, to scoop them up for that price. :monkey5

Back