Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My costume is ALMOST done! I only have to Apoxie a ballpoint pen, and add the chest pocket behind the hieroglyph.

I will see how light I can travel on Wondercon. The only heavy items I will be carrying will probably be my liquid nutrition...but as the day progresses I will be drinking those and my load should get lighter towards the evening. I'll start packing everything in my handbag and see how it goes.

Does this handbag look Zira-like?
Cornelius003.jpg

It's not anything you have not seen before...but it's a great idea to plop a thread with only your work, Angel. That way if I get tired of the lack of support from my end, I can check it out and get re-inspired to see items I've worked on before.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50143

Hi Jess! I like all of Your customs. I did not remember the Plumb color outfits for the SS Gorilla and Mego Burke figures though.:confused::monkey1

My costume is ALMOST done! I only have to Apoxie a ballpoint pen, and add the chest pocket behind the hieroglyph.

I will see how light I can travel on Wondercon. The only heavy items I will be carrying will probably be my liquid nutrition...but as the day progresses I will be drinking those and my load should get lighter towards the evening. I'll start packing everything in my handbag and see how it goes.

Does this handbag look Zira-like?
Cornelius003.jpg

That looks Zira-Like to me! Have fun at the show Jess.:cool:

I received Jessica's beautiful modern day (for 1973) Zira outfit and it's just perfect. So expertly done and looks fantastic on Zira. Thanks Jessica!

quick pic - I haven't painted the boots brown yet.

zira.jpg

Egads, Milo! Those green boots are screaming to be colored brown. No wonder Angel kept telling me to color them brown. With the 1970s out about town outfit...yikes!!

I'm glad you got the outfit, but most of all I'm glad to know you love it. That makes me so happy to hear that.

Egads, Milo! Those green boots are screaming to be colored brown. No wonder Angel kept telling me to color them brown. With the 1970s out about town outfit...yikes!!

I'm glad you got the outfit, but most of all I'm glad to know you love it. That makes me so happy to hear that.

Yes, the boots do need painting. It's amazing that they are so big too when the Zira feet and legs are tiny in comparison. My Zira really has floppy legs and feet and I want to get her some tights. I do love the outfit. It's perfect.

My Zira was prone to swooning, too...but I stuck some fray stop in her joints and that helped to tighten her up.

Happiness is... Zira in her 70's outfit! :banana:banana:banana

For Wondercon 2011, that's what I'm going to be. I have done it in 1:6 scale and 1:1 scale is much easier. The only hard part would be that I have no figure to trace. I have to lay the fabric onto the floor and lay down on top of that so I could eyeball where to cut. That's what I had to do to make my 1:1 Zira outfit.

Remember when I said that my Zira was a work in progress? Well she is!! What have I done??? What have I done???

zira038.jpg

I was trying to paint her up, but I was not happy with her hair...it just was hard to get into the mode when her hair was not working for me...so....

I decided to give her a haircut and restyle it, so it was more movie-accurate.
zira041.jpg

What do you guys think? Doesn't she look more like Zira? Don't you think she would look spectacular when I get her a new paint job?
zira043.jpg

zira044.jpg

So I bought some liquid nutrition to avoid having to touch up my teeth with black tooth enamel for Wondercon...trying it out today. I got some SlimFast only because it says it controls hunger for 4 hours. Controls hunger my ass! I've been starving since I drank it. Probably a mental thing...I've been thinking about food all day long. I'm such a nibbler. I really feel sorry for people who have to lose weight. Dieting sucks!!

So I bought some liquid nutrition to avoid having to touch up my teeth with black tooth enamel for Wondercon...trying it out today. I got some SlimFast only because it says it controls hunger for 4 hours. Controls hunger my ass! I've been starving since I drank it. Probably a mental thing...I've been thinking about food all day long. I'm such a nibbler. I really feel sorry for people who have to lose weight. Dieting sucks!!

Hey Jess, You need some thick smoothies to tide You over. I am sure that You can find a smoothie place near by or check Your local nutrician place (GNC, High Health, ect.).:banana

I will check, Kfog!! I need to be able to carry around the stuff. Jamba juices never tide me over...I don't really want to be out in "public" as Zira--it's different inside a con I think...but then again I have never been to one...

Last edited:
Back