Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will check, Kfog!! I need to be able to carry around the stuff. Jamba juices never tied me over...I don't really want to be out in "public" as Zira--it's different inside a con I think...but then again I have never been to one...

O'kay! Take it from a former Marine. Trail Mix with MnM's, Chex Mix, and other things that You can pop in Your mouth. Energy drinks are good, but make sure that You have plenty of water. I like filling up a water bottle half way and then freezing it the night before and then filling it up the rest of the way before leaving home. That way You have cool drinks throughout the day.:cool:

Sorry for my stupid sucky camera. Bloody thing is taking worse and worse photos...grrr...
Comparison shot before and after...
zira044.jpg
zira046.jpg

zira049.jpg

zira048.jpg
zira050.jpg

She's not done yet, but I was excited and wanted to share. I'm just so happy at how she is painting up. I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight. I've got so much adrenaline going through my system.

Last edited:
What are you guys working on? I'm going to try to get back into mold making. Maybe I'll do one or two later...but thinking about mixing the chemicals is making me feel lazy. It's easier to paint...

And I also need to finish adding the pocket to my outfit, but I don't remember how so I have to research it on the internet.

A few more layers of paint and photographed in natural light. I still think I will add one more layer, though...bring back a little of the grey that is no longer as pronounced. At least top and bottom muzzle now match in color and overall the paint application is still smooth.
zira057.jpg

zira058.jpg

What are you guys working on? I'm going to try to get back into mold making. Maybe I'll do one or two later...but thinking about mixing the chemicals is making me feel lazy. It's easier to paint...

And I also need to finish adding the pocket to my outfit, but I don't remember how so I have to research it on the internet.

Actually started mixing some paints to see what happens when i try it out. I don't like the flesh tones I've been getting so thats a bummer. I've been lining up my headless or unclothed figures to see what I have in the works that way, but they all still need either the heads or the outfits returned to me so I can move on them I am hopefully getting a lead on some new heads which will be great once I get the skin colors straightened out I can, with any luck, get the base color down like an assembly line.

Wow, Ironman. When you're done...you will be such an expert! Maybe that's what I will do when I paint my apes...get an assembly line going. All gorillas painted up at once. At the moment though I just plop colors of paint next to each other and mix as I go. That's how I've always done it.

Wow, Ironman. When you're done...you will be such an expert! Maybe that's what I will do when I paint my apes...get an assembly line going. All gorillas painted up at once. At the moment though I just plop colors of paint next to each other and mix as I go. That's how I've always done it.

I can only hope that expert is the level i can reach. Right now i can't even find the skin tone that I'll accept. :banghead

Did anyone here about that loose Chimpanzee that mauled a woman the other day. They said that it was 170 pounds and is 10 times the strength of a normal man. Is this true? Just to think that Roddy McDowell probably weighed less than that 170 pound Chimp.:horror

Kfog, yes, sadly I heard about it. The woman is fighting for her life. You can't really say that a chimp is 10 times more than the strength of a normal man, but a chimp of that size could easily lift 600 pounds without breaking a sweat. They're really dangerous. I did not read the whole article...it's too sad, both for the chimp and the lady.

Did anyone here about that loose Chimpanzee that mauled a woman the other day. They said that it was 170 pounds and is 10 times the strength of a normal man. Is this true? Just to think that Roddy McDowell probably weighed less than that 170 pound Chimp.:horror

I need to add Apoxie to her sideburns because it's too smooth compared to her hair that I added...and then paint that up. When I'm done she will really look like the Zira I have always wanted. Not that Sideshow Zira was bad at all, no. But this is THE way that I want my Zira to look.

So...if those Hot Toys apes look very horribly bad with their hair, I'm going to shave it off and sculpt it. :angelsmil I will probably leave Ursus's hair on him because the helmet will hide it. Not really sure until I have them in my damned dirty paws.

In case anyone is looking for a "forbidden Taylor MIB" < i just saw one in a ebay auction that is only going for $50 with less than 2 hours before ending. I would jump on it if you want one. I have not seen one this cheap in a while

Zira has new brown boots and enjoys a glass of grape juice plus. She is either tipsy and is leaning on the wall for support...or I am a lousy photographer.

apesddrink.jpg

My Cornelius suit is actually a generic Mattel Ken suit that I've had for years. I cut the sewn-on shirt part off and added a better DiD shirt and tie. I was thinking black for the shoes too, but they are my only pair and I need them for his regular ape suit should I change him back.

Angel I love those photos of them shopping!

Milo, you need a darker brown on Zira's boots...but C&Z look great. I found a pajama top that has the same pattern that your C is now wearing.

I just finished my Sideshow Zira!! Yay. I'll try to post photos later...I'm being booted off the computer. She is beautiful to me.

Last edited:
I also finished my green jacket. I had to hem it up by a lot. It really was too low according to the photo references I had. Yay!! I just need to add two final snaps to the front of it.

Today I created the half-moon, and glued down the hieroglyphs from GoApeBilly...painted that dark brown with pax paint...I also put in a working pocket and made a small pencil. So I guess that's it as far as my costume. I'm done.

I'm still being very lazy to mix the mold making stuff, but I have to do it.

Back