Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm confused. I talked to Brian (I don't know him) in Ursus get up about the Rachel Ray show, & he was telling me about the tour they did... But everyone is saying its his first time under make up in years... He went, but not in makeup?

Believe me, I thought about asking him for a job, that would be awesome.

I don't know Jeff B....

Bri couldn't be under makeup for their European tour because somebody had to put makeup on the apes. He hasn't been in makeup for six years he said.

According to IMDB he last made a movie in 2003 called "The Wannabes". No further data.

It would be cool if someone would make a made for TV movie with Ron Harper, James Naughton, and have David Watson play Galen, and re-visit the Planet of the Apes TV series. Maybe get Alan and Pete off the Planet. They would be the only humans that have ever landed on the Planet of the Apes that have been able to escape from it if they made a TV movie around it.

I ended up painting the appliance beyond midnight. Started late on it, but it was a lot of fun. I didn't really know how to paint it up. I had two types of rubber grease makeup makeup (Kryolan and Mehron). The Kryolan was easier to apply than the Mehron, which seemed super dry. I wonder if I warmed it up a little...?

Anyway, I tried a q-tip first, but I didn't like the results...then I used a fine paintbrush to get into the lines...and then I used my fingertips. I also had to resculpt the top set of teeth because what I got from Apemania was too long.

Here's before and after:
zira006-1.jpg

zira034.jpg

looking good Jess! How is the wig and costume coming along?

I wish I were there! It would be cool to party with people in Ape makeup. I wonder if any one dressed as humans??:lol

That's what I would have thought too, Dr. Z! But I guess it was an "ape-theme" party, so revelers were just humans. Apemania were the honored guests (they were hired to be in costume)...

My outfit is coming along. I found my missing fake leather collar for the outfit so I sewed that down today. I also added snaps to it. I now have to adjust the hem on the front.

I also gave Zira dental surgery with my Dremel. I used a paper towel to protect her face to form a dental "dam", but some of the paper towel stuck to the grease paint, and when I removed it, some of the paint came off her upper muzzle. I painted the bare patches over with some Pax paint, so she is again good to go. I guess her mouth wasn't closing properly because the teeth I made were too wide so I had to narrow them down to make sure I could at least close her mouth almost all the way.

I put on the entire outfit today. I looked super thin! As thin as I thought Carsia looked.

Yesterday I put on the wig and hair pieces...and I finished adding the hair to the sideburns so it doesn't look as "frizzled" as a beard does. It has been helping me to watch Roddy's home movies so that I could memorize how to put on the makeup. :joy

My aunt is visiting and I forgot to put away my Zira with the wig on it. She was staring at it for a long time. I'm sure she is excited to waggle her tongue about me to the relatives. I'm sure I scared the ape ^^^^ out of her. Whatever.

Last edited:
So for my outfit the only thing I need to do is sew the hem of the boots, paint up the hieroglyph from GoApeBilly and glue that, add deep pockets to the brown underdress so I don't have to carry a purse, add a pocket for behind the hieroglyph so I could have a pad of paper and pencil in there...

I am just waiting for the translucent matte powder I just ordered from Evilbay.

And, I also finished painting that Khan head today. Yay! So I can send that out with the Superman head I just painted last week.

Angel- I remeber when you posted the Alpha Omega bomb on ebay... It was before I was a member of this group. I thought it was the greatest thing ever & I saved every picture you posted... Of course I was too broke to bid...

What? Angel? You SOLD that? I didn't know that. So...did it hurt to send it off its merry way?

I wish I were there! It would be cool to party with people in Ape makeup. I wonder if any one dressed as humans??:lol

I thought about going in my peacoat, beanie & googles (as a battle mutant), but I am glad I didn't, no one but ape mania was dressed in theme... There were some apes t-shirts though...

It would be cool if someone would make a made for TV movie with Ron Harper, James Naughton, and have David Watson play Galen, and re-visit the Planet of the Apes TV series. Maybe get Alan and Pete off the Planet. They would be the only humans that have ever landed on the Planet of the Apes that have been able to escape from it if they made a TV movie around it.

Have you seen Ron Harper lately? They'd need a bigger ship. LOL
I did learn a lesson from googling the stars names from fave shows/films of years past instead of their characters, it's very disheartening to see some now. Harper, Gil Gerard, Sam J. Jones, Jared Martin.....
More seriously, it would be great to get some kind of closure to at least one of the apes stories. I've said it before, I would like to see a top CGI company make a sequel. Harper, Naughton and Watson could do the voices. It could be done very well in today's realm of computer graphics, and it would be cheaper than actually filming actors and sets.

It really would be great to see a mini-series of a few episodes. Heck, it could go straight to DVD and avoid TV altogether. Of course, they would have to stay true to the TV series and the actual movies otherwise is wouldn't be worth a damn.

Last edited:
Angel- I remeber when you posted the Alpha Omega bomb on ebay... It was before I was a member of this group. I thought it was the greatest thing ever & I saved every picture you posted... Of course I was too broke to bid...

Hasselin - I'm surprised you remember that. I wasn't on this board at that time either. I'm soooo glad no one won my Alpha Omega bomb that was on eBay. I don't see myself ever making another one. I just don't seem to have the time and energy that I once did.

I was hoping to sell it for $250 back then and it was being sold with three different Conquest apes. If I remember right, the highest bid received was only $125.00. To me, that was very sad.

Angel--I thought maybe you had made two of them. That bomb is definitely a thing of beauty. Glad it and the three Conquest apes didn't leave your house.

It really would be great to see a mini-series of a few episodes. Heck, it could go straight to DVD and avoid TV altogether. Of course, they would have to stay true to the TV series and the actual movies.

I doubt any network would invest in Harper and Naughton to carry a mini-series in the ratings in today's market. And, if they did include them, they would certainly bastardize it where one, if not both, now had kids on the planet tp "turn the series over to". That would suck and demean the whole point of the show. I do agree that a direct to DVD version could do well and stand by my idea of going CGI to make it work. Or, Stickman could do a whole 1:6 stop motion version. :rolleyes:

I doubt any network would invest in Harper and Naughton to carry a mini-series in the ratings in today's market.

!997, when Roddy was still alive, I had a Fox development execs ear for about a minute, pitching a Virdon/Burke script that merged the film/ television series/comic book storylines entitled "Exodus from the POTA." Two or three days after it was in his hands, a non related deal was made with Cameron's Lightstorm to produce a new film, so it was sol. Many elements were "lifted" by the Burton film, including a ship landing amongst the final battle in the forbidden zone, supposedly bringing the second coming of the Messiah (Taylor/Pericles.) Anachronistic, but too complicated to explain here.

I made them send it back to me, but I'm sure they made copies. It really needs a rewrite. Remember, at the time, Rodney King & OJ were big politically/racially charged stories, and there are elements of both in it that are so dated now.

Angel, I started my own customs page! I'll be slowly adding to it. I didn't realize I had cranked out a lot of stuff.

Today I purchased my ticket for Wondercon. I'll be there February 28 (Saturday) if anybody is inclined to come. I thought that it was March 1 for the masquerade of costumes, but it's actually on Saturday night at 8:30 PM.

I'm planning to get up early that day...like six...and start the makeup process. I need to be at my girlfriend's house by noon to pick her up...and then we're going to San Francisco together. I've sewn deep pockets on my brown underdress for cash and my plastic nemesis and my cell phone and car keys. But I guess I still have to take a purse (I hate that!) to bring some liquid nutrition, and the small bottles of glue, and other makeup for touchups. I need to register by 2PM (because I missed the Feb. 14 deadline)! Didn't know there was such a thing. I thought you just showed up in costume!! And then I will be hanging out. I'm not supposed to be "seen" in makeup until the show but whatever! I'm there glued up. I may as well enjoy it.

And...no support whatsover from family at my end. They are dismayed at the level of effort into my obsession. At least they know it keeps me out of trouble. They should be happy at least they know where I am physically even if I am not there mentally!!

Back