Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen this movie for the first time this week and I really liked it. It's got a great message about humanity.

The first one is the best. I'll let you decide how you like the other ones. Just watch them as individual films and try not to see them as "continuations" or you will go bonkers. Happy watching.

More Carsia shots, with my very sucky camera. I need a better one that takes better macros!!

Carsia043.jpg

Carsia054.jpg

Re: He's a Gorilla!

I've never been able to get into the gorilla characters. I don't even have the Sideshow versions. As a kid I used to be afraid to watch the gorillas when they came on screen. Back in the 70s radio news shows would talk about the Vietnam war and used the term "gorilla soldiers." I thought they meant actual gorillas. When I first saw Planet of the Apes on TV I was scared to death and couldn't watch the talking gorillas. Cornelius and Zira, of course, were kind and friendly so I felt safe watching them. I used to have the Hasbro Ursus, but sold it on Ebay.

Interesting to hear another point of view concerning the Ape saga. I can see how the "ape"earance of gorillas, given their constant violent context would be unsettling for some children. Thanks for sharing.

But I do agree. Even though they seem to be the most popular of the ape species among collectors, the gorillas have been my least favorite of the apes... even before Zira started her "gorilla bashing" rants. Personally, I found Julius to be the most disturbing gorilla when I was growing up. The sight of his hairy arms grasping the water hose yelling "Shut up you freak!" still gives he the shivers.

That's not to say that if Hot Toys made a Julius that I would pass on him. Quite the contrary :D

I'm just curious if we going to see any other ape species represented in this new, albeit expensive 12" line. Like I said, those collectors sure love those gorillas. :rolleyes:

I would never have found it because of the wrong spelling!! I can't wait to go ape again. I'm going in full ape regalia, hopefully with new and improved hair, in Santa Clara this May, to BayCon. I'm still working on my wig. Actually, I started taking apart the one I bought.

Angel--I decided to smooth out the wrinkles on Carsia's face, particularly on her muzzle, with Sculpey...I need to fire it up now with a BBQ starter to cure it...and then want to put some more layers of paint on her face. I'll post a photo later when I'm done. Hopefully she will look better.

The wrinkles are there on Carsia's cast. It's just that compared to the Sideshow Zira rotocast, Carsia's face has a LOT of wrinkles...so I'm smoothing it out to see how it would look.

I can't wait to see how your wagon comes out! It is so exciting that you have taken up that mongo project again!

Hello simians!!
Sorry for the absence of late. As most of you know, POTA is my all time fave, but, I do branch out into several genres. I have begun painting!! Yes, yes its true. So far I enjoy it. I haven't completed anything yet, just testing various skin tones on a few human heads. They aren't POTA but they are all sci-fi related. I am hesitant to approach the eyes as they are so small and seem to require the most patience. Hopefully pix within the next week.
Ok... back to it!!

Congrats, IM! Truly painting is VERY rewarding. A bit frustrating when you can't get the paint tone correct, but it's just practice...and just another layer of paint. Work thinly so you can build up tone on tone. (yeah...like I know)! Anyway, congrats on picking up the brush!!!

Somebody at the MegoMuseum was able to recreate the hieroglyphs by tapping the pattern with a steel leather tool, wet leather, and a hammer. I think that's the way to go, Angel, for our future hieroglyphs!!

Congrats, IM! Truly painting is VERY rewarding. A bit frustrating when you can't get the paint tone correct, but it's just practice...and just another layer of paint. Work thinly so you can build up tone on tone. (yeah...like I know)! Anyway, congrats on picking up the brush!!!

Its FUN!!! Killer on the eyes, but fun!! so far at least

Back