Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today after class I went into a wig shop and was able to buy a package of #2 (dark brown) human hair 18" long. It was only $20 something. Yesterday at the wig shop near my house, I purchased 14" of hair for $38. Grrr....Anyway, it's non-returnable...but whatever. Life goes on and I'm still going at working on my wig. It is a major time sucker, definitely, but I need to complete it by May. I think I can do it if I put in at least an hour every day...

I was rooting through the internet and googling for images of Zira...and guess what came up? Me in costume and my Sideshow Zira that I worked on a few weeks ago. Now THAT is so bloody cool.

Today at class I had my Zaius gloves with me...so I decided to pick at it and worked off the lining while listening to the lecture. I have successfully turned one glove inside out and marked where I need to sew it so it fits me better. Gosh I am just so darn obsessed.

Didn't realize how late it was. Only put in half an hour on my wig and hardly did anything at all.

I thought the less smooth was more accurate. Sideshow's Zira is unnaturally wrinkle free compared to Kim's prosthesis.

escape-05.jpg

I'm going to rework the teeth of my costume. I'm going to use my husband's soldering gun and sink those teeth in the foam latex.

Hey all!! "Bout 90% done on two heads. This painting is certainly tedious. These are no works of art I'm creating but they'll do for my purposes. Pix forthcoming as soon as they're completed!!
Take care and keep apeing!!

hurray, Ironman! You just have to start SOMEWHERE, and just jump in. I can't wait to see photos. You will see a vast improvement after five more paintups!!

And...with all the heads you have collected, you will be a master soon.

Stayed up until 2 AM trying to massage a 4 page paper out of a bunch of magazine articles. Writer's block SUCKS! This day will drag forever on...My BS skills are sadly out of practice.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received a most wonderful package for just being an ape fan. It was a surprise from one of the groups I belong to. One of the articles sent to me was the map of the Forbidden Zone, and a map of Ape City.

My four year old said he wanted me to take him to Ape City. I told him I would love to take him there.

Well....this morning, he asked, "Mommy, when there is no daycare, can you take me to Ape City?"

I told him I would love to but I didn't know how. He said I had a map and that would show me how to get there. I told him the map is a map of Ape City, but doesn't show me HOW to get there.

He asked, "Can we take a plane?"

I told him we needed to take a spaceship that goes faster than the speed of light so we could punch through time...but even then there would be no guarantee we could find Ape City.

I am so warped...my poor baby.

He said that if I knew how to put on makeup, then I must know how to get to Ape City. Wow. I'll have to think of a nice way to tell him that there really is no Ape City, that it's all just pretend.

I'm going to put together a gorilla outfit for Ashton...and we're going to paint his Nerf rifle brown and make it look more POTA this weekend (I'll have Sunday to put a quick outfit together). And yes, we ARE going to Ape City!!

Ashton, rifle held aloft Planet of the Apes style!! That's my clever little ape!! :D I'm going to bang him out a simple gorilla outfit this weekend. I'll just use the fabric I was going to use for the gorilla pajamas I was going to make myself. If he's going to Ape City, he needs to be dressed for success.

IMG_6009.jpg

Here are the maps that got me into some monkey trouble:
Forbidden Zone (by Glen Scheetz)
IMG_6028.jpg

Ape City (by Glen Scheetz)
IMG_6029.jpg

Last edited:
I'm home taking care of Ashton today...He's got a really bad cold. So, what to do other than start on his outfit, since I didn't get to it yesterday?

These mongo sized pants were purchased purely for the material. It only went up to 2XXL. Too bad they didn't have 3XXL, as that would have given me much more fabric. I bought two pairs. Whatever is left over as far as material will be saved for the gorilla garrison.
20090321_0225.jpg

My poor baby already went at the gun with a permanent marker, trying to change the color. Yes, those are my crazy monkey socks.
20090321_0228.jpg

After the first layer of paint it already looks loads better!!
20090321_0229.jpg

OK, in the midst of my first 20 head paints!! Also took time out to try and stitch a few things but there was a problem with the new sewing machine so all I got was a mess. The machine has to go back but I'll be getting another. Pix forthcoming as soon as I feel more confident on the eyes.

Cool, Ironman! I'll be reading up on these!

I didn't get much done today other than spray-painting the rifle. I still have to make your patterns, but no biggie on that. I just have to remember to bring some paper towel upstairs so I can cut them out and mail them to you.

I also did start on my Dr. Zaius gloves. Wow I'm so brave!!

20090321_0230.jpg

20090321_0231.jpg

Did anyone, who hadn't already, read the Terror chapters? I'm curious of new impressions.

I haven't had a chance yet. I'm kind of obsessing about my wig.

I can't find my Robert Patrick doll! I will look for him when I get home. I was going to take him to work so I can trace out a pattern for you...

Did anyone, who hadn't already, read the Terror chapters? I'm curious of new impressions.

I actually have many of those comics. The only thing I would change is to make them in color. They have many exciting stories.:cool:

Back