Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IM, as soon as I figure out which one, I'm going to invest in one of those magnifying glasses that are hands free, so I could paint some kick ass eyes.

Wow. I don't know what project to start on. I think I'll fire up Carsia now...and while she cools off, I will work on my costume a bit. Nothing major...I need to make the inner sleeves thinner and that's not that hard.

I think that Hot Toys should have done the Tribunal Orangutans first. Pretty cool looking bunch!:monkey4

I was quite busy surfing the internet today. Even so, I did manage to sew one of my inner sleeves tighter for a closer fit around my arm. Will have to do the same to the other arm tomorrow.

I also removed the handpunched crown of my wig and sewn some lace for the cap of the wig. It didn't take very long but I sewed some wefts of hair on top of that. I need to find the other lace I bought so that I could begin the time consuming hair tying for the forehead part. I just can't remember where I placed the bag...

Did not paint at all. I was too lazy to remove my contact lenses for working up close.

Gentlemen (I think I'm the only female in Central City!), hot off the apevine!! Horses for your garrison!!!

They will (so far as I know for now) only be available from two different places.
The first is already amassing names for pre-orders:

https://www.koehlercustoms.com/

Steve isnt at the pre-order stage yet, but has four more models coming to choose from:

https://stevostoys.com/WESTERN_HORSE.htm

They really know how to make my wallet bleed!!!

Last edited:
Jessica – I love that these artists used the Johnny West Horses and improved on them. I know you could do the same thing and save some serious money for yourself. Did you get your heat gun yet? You’ve already got the talent, the apoxie, and the paint. Try a simple one first, maybe just by twisting the head. :angelsmil

I found the heatgun in the garage!! It's still boxed up. We've had that for a LONG time...we used to use it for shrinking the plastic on sailplanes. I have two horses now (same stance, different paint)...and I will try to twist the head/neck. They both need a repaint.

After watching this movie I sometimes wonder if there was a civilization in ancient times before recorded history that was much more advanced then we are today. Anything is possible. No one has all the answers no matter how smart they think they are.

Angel I am thinking again of your future gorilla costume. You can definitely hair up your own wig. You just need to buy the wefts of hair at a wig shop. You can have Denise sew you up an expandable hood, with four-way stretch fabric. You can sew the runs of hair on top of this. Sewing runs is so easy compared to hand tying (which is what I'm doing now).

Last edited:
Good news, guys! I was finally able to buy the plastic pieces that I have been looking for to make my own gorilla backpack. It was marked down from $20.99 to $10.99. It is a soft polyvinyl artist portfolio in bright blue. I needed the polyvinyl large enough to be able to hold up the shape of the backpack...so I will use that as inserts within the fabric. I hate heavy backpacks, but this should work and still be light enough not to make me go crazy. I don't have the fabric yet, but now that I have the "skeleton" of the backpack...I can start looking!

Just taking a mini break from tying hair to my lace. I let my husband purchase some of those nerf guns for the boys. I said they can have guns only because gorillas on the Planet of the Apes had guns. I know...I'm a warped mom. Anyway, my youngest, Ashton, has been running around the house with the rifle held atop his head screaming, "Planet of the Apes! Planet of the Apes!"

I hope school is going well for you. Do feel any smarter yet?

No. Today I am doing extra credit for my class. I had to dress up extra nice and am wearing a short skirt and high heels and a very fitting mandarin collar outfit....and then I'm supposed to write down what people's reactions are and write a paper about it. I got the idea for my costume here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAYJYxbJv1Y when I found this song and thought it appropriate for my Carsia. I went through my closet and found an embroidered Chinese style jacket that still fits.

I swear...show some legs and it's a different world. :lol I probably look like a Chinese hooker, but whatever. :monkey4

Last edited:
Angel I thought that Carsia is really rough when I painted her. I have been filling in her facial lines with Sculpey...I guess it's because she is so unsmooth compared to the Sideshow Zira...that's what was freaking me out. I'm still working on her little by little. I'm so glad you like her. I'm going to deposit your check now...

Angel I thought that Carsia is really rough when I painted her. I have been filling in her facial lines with Sculpey...I guess it's because she is so unsmooth compared to the Sideshow Zira...that's what was freaking me out. I'm still working on her little by little. I'm so glad you like her. I'm going to deposit your check now...

I thought the less smooth was more accurate. Sideshow's Zira is unnaturally wrinkle free compared to Kim's prosthesis.

escape-05.jpg

Well, compared to the SS Zira repaint, Carsia's looked too rough to me...so I smoothed out her wrinkles and I'm painting them in slowly. I'll have to see how Angel treats his paint up...I can't wait to see it!! :banana

Last edited:
Back