Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends on the Taylor for me. There was SOOOO many Taylors in the 12" line. Since Sideshow is always looking at the cheapest way to make their PFs especially in lines that they question it's popularity (se Buffy PF), I'm assuming that he would be in the primitive robes. That would require less "tayloring". :rolleyes: Perhaps they would make him clean shaven holding a gun to go with the Zaius PF.

But I think if I had my way, I'd like to have him bearded and in his ANSA uniform as he appeared crossing the Forbidden Zone. :D

Hey everyone I just got My Zaius PF. It's amazing. Should I post pictures in this thread or start an official pix thread?

BTW The doll has complete legs but they didn't do anything to the back of the shirt. It never really bothered me though because I won't be displaying him from behind.

Wow, I was thinking Cornelius. :huh

IM Here are some old pictures of female slaves I kitbashed long ago, I never did feel they looked convincing enough, even when they were dirtied. They can work as fill though as long as we don't get a close up shot, but I'll leave it to the story to decide.
HumanseatingApesStill.jpg

I don't have a spare Grant anymore as he has been turned into a Confederate. Maybe the bridgekeeper could take this role?

Slave_Girls.jpg

And here is a recent shot, the half completed Roman Garbs still on
IMG_1444.jpg

And of course we could have Brent and Taylor as Slave or Astronaut.
GorillaSoldierwTaylorandBrentStill.jpg

Hey everyone I just got My Zaius PF. It's amazing. Should I post pictures in this thread or start an official pix thread?

BTW The doll has complete legs but they didn't do anything to the back of the shirt. It never really bothered me though because I won't be displaying him from behind.

I'm up for posting here: All other Ape threads fade into oblivion, Besides all Ape Freaks visit here, but I'll let others weigh in. Can't wait to see some photos. Thanks Shaun-O

Thanks Shaun-O for posting the pics!

It looks like Sideshow got the coloring right of the good doctor this time. And Mat sculpt looks nothing short of amazing.

Jess will be happy with the doll!

I'm not a big fan of the pose though.

I decided at the last moment to pre-order the Captain, after I already purchased Ursus and the gorilla, so I didn't save on shipping. I wrote it on my e-mail at the time of purchase to put the transactions together to save on shipping, but I had a feeling their shipping person didn't really speak English all too well. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Thanks. I had the same regret after having ordered Ursus and the soldier but I did not order a captain for the moment.

Did you see that one seller has got an Ursus in stock ? I don't know why some sellers have toys and some not. Strange...
https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-APE-General-Ursus-13-Figure-IN-STOCK-LIMIT_W0QQitemZ380144037451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item588259ae4b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks. I had the same regret after having ordered Ursus and the soldier but I did not order a captain for the moment.

Did you see that one seller has got an Ursus in stock ? I don't know why some sellers have toys and some not. Strange...
https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-APE-General-Ursus-13-Figure-IN-STOCK-LIMIT_W0QQitemZ380144037451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item588259ae4b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

According to the seller I bought from, HT was releasing them to the retailers in waves. How true that is, I don't know but Jess got hers (thru ABC express) and I haven't (ordered thru powerful toys) so I sure hope they're not going alphabetically!!

Sticks, the pics are quite helpful. Hopefully you'll like what I put together.

Wow, I was thinking Cornelius. :huh

IM Here are some old pictures of female slaves I kitbashed long ago, I never did feel they looked convincing enough, even when they were dirtied. They can work as fill though as long as we don't get a close up shot, but I'll leave it to the story to decide.

And here is a recent shot, the half completed Roman Garbs still on
IMG_1444.jpg

Hey! I have that same blonde behind the Bridgekeeper! I also have another female figure that I really like. I'll be using one of them for Lt. Stewart and the other for Albina. The problem is, I can't decide which one to use for which character.

As it stands, I think I remember my last count of gorillas soldiers is near 20-25 strong. :horror
Not bad. :rolleyes:
Holy :sancho!!! That a lot of Gorillas!!!
I haven't counted in a long time but I was more than 3 full storage bins just of POTA related characters.
Hey! I have that same blonde behind the Bridgekeeper! I also have another female figure that I really like. I'll be using one of them for Lt. Stewart and the other for Albina. The problem is, I can't decide which one to use for which character.
The blonde behind the Bridgekeeper would make a decent Albina. let's see the other one!!

I had to get so many gorillas for the reaction shot for last years film. There is really no need for me to have this many, especially when I can't display them all all the time. :monkey2

IMG_2474.jpg

Here's Ursus conducting the first all Ape Choir. :lol

I think there's 12 or 13 sitting down and then there were a few scattered about, 2 on the second story ledge (out of frame) and another one that was on the second story across the way in the foreground of the opening shot. I couldn't use them all.

I once tried that Blonde as Lt. Stewart but the size of her chest makes the uniform sit silly on her. I didn't like it. Maybe remove the chest plate all together?

Last edited:
Hello Stickman! I received the package today and will get you pictures of potential trade items to you. I will PM you the info! Thanks, Kent.:monkey1

I once tried that Blonde as Lt. Stewart but the size of her chest makes the uniform sit silly on her. I didn't like it. Maybe remove the chest plate all together?

I understand what you mean about her chest and the Uniform fit. But you need to get it fitted properly. That's why mine has not been photographed either. I'm hoping to get it properly fitted in due time and you should also. I received two different sized chest plates when I got mine, did you?

Last edited:
I understaand what you mean about her chest and the Uniform fit. But you need to get it fitted properly. That's why mine is not been photgraphed eitehr. I'm hoping to get it fitted in due time and you should also. I received two different sized chest plates when I got mine, did you?

I did, and neither work well, the collar rides too high I think or maybe it was the shoulders. Anyways when I took that last photograph of my savage humans and two bridgekeepers I noticed that the girl who was once making my female Roman garbs removed the front plate all together and you can't tell that she's flat. Maybe this could work.

Enjoy.
DrZaius001.jpg

DrZaius003.jpg

DrZaius005.jpg

DrZaius006.jpg

DrZaius007.jpg

DrZaius009.jpg

DrZaius011.jpg

I'm hooked. I hope they do some more.

Thanks Again Shaun-O

I'm not sure if I like Dr.Z's shoulder pads, almost look too poofy. What do you all think?

Oh and Shaun-O if you're still around, did that box come inside another box or did it come like that with the artwork showing? I like the box. :)

LOL, I'm not sure I like the pose. It looks like the good doctor had an accident in his pants and needs some Depends. :(

Ironman - Here are a few females: The blonde with the long blonde hair has to become Albina. Albina has a long ponytail that sticks out from her hood. Remember? This doll head is quality piece to me. Some may not think so, but this is by far one of the best female heads I've ever seen. My Lt. Stewart (someday) will come into being as well. That's the 2nd girl in the 2nd picture.

Last edited:
Back