Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going up to Pittsburgh tonite to see ACE FREHLEY! My daughter and I are getting ready to put on our KISS makeup and then we are off to see the "Green Lantern." After that, we are off to the ACE FREHLEY concert in Pitt!:hi5:

Hi Mark! Good for you and your daughter! That will be a nice memory for when she gets older! Have a great time with the concert and the Green Lantern movie. I heard that it has had over a 95% rating so far for those interviewed after the movie. I will have to see that myself!:exactly:

I just found out that all of the original Planet of the Apes films are available for download on iTunes!!!!

APES ON THE GO!!!

Ha! If I had some kind of device that would let me see this and have them with me always, I would totally buy those. I'm low tech, though...:monkey2

Saw the episode of Hollywood Treasure's with Brian yesterday.He comes across very personable on camera. And I want to go play at his place...PS

Bri is such a great resource of ape knowledge. He is the keeper of the glue...I consider him my mentor.

I'm going up to Pittsburgh tonite to see ACE FREHLEY! My daughter and I are getting ready to put on our KISS makeup and then we are off to see the "Green Lantern." After that, we are off to the ACE FREHLEY concert in Pitt!:hi5:

That sounds like FUN!! Hope you had a great night. KISS makeup is fun to paint.

Your right IM, You wouldn't see any gorillas priced that low!:gah:

True dat. :lecture

Guys--be honest. I think my General Ursus helmet is too small. What this will require is me to remove the middle portion, fluff up the helmet, and then sculpt it back...

urko1.jpg

urko2.jpg

urko3.jpg

urko4.jpg

I don't think you have to go quite that extreme. To me it looks like it may be a bit narrow at the bottom, but otherwise okay. I'm finding the HT figure to be a good reference on costume details;if I ever get back to working on mine I'll probably take measurements straight off it...PS

Well, I did get the Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes book for Father's Day. What an amazing resource with some stunning artwork ta boot!

Interesting fact I learned from the book:

Icarus was never the official name of Taylor's ship. That was a name that some fan in the 70's came up with and it stuck. Too bad, I really liked the mythic reference... it bore a certain poetic resonance. It was only when Fox produced that ANSA promo film for the 40th annivversary Blu-Ray set that it was finally christened "Liberty One". And I suppose Brent's ship was "Liberty Two"?

I HIGHLY recommend it. However, it does have plot points from the upcoming Conspiracy for those who are concerned about spoilers... like me.

My only criticism so far is that in the listings of each character they don't also credit the actor behind the character. It would be nice to have that information at your fingertips.

Devil_666 is such a photoshop genius!!
pa1t.jpg

With the help of the image above, I am in the process of making adjustments...

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

Look how filled with crap my formal dining room is. What a hot mess. Wish I had a studio...

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

Amazing work Jessica! I would have never noticed it was off, but props to you for hacking away at it until its perfect :bow :bow :bow

This stuff does not go cheap does it!

Original 1968 20th Century Fox Planet of The Apes tunic
Ended: Jun 21, 201112:48:05 PDT
Winning bid: US $1,993.68 [ 17 bids ]

I knew the price would get up to the 2K. Definitely cannot afford. Congratulations to the winning bidder! That's a lovely piece of history.

This video has lots of behind the scenes footage:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDxrkOkHGg"]YouTube - ‪Planet of the Apes‬‏[/ame]

That video just makes me more excited about my vacation in the south west. I will be spending about three days at Lake Powell this August...

Can't wait!

Boy I'm envious JJ. I've always wanted to visit there. Some day. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

On a sides note, there's another UK trailer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes... it popped up ate AIn't It Cool's website:

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/50119

Some GREAT new images here. I loved the water hose reference. :clap :clap :clap

And Angel...

It's so sad to see it all go... and...

I'm sure you have your reasons, music being such a big part of your life...

DON'T WATCH THE UK TRALER!!!

It gives the whole movie away....

Does it? I'm not so sure the movie's thrust is hinged upon what happens but rather how it happens. What will make or break this film is how well they slowly and dramatically build the character of Caesar from innocent to victim to rebel.

More than any other film (even Avatar), Rise will rely on pure performance of a CGI character, attempting to convey a proper character arc all without the benefit of scripted dialogue.

Unfortunately, whats stopping Hot Toys from making the new Caesar is the same thing that is stopping Sideshow from making Chewbacca... an articulated body covered with fur.

Once he starts wearing clothes, it might be a different story.

Speaking of which, I haven't heard of any merchandising being done for this film. Has anybody else heard of something? Maybe from the smaller companys like NECA?

I haven't been by to visit. Last night I tried and got a virus from this site. First time that's happened! Anyway, I just finished Snick's outfit for Kolchak. The super cool thing is instead of snaps on the jacket, I used neodymium magnets for the closures so it looks super clean.

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

I'm working on a red jumpsuit for Sixx's gorilla. It's almost done--I just couldn't find my red ribbon, so I will have to do a store run for that today.

Back