Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a mega sale for the Conspiracy on the Planet of the Apes at Barnes & Noble. It's 45% off regular price, so that's most awesome since you will be buying a hard cover.

Oh...I was able to read the novel already, thanks to Drew Gaska the author. I was mildly surprised that it's an illustrated novel as opposed to a graphic novel, because I was first under the impression that it was going to be illustrated like a comic book. It is well written and definitely enjoyable for me. It's such a great time to be an apes fan!! It was very difficult to control my urge to flip through the novel to look for the artwork, but I managed. I love the woodblock prints that evoke the stories of yore I used to read in my childhood. The only bad thing about the novel is that it has ended for me. Drew promises a two part trilogy, I think...if I remember correctly. I hope you can help support this apes project as future novels impinge on the success of this anchor novel.

PZ--I hope to meet up with you at Comicon. Even though the tickets have been sold out, Drew's publisher, Archaia, has taken care of my ticket to ensure that I am there. Yay. I get to put my ape on.

Also...I just placed my order.

Last edited:
I guess the BLAM! guys forgot about me. They were supposed to keep me updated as to releases and all other vital info, but....not. :(

I guess the BLAM! guys forgot about me. They were supposed to keep me updated as to releases and all other vital info, but....not. :(

i only found out about it through FB. I know you don't keep up on FB, but there are some apes there I have to keep in contact with...

As a matter of fact, I feel like unfriending my whole goddamn family at this point. :mad:

This is in the UK:

270958_10150246637168234_709058233_7375822_7450205_n.jpg

262683_10150246636773234_709058233_7375816_6375738_n.jpg

263063_10150246636498234_709058233_7375815_2523331_n.jpg

Oh wow...Even the mutants???? Aw...

264235_246133592067873_100000137025275_1139550_2266832_n.jpg

On the geeky side of things...I am going to the Chabot observatory this evening to watch the Wrath of Khan at their Planetarium. The kids were going to come along, but since their cousin is driving up from afar, they want to stay home. Oh well. I'm still going!

In the first photo, starting from the left it's Jonathan astride Blue. The middle gorilla is David astride Ruby. Gorilla to the right is Mark astride Blossom. The apes had been planning this photo shoot for months, and I was told that in order to not spook the horses, they had planned to ride them first and then put the mask on. There were no videos, unfortunately, but there were hundreds of photos taken. I don't know which part of the UK though. I'll have to find out for you.

I think the last photo is my favorite, since it looks like they are on patrol and not everyone's looking at the camera.

Last edited:
No. These are new recruits.

You are probably talking about this:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ6gmxvGqVs"]YouTube - ‪Planet of the Apes.Plymouth Hoe,1977.‬‏[/ame]

These gorillas were probably youngsters when the TV series was still airing. But that doesn't mean they can't live the dream!

No. They show up at various conventions though. Wish sometimes I were on the same side of the pond. It's hard to be the only ape in town.

Tell us about it. I was the only chimp all those years ago when I used to go to cons in the 1970's. :D

Any idea what cons this group have attended in the Uk so far?

Oh wonderful. Have they a website or something? I'd love to see this lot in the flesh so to speak. :clap

*eta* I've found them here. :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw8fEtzBZDc"]YouTube - ‪Forum of the Apes at Memorabilia, NEC MArch 2009‬‏[/ame]

You can befriend them on Facebook.

Do you have photos of you in costume? It seems like I can never get enough apes....

I have somewhere. It was really primitive stuff though.

It was the early 70's and I didn't even know about ordinary liquid latex let alone foam latex. My first chimp masks were made in solid air drying clay would you believe. :slap

Those apes from NEC Memorabilia are a different group, but they are all from the UK. Steve, the gorilla in the red jumpsuit, transferred to New Zealand.

I have somewhere. It was really primitive stuff though.

It was the early 70's and I didn't even know about ordinary liquid latex let alone foam latex. My first chimp masks were made in solid air drying clay would you believe. :slap

WOW! I would still love to see that! :hi5:

Back