Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG thats amazing, and so large!

Found this music vid on youtube. It's utterly surreal. :lol

Planet of the Apes fun part time mix. :D

[ame="https://youtu.be/T0cf9wwYXQs"]302 Found[/ame]

Last edited:
PZ I will be under this makeup on Saturday. I can't wait. Wearing something I made is way more cooler than buying something someone else made. I will add more paint tomorrow when the lighting is better.

DSC07333.jpg

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2m355-JRo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]‪Paul Williams in His "Planet of the Apes" Costume on "The Tonight Show" — 1973‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

That was freaking wonderful! :D And It's a great testament to the make-up that he could manage to sing through it quite clearly.

Brilliant...and I am frequently amazed that the "Apes" actors seem to have no problem with going through the hours long process to appear on camera for a few minutes. Roddy on Carol Burnett, now Paul for Carson...PS

002.jpg

Replica this guy is offering, cast directly from the original screen-used prop

004.jpg

Pic of him holding one of the replicas, these are huge!

003.jpg

Pic of him wearing it for scale LOL. (This was a test casting using a charcoal colored/tented gel-coat. The actual castings I am offering will be cast in a blueish gel-coat)

If you are interested, the original thread is on the RPF: https://www.therpf.com/f13/planet-apes-lawgiver-screen-used-121456/

Jess, can't access the thread unless your a member. Am I reading it right, your going to make these as well. Please pm me price and when you think your going to start..
~Sixx

New "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" trailer

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5olDBJMFk4&feature=player_embedded"]‪Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Comic Con 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That was my bad IM. With so many things going on I dropped the ball. Forgot to even ask Drew about it yesterday. It was so busy at the convention. So many people wanted to take photos and you couldn't even run to the bathroom without getting mobbed. Don't humans know apes have to pee too?

The most awesome thing ever was meeting PZ in person along with his brother and friend. I did not realize that orangutans could be so tall! I will have to post my photos when I roll back into Ape City. It is a long hard ride to get there and we have barely made headway.

IM I don't believe Drew had anything happen as he has not talked about any gathering on his fb page.

Sixx the lawgiver bust cast is not being made by me nor am I receiving any money for it. Just wanted to let fellow apes know what is on the market.

I am missing Sticks and Hasslein. They have ventured too far in the Forbidden Zone.

You may see me on the FX channel or I may end up on the cutting room floor. If I tried I probably could have made it on the G4 channel.

Ahhh, no problem Jess. The book is on the way so maybe I'll get the chance to talk with Drew after I read it.
BTW, I know how busy you've been [you lucky ape!] but were you ever able to get to that Col. Lake sculpt or outfit? I know you had said the outfit was up next some time ago. I've been on a customizing kick again of late and, while it hasn't been all simian oriented, I have been trying to inish up some of my other, long over due, sci-fi classics.

Ahhh, no problem Jess. The book is on the way so maybe I'll get the chance to talk with Drew after I read it.
BTW, I know how busy you've been [you lucky ape!] but were you ever able to get to that Col. Lake sculpt or outfit? I know you had said the outfit was up next some time ago. I've been on a customizing kick again of late and, while it hasn't been all simian oriented, I have been trying to inish up some of my other, long over due, sci-fi classics.

Hi IM! I Pre-Ordered mine on Amazon and it mentions not being on hand till early august! Who did you order your conspiracy book from? :wave

Jess, did you happen to run into any conpiracy cards at the Comic-Con? I would like to eventually own them all! Take care, Kent.:wave

Hey IM so busy with 1:1 scale projects no time to breathe. Have not had the chance to even sculpt which needs big blocks of time.

The seat pan of this wagon is too big for me and my back is tired. Seven more hours of this torture. Ugh!!! The only comfortable type of seat for me is found on a Peugeot but they don't sell them anymore in the US. Either the French know about comfort or they design with smaller statures in mind.

I have a bunch of conspiracy cards for you guys!!

On a side note Drew says the Stewart cards given out 2 years ago are the rarest as they handed most out at the cons they went to. I believe the dodge or Heston cards will be the most available as for some reason more were ordered at the time of printing...but don't quote me
On that--all I remember was that it was a human.

Last edited:
Hi IM! I Pre-Ordered mine on Amazon and it mentions not being on hand till early august! Who did you order your conspiracy book from? :wave

Jess, did you happen to run into any conpiracy cards at the Comic-Con? I would like to eventually own them all! Take care, Kent.:wave
Jess posted a barnes & Nible link a bit ago. I ordered thru there. Yes, August was the date stated and i was surprised to hear it was on the way, but happy nonetheless. though now I am concerned they are sending me the right item.
Hey IM so busy with 1:1 scale projects no time to breathe. Have not had the chance to even sculpt which needs big blocks of time.

So, should I just scrap that project for now then?

I have a bunch of conspiracy cards for you guys!!

On a side note Drew says the Stewart cards given out 2 years ago are the rarest as they handed most out at the cons they went to. I believe the dodge or Heston cards will be the most available as for some reason more were ordered at the time of printing...but don't quote me
On that--all I remember was that it was a human.

Hi Jess! I will send you a PM! Thanks, Kent.:1-1:

Jess posted a barnes & Nible link a bit ago. I ordered thru there. Yes, August was the date stated and i was surprised to hear it was on the way, but happy nonetheless. though now I am concerned they are sending me the right item.

So, should I just scrap that project for now then?

Never scrap projects that make you happy. Just let them fly in a holding pattern.

Finally home! Man what a ride. My back was killing me. Next time (if there ever is a next time) I will make sure to bring a small pillow...

I was not very good at remembering to take photographs. Darn human couldn't hold the camera steady...This is John from New York. Never met him before but he says he knew I lived in Ape City. Kinda creepy, that he knew I lived in Ape City. Makes you wanna go hmmm....
DSC07338.jpg

Deadliest Warrior human. Edited to say: I was told this is Kurt Angle. I just thought he was Deadliest Warrior human because he was at that booth. I can't tell most people apart and suffice it to say, at the end of the day, I thought I was looking at the same people over and over again.
DSC07341-1.jpg

Fellow council member, PZ. Did you know orangutans can be so tall?
DSC07350.jpg

Drew Gaska, author of the Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes and PZ in the background.
DSC07347-1.jpg

This is Chandra, Drew's girlfriend. I'm actually standing between them!
DSC07348.jpg

It was so awesome to have met a fellow Central City dweller. I was so busy during the convention that I totally forgot to be on the lookout for PZ. I'm so glad he found me! And the cool thing was he said I was the very first ape he encountered at Comicon...and he's been going for eight years. Can you believe that? :hi5:

Last edited:
Back