Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Andy Bergholtz sculpted the HT ape heads.

https://www.absculpture.com/galleryp.htm

WOW... I didn't know that! I've always loved his work (and no, I don't blame him for how Brent turned out).

I bought his John Locke head from LOST... great piece. Too bad he never continued doing heads for that show. I would have bought them all... like I did with Trevor Groves' Firefly heads.

Thanks for the info and the link. I LOVE seeing the original wax/sculpy heads to my favorite figures.

What??????? Well, I guess IM is considerate enough to acknowledge my statement! :dunnoThanks Ironman!:goodpost:

Question for the forum members here! I have been selling off my Planet of the Apes collection and have been doing very well. I recently have put up my Beneath Black Mutant figure which is a limited exclusive. I did open the box to check out the figure and put it right back, so never displayed. How much do you think this item is worth?:lecture

Question for the forum members here! I have been selling off my Planet of the Apes collection and have been doing very well. I recently have put up my Beneath Black Mutant figure which is a limited exclusive. I did open the box to check out the figure and put it right back, so never displayed. How much do you think this item is worth?:lecture

The price for this figure can vary greatly depending on the time that you put it up and whether you can catch the eye of a prospective buyer. I did a completed auctions search on the Mutant Jailer and more than three have sold this month in the $150-$175 range. You might want to offer free shipping to entice buyers... I've done this after trying to sell something but getting no nibbles.

How much an item is "worth" I have always felt, is directly proportionate to how much one is willing to pay for it. If someone prices a figure at $200, that originally sold for $50, I always feel that its been overpriced. A great example of this is the Hot Toys figures, and not just the POTA ones. They come out at a higher price and then sore to the heavens in the secondary market. Now, while some of those may be worth a bit extra because of better bodies and sculpts, etc... I've NEVER felt that the deep markups on Sideshow, BBi or Dragon figures were ever worth it.
Take Dragon's Star Trek:TNG figures that came out last year. Way overpriced at their SRP [$125 iirc] but a nice pickup at $27.
All that being said, if it were me, I would start it at $100, with free shipping and a reserve of say $300. That way if it doesn't get as high as you'd like, you have an "out" to keep it and try again in a different way or to offer it to a high bidder.

I share those very points being a seller and buyer on ebay since 1999. I also will point out that Proto and Ironman have helped me due to their wisdom of collectibles and thank them both very much. Kudos gentlemen, much appreciated! Also, hi Jess, sticks, Angel, Jungle, Snicks, Matt, wherever you are!

I had an extra one that I sold on ebay a long time ago and I think I got $180.00 out of him. I started the bidding at $40.00. But then again, that was even before Hot Toys came out with their trio.

On another note, hello every one! I do more lurking than posting on here anymore. Has anyone seen the Alan Virdon sculpt? I bought one but never got it yet!

Which Alan Virdon?

I apologize for not being here as much as I'd like. Life has dealt me a few blows lately that make it more difficult for me to be everywhere I'd like to be.

I really liked the POTA, until I realized that there was NO IMAGE OF CHUCK HESTON. At that point it became such an easy pass.

No Chuck - no bucks.

I really liked the POTA, until I realized that there was NO IMAGE OF CHUCK HESTON. At that point it became such an easy pass.

No Chuck - no bucks.

Thats probably because of likeness rights. While Mondo was able to get studio approval, they may have not been able to get it from Heston's estate. I agree, it's a bummer. These prints are great otherwise. I lucked out and scored an original Battle print for $20 on ebay.

Back