Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how to embed anymore!! Anyway, tribute to Roddy McDowall on YouTube:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4175zclrTgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DP--great work as always. Were you inspired by this early test shot:
423477_3340595439567_1409112110_3199740_713365032_n.jpg

Last edited:
They could have at least included a clip from "Lassie Come Home" to show the start of his career....

OMG guys--with old age comes the time to have to get bifocals. Oh snap! I am really hating this fact...

Sadly, I think that 5 inches tall is about 1/13 scale, if my math is correct.
A fully grown chimp standing up is approximately 5.6 feet (66 inches) 66/5 = 13.2
11 inches would be a good 1/6 scale Caesar.

The hands and feet look a little large, so I am wondering if I can use them for some customs.

Don'y feel bad Jess.You know you're REALLY on the decline when You need Readers WITH your contact lenses.I've reached that delightful stage;when I want to look at something close while wearing my regular glasses, I have to remove them. If I have my contacts in, I must resort to my reading glasses.Growing old is such fun...PS

PS--I think I may have to resort to reading glasses...UGH!!

Remember when I mentioned that I am in the midst of costuming a TON of kids for an upcoming show in June? Anyway, I snuck in some chimp hieroglyphs and actually one of the other Egyptian collars I am making has Julius hieroglyphs on them. Here is a photo of one of them. It was going to take way too much time to glue down hieroglyphs, so I decided to just draw them quickly with hot glue. I had about 11 collars to cut out and decorate.

DSC08382.jpg
DSC08383.jpg

Last edited:
One of my best friends posted this on Facebook...
544528_3445045282134_1150691259_3392746_1217173121_n.jpg

Said friend is a film editor;the sign is across the street from the lab that he works in. I honestly had no idea he was THIS diabolically talented...PS

Just sold my last unopened Mint in Box Planet of the Apes Caesar figure on ebay! I received 1 bid for 49.99 which was the winner! I am very surprised that no one here was interested.:(

Apey birthday IM!

Kfog--I am not purchasing anymore apes. Have to finish the lot I have here in house already....to feed my ever growing nativity set.

Back