Saya's paint work and customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be a pro soon. How many colors are you using for the hair?

I mixed 2 different colors for the hair. one really lite and a little bit of a darker color for contrast. I think next time I might try doing 3 and see if I can't make it more 3 dimentional. what ya think Oneye? :D

I mixed 2 different colors for the hair. one really lite and a little bit of a darker color for contrast. I think next time I might try doing 3 and see if I can't make it more 3 dimentional. what ya think Oneye? :D

how do you get that smooth shine? do you use a thinner or water to get that shine?

I think that's a great idea! Are these heads you are painting already painted or did you strip them down?

how do you get that smooth shine? do you use a thinner or water to get that shine?

If you are refering to the eyes and lips I use future floor finish. I used it after the dull coat to make the hs look more realistic. You can put a little on the hair in places to give it a bit of a shine.

I think that's a great idea! Are these heads you are painting already painted or did you strip them down?

This one I stripped with aceatone then repainted. But its the first that I have stripped. Was very easy to do and am looking forward to doing more like this. My husb. has lots of hs lying around, and I just want to get loads of practice in.

If you are refering to the eyes and lips I use future floor finish. I used it after the dull coat to make the hs look more realistic. You can put a little on the hair in places to give it a bit of a shine.

very cool. Thanks :D I have a tip for you too. I've been getting tips from a damn good painter and he told me that when I do hair I should do 2 or 3 more lighter colors of the hair color. But dry brush it. once you paint the hair do a lighter shade but make the brush real dry and then brush up the hair and every now and again it'll catch on here or there and then do it again with a lighter color and you'll eventually have little strands here and there of a lighter shade :D hope that helps ya :D

very cool. Thanks :D I have a tip for you too. I've been getting tips from a damn good painter and he told me that when I do hair I should do 2 or 3 more lighter colors of the hair color. But dry brush it. once you paint the hair do a lighter shade but make the brush real dry and then brush up the hair and every now and again it'll catch on here or there and then do it again with a lighter color and you'll eventually have little strands here and there of a lighter shade :D hope that helps ya :D

thats a great Idea and I tried something like that with my Tony only with one color tho. would def. like to try it with more colors. thanks for the tip. will def. try it. :D

no prob. hopefully you'll have better luck than me :lol :D

did you look at my first page?? My arnold totaly sucks! that was my first paint. It will take time to get better, and loads of practice. Im still not great or anything. just keep doing it. hs after hs. don't quit. :D :D

WOW!!! What a vast improvement from those first two projects.

A question: Are you using a hands-free lighted magnifying glass to paint?

did you look at my first page?? My arnold totaly sucks! that was my first paint. It will take time to get better, and loads of practice. Im still not great or anything. just keep doing it. hs after hs. don't quit. :D :D

I'm gonna try :lol I've only done like 2 hs so I know I've got a long way to go. When I get pics of my Dean (which I painted) I'll post a pic for you and you can tell me what you think. Criticism is welcome :D

would love to see it. pm me if you want to just show me but don't get discouraged. after my first 2. I was a bit down cause they su cked so bad. but then I got a little better :D You'll do great I think. :D

I keep wondering if there is a way to make a rubber stamp for the eyes, solid black circle, then another slightly smaller one with an iris cut out for the color. It would have to be smaller than a pencil eraser tip.

If you make one Oneye, I sooo will buy one. :lol no, really I will. :)

would love to see it. pm me if you want to just show me but don't get discouraged. after my first 2. I was a bit down cause they su cked so bad. but then I got a little better :D You'll do great I think. :D

thanks :D I'll more than likely leave it as a visitor message or as a pm. I'm not shy,I know I'm not good :lol I just embrace it and strive to get better. I did get down believe me but I need criticism if I want to get better.

I find when you use acetone and strip the thick paint Hot Toys uses when they paint, more details and depth are revealed. I was going to suggest that, but you are way ahead of me.

I have no eye skills, so hopefully, someone will make an eye stencil/stamp for use "eye" challenged.

I find when you use acetone and strip the thick paint Hot Toys uses when they paint, more details and depth are revealed. I was going to suggest that, but you are way ahead of me.

I have no eye skills, so hopefully, someone will make an eye stencil/stamp for use "eye" challenged.

try a paint pen :D I've been thinking into it. they have different sizes I think so maybe if you can get a small enough one you can draw it on :D

try a paint pen :D I've been thinking into it. they have different sizes I think so maybe if you can get a small enough one you can draw it on :D

I tried a super fine point perminant pen on my Tony. It didn't help me much I don't think. I have very shakey hands (I think its from my kids , early grave, they'll take me.:lol) But this time around just using a very very fine point brush and using the hs and table to steady my hand did wonders. Each person has their own technic that works for them. and thats cool. :D

By the way Oneye. I keep hassling my husb. for those eye decals :) he still insists that painting is better. but I will wear him down i think. :lol

Last edited:
I keep hassling my husb. for those eye decals :) he still insists that painting is better. but I will wear him down i think. :lol

the eye decals rock the kasbah for those that cant paint eyes (ME, ME ,ME,....:lol) i guess its cheating in a way but for me...........it keeps family, pets, and any neighbors safe that happen to be walking when i throw a lamp out the window after the 100th repaint of those...:cuss:cuss.........eyes!!!!!.....:monkey3

Back