Saya's paint work and customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think your eyes look pretty good. those last ones look very neat and unsloppy but he appears to be a little wall-eyed. meaning his right eyes seems to be looking to the right and his left eye is looking to the left. get them centered better and i think you got it.(it could just be the angle of the pics though). i like that you painted them under the eyelid. it looks good that way.

AWW Dude your right! He is looking in two different directions :lol :lol Didn't really notice till you said so. :lol Thx Craw :D

Okay, so just finished this G.I. Joe hs and kinda debated weather or not to post it. I think the shading has really improved however the eyes are an endless struggle for me. I appreciate helpfull input, so lets hear it. :D

gi2-1.jpg
[/IMG]

gi4-1.jpg
[/IMG]

gi1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Thx as always for your comments and for looking. :D Saya

Hey that's pretty good! Really good lips. I might suggest inking the hair followed by a drybrushing and also adding a thin line of slightly darker brown on the bottom of the eyebrows.

Here is my version of MacReady from: The Thing. Had lots of fun with it. Only draw back is that I haven't found a hs of Kurt Russell so this is close as I could get. Sculpted the petri dish and thing jumping out of it. and wire. first time really scultping but it was fun. :D

018-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
017-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
001-4-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking. :D Saya

Here is my version of MacReady from: The Thing. Had lots of fun with it. Only draw back is that I haven't found a hs of Kurt Russell so this is close as I could get. Sculpted the petri dish and thing jumping out of it. and wire. first time really scultping but it was fun. :D

018-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
017-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
001-4-1.jpg
[/IMG]

This is sweet, Saya! Nice job! :rock
Did you customize this from head to toe??? :horror

It amazing watching your work evolve. You keep getting better and better. (Not that your first pics weren't good. :eek::lol)

When am I getting my complimentary Buffy custom? :monkey3

Yes, I did customize him from head to toe and had great fun doing it. :banana Im most proud of his eyes. as I think they are my best yet. :D Oh and your Buffy...... :lol Not sure you want that yet.

Yes, I did customize him from head to toe and had great fun doing it. :banana Im most proud of his eyes. as I think they are my best yet. :D Oh and your Buffy...... :lol Not sure you want that yet.

Yeah, I like the eyes too. They stand out in a great way, especially through the coat and snow. Great contrast, IMO.

Great job. :rock

As for Buffy, I'll be waiting. :D

As for criticism, I have to be honest, Faith....I got nothing. You even nailed the skin tone and beard on this one. Like I said, job well done. :cool:

MacReady looks very good. It's the sculpt that needs work. Skin, hair, eyes are good to go. Nice work! It just doesn't look like Kurt Russell to me.

MacReady looks very good. It's the sculpt that needs work. Skin, hair, eyes are good to go. Nice work! It just doesn't look like Kurt Russell to me.

I agree completely. I couldn't find a hs of kurt. So this was the best I could do for now, at least until I can find one with more of his likeness. :D

It's professional work. As a generic man, unknown, it's perfect!

you said I should try sculpting...well I gave it a go. :lol It is hard! I don't think I will be doing much more of that anytime soon. :lol

There is no rush. When you feel comfortable and want to try it again, please do. Start simple, nothing as difficult as a face sculpt. People love to put skulls into their 1:6 displays, this works for monsters, Aliens, Predators and Terminators. :) Then you can branch out to non-human skulls. I'm picking skulls, but you could pick any subject you like. Tombstones, Trees, etc... I think you have to get into a "sculpting groove". When I started painting, I went with 2-4 colors, now, I can use well over 8 in a custom repaint. The important thing is to not set your goals too high.

You are ready to paint Hicks!

018-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
017-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
001-4-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Saya,that looks friggin awesome!!! You got the snow on him and all!!! The paint job looks great!

Bout time you showed him :lol it really looks good. Great job! :D :rock

Last edited:
Thanks M! I know it took me forever :lol only drawback is that the hs doesn't look like kurt but when I find one he will be perfect. :rock

Back