Scammed on Uruk Swordsman Statue - Need Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the damage.

The only broken with your case through paypal/shipper is that the piece was broken when you ordered it. How is the piece now worthless or more worthless when the statue was knowingly broken when you ordered?

You make a good point Shropt.

Why did the OP buy the statue to begin with when he knew it was broken already. Sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

Sorry for the damage.

The only broken with your case through paypal/shipper is that the piece was broken when you ordered it. How is the piece now worthless or more worthless when the statue was knowingly broken when you ordered?

You make a good point Shropt.

Why did the OP buy the statue to begin with when he knew it was broken already. Sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

It was only supposed to have one broken piece, which would be included. Now it comes broken in several places with pieces missing. I'd be upset too.

It's one thing to be able to repair a piece, but sounds like this is beyond repair now.

Yeah I knew the piece was broken in one place.

Where he deceived me is that on the other side, the tunic is broken to, and the piece is not in the box.

The third Issue is probably due to shipping and his poor packaging with the broken tunic in the bakc.

Now, I paid him via Paypal directly, never did the transaction on eBay itself, since he said to just send him the money directly.

I trusted him because he has 820 feedbacks, all positive.

He hasnt replied to me yet.

He refunded the money.

But I guess I will incur the shipping cost to send it back to him.

Ugh - stressful.

If anyone has a Uruk Swordsman looking to sell, contact me, I was really looking forward to this piece, but this one appeared in real poor shape and the guy lied to me

Congrats on the refund. I always try not to buy anything that comes broken or damaged, even if it is cheaper. It just can cause more problems down the line. I find most of the time it is better to bite the cost and buy a mint piece.

It is one thing to buy a damaged piece that can easily be repaired. It is quite another when you open the package only to find find there is a piece completely missing, something that wasn't disclosed by the seller. That is called fraud. It sucks that you have to pay the return shipping, but at least you are getting most of your money back, and without having to resort to the chargeback process.

If you contacted the seller give him a couple of days to respond. Check to see if he still has active listings and is leaving feedback so you can tell if he got your message or not. If you get no reply to the first message send another telling him you want a response within 24 hours. If you get nothing from there go through paypal and you will get your money back.
If he sells alot it's not worth it for him to ignore you so he should respond.

With all due respect, you shouldn't have had to pay return shipping if he lied about the condition. Even if the damage was caused by shipping you shouldn't have to pay for return shipping.

I completely agree about return shipment, but i didnt have much of an option

Back