ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory (BANE/C3PO)

My favorite Luke of the original trilogy. FARMBOY LUKE!

IMG_1212_zps45b63429.jpg

IMG_1211_zps42918df5.jpg

IMG_1210_zps4634ed14.jpg

IMG_1207_zpsf3144532.jpg

IMG_1206_zpsf149d61b.jpg

Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory (BANE/C3PO/Luke Skywalker)

"But I was going to Tashi Station to pick up some power converters!"

Very nice Shortround, get him a mini t-16 skyhopper and he's gold!
$T2eC16V,!%298E9s4l7,pjBQ+Lo0yYrw~~60_35.JPG

skyhopper.jpg

Love the Bruce Wayne! Got to be the best I've seen. The blue suit is very sharp!

Great Luke Short. Is that a complete SS build (Apart from the accessories and the Poncho) or are there some UU parts too?

"But I was going to Tashi Station to pick up some power converters!"

Very nice Shortround, get him a mini t-16 skyhopper and he's gold!
$T2eC16V,!%298E9s4l7,pjBQ+Lo0yYrw~~60_35.JPG

skyhopper.jpg

:lol
Believe it or not, I do have one for him SOMEWHERE in my storage. Gotta find it. Thanks man! :hi5:

Nice update bro ;)

Thank you as always stitch! :wave

Love the Bruce Wayne! Got to be the best I've seen. The blue suit is very sharp!

Hey that's quite a compliment. Thank you very much! Much appreciated. :)

Great Luke Short. Is that a complete SS build (Apart from the accessories and the Poncho) or are there some UU parts too?

You got me! He's actually wearing an ep3 Obi Wan tunic and pants under the poncho with no belt or anything. :lol I sold the SS outfit some time ago but kept all his accessories. I don't know how that happened! :slap I looked into the UU clothes, not really impressed. I'll just find me a Luke outfit for cheap some where......I hope. Thanks for the compliment! :)

You got me! He's actually wearing an ep3 Obi Wan tunic and pants under the poncho with no belt or anything. :lol I sold the SS outfit some time ago but kept all his accessories. I don't know how that happened! :slap I looked into the UU clothes, not really impressed. I'll just find me a Luke outfit for cheap some where......I hope. Thanks for the compliment! :)

Haha...nevertheless it looks so damn cool. The HT sculpt has helped breathe life into these ageing figures. :lol

I have been asking around everywhere without any luck, so I guess I'll pop the question here too. Do you think the Tatoonie HS could benefit from a repaint and maybe have a stark difference in bringing out likeness in the sculpt ? (Like the Stormie Luke has an incredible likeness from the repaints we've seen around here)

I've seen a lot if great repaints of the farmer Luke and it still doesn't improve the likeness to me. If you really wanna go with a SS head sculpt then I would recommend the stormie Luke sculpt like you said. That's a great sculpt with a great likeness.....once repainted of course. The HT sculpt is good enough for me. Not 100% accurate but that's what the floppy hat is for. :lol:lol

love the pics man! and by the way. you just about gave me an ulcer trying to figure if i should buy your bobby c joker head. i was the first and only to see it posted and had like 45 minutes to pm or not . lol

I've seen a lot if great repaints of the farmer Luke and it still doesn't improve the likeness to me. If you really wanna go with a SS head sculpt then I would recommend the stormie Luke sculpt like you said. That's a great sculpt with a great likeness.....once repainted of course. The HT sculpt is good enough for me. Not 100% accurate but that's what the floppy hat is for. :lol:lol

Yeah, the Stormie Luke seems to be the only decent effort being put out by SS. The HT one isn't bad either, I remember there was someone on the board working on an alternate wig for Luke might help to achieve the desired look....

It's been a treat going through your stuff. One of the best collections on here. :rock

Last edited:

love the pics man! and by the way. you just about gave me an ulcer trying to figure if i should buy your bobby c joker head. i was the first and only to see it posted and had like 45 minutes to pm or not . lol

:lol:lol

Thank you Jedisith! :hi5: You weren't the only. I almost had one when I actually sold it. I was so on the fence of selling it. But it needed to be done. Sorry you missed out buddy.

Yeah, the Stormie Luke seems to be the only decent effort being put out by SS. The HT one isn't bad either, I remember there was someone on the board working on an alternate wig for Luke might help to achieve the desired look....

Iit's been a treat going through your stuff. One of the best collection on here. :rock

Yes, I saw someone making the alternate wigs. Wasn't really impressed. :( I'm good with the HT hair. I really hope HT makes a farmboy Luke. A grail for me for sure.

Thanks for the compliments man! Really appreciate it!

Hey Shorty, amazing stuff, as always.
Are those the stock SS boots on farmboy Luke?

Hey Shorty, amazing stuff, as always.
Are those the stock SS boots on farmboy Luke?

Thank you Dr.Odd! :hi5:

Yes those are stock SS boots and leg wraps. The wraps are great but the shoes are way outdated! :exactly:

I don't think there's anything updated and more accurate out there. ;(

Hey, nice Farmboy Luke there Shorty. I'm currently working on one myself. For the boots I'm using the UU boots with the sculpted wraps sanded off and replaced with fabric ones form the Tusken.

The pose you have your Bane is has totally motivated me to go for that arm swap. He looks great and I keep coming back here to see him again.

(Saved all pictures. Never coming here again).

Farmboy Luke looks great! Too much Star War's awesomeness for one guy to handle in just a week. :lol

So are you planning on picking up the RM Pulp Fiction figures?

Oh, and any chance for a new collection shot? Been a good three months since the last one. :wave

Hey, nice Farmboy Luke there Shorty. I'm currently working on one myself. For the boots I'm using the UU boots with the sculpted wraps sanded off and replaced with fabric ones form the Tusken.

Thanks cavlcade! That sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see it. :rock

The pose you have your Bane is has totally motivated me to go for that arm swap. He looks great and I keep coming back here to see him again.

(Saved all pictures. Never coming here again).

:lol:lol
You're welcome? :rotfl You'll be back to the see this bastards collection. :exactly:

Farmboy Luke looks great! Too much Star War's awesomeness for one guy to handle in just a week. :lol

So are you planning on picking up the RM Pulp Fiction figures?

Oh, and any chance for a new collection shot? Been a good three months since the last one. :wave

That's true man! :lol I am getting the RM Pulp Fiction line. RM killed it with the Vince. Anxious to see his Jules. :exactly:

I'll take a collection shot once my two face arrives. That's the one I'm waiting for.

Back