Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see pics, man.

Changing emblems and such is beyond my abilities. The Hasbro has a more accurate breather pack?

The front is just a sticker on the Marmit.

Not so much more accurate (but yeah, the Marmit breather is a bit too sticker-reliant) but better sized. The Marmit breather is a little undersized and the tubes are way off - Hasbro tubes are about right. And I didn't change the emblems, just added a small circle sticker to the middle. If you were to go crazy with this, you'd have Corrose do some decal-type circles so they'd be ultra thin and pretty much invisible.

I'm not going full-on with this Marmit tweak because my guess is an ATAT driver will be announced by SSC within the next few months (which means we'll have it in mid 2016...:lol)

I'm not going full-on with this Marmit tweak because my guess is an ATAT driver will be announced by SSC within the next few months (which means we'll have it in mid 2016...:lol)

This is what I'm hoping for. I don't want to impatiently grab a Marmit and have the SS announced the next day.

Quick question to a big dilemma. Okay, so I just got a marmit sandtrooper a couple days ago. And upon building it, I noticed that it in fact had two right boots! I'm so pissed, I can't find the words. So the million dollar question is, I found a sideshow sandtrooper leg armor set (online, that I bought, but haven't got yet), and was wondering do you guys think that I can swap out that part of the marmit with these sideshow parts without it looking weird? From the pics I have seen floating around, it seems like they are vey identical. But all the same I just want to know what you guys think.

For one thing they aren't going to be the same color. The Sideshow Sandtroopers have a flat "dirty yellow" color to them, but with a little paint you can make it work. I would presume a little cutting might also be necessary to make it fit, depending on which body you are using. Many here have done much worse to their Sandtroopers so I think it will work out fine for you.

Quick question to a big dilemma. Okay, so I just got a marmit sandtrooper a couple days ago. And upon building it, I noticed that it in fact had two right boots! I'm so pissed, I can't find the words. So the million dollar question is, I found a sideshow sandtrooper leg armor set (online, that I bought, but haven't got yet), and was wondering do you guys think that I can swap out that part of the marmit with these sideshow parts without it looking weird? From the pics I have seen floating around, it seems like they are vey identical. But all the same I just want to know what you guys think.

I'm headed into work for a long day, so I won't be able to get back to you until tomorrow morning. No promises, but I *might* have the part you need. I will check the parts box tomorrow morning. Hang tight until then.

501st!

image.jpg

A quick question to people that have worked on marmit troopers. If you've got armor on the marmit body already, how do you get it off? I heard if you heat it with the black suit, it can damage it. Is there any truth to that?
Also, how do you guys paint your sandtrooper armor? On the figure, or off?

A quick question to people that have worked on marmit troopers. If you've got armor on the marmit body already, how do you get it off? I heard if you heat it with the black suit, it can damage it. Is there any truth to that?
Also, how do you guys paint your sandtrooper armor? On the figure, or off?

I've pulled armour on and off trooper bodies by heating under very hot water...not boiling but close. Watch your fingers. Does nothing to the suit but of course avoid stretching or twisting the suit to the point where the seams rip.

I paint the armour when it's on the body; gives me a feel for the final product and how it hangs together, plus I don't seal* my weathering and it would get too compromised/removed when wrestling it on to the frame all wet.

YMMV...if you take a different approach and seal it you probably have fewer worries about distorting/removing it; plus a hot blow dryer eliminates the water mess.

*Some MEPD guys don't seal their armour so that over time, movement and wear make the weathering look more natural and "worn".

Also, is the marmit body all that bad compared other fig bodies? I look at my marmit and the only downside I really notice is the thigh swivel. Other than that, I just wonder how un-natural looking you guys think it is. I'm not looking for super dynamic poses. Do you think the original marmit body is good enough?

Also, is the marmit body all that bad compared other fig bodies? I look at my marmit and the only downside I really notice is the thigh swivel. Other than that, I just wonder how un-natural looking you guys think it is. I'm not looking for super dynamic poses. Do you think the original marmit body is good enough?

Good morning. ;)

I've bought a couple of built up Marmits on stock bodies. I didn't think the proportions were terrible; but did swap them out. When time and money line up, I recommend a Soldier Story S2 body; they hang really naturally and flow well. The proportions are such that they look like a "guy in a suit".

Those bodies are usually readily available on Ebay so there's no immediate rush to get one.

The Marmit body can look weird in the hips much like Sideshows Stormtrooper bodies and that makes the drop boxes stand out in a not so positive way. I would definately recommend changing bodies, even though I still have one on the original body and it looks pretty nice, except in certain angles when it looks like it has womanly hips.

Back