Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man.. you guys scoring all these amazing Marmit figures - damn you!!! :gah: :lol

No seriously.. how good are the Marmits???!!

How. Good. Are. They. :rock

SO ahead of their time for accuracy. Beautiful figures.

They're not perfect of course.. but they're pretty ****n close. :D

Some very nice trooper collection in here guys. Haven't picked up a 1/6 figure for sometime but found some older pics to show you some marmit and mixed medicom/marmit troopers. I tend to keep the marmits in the collection indefinitely as they are imo classic, hard to get collectibles. And again imo a nicer helmet sculpt than the more recent releases.

20081113_1507.jpg

at-atmarmit1.jpg

marmitsandy.jpg

marmittiepilot2.jpg

marmitsandykotos.jpg

12infigs.jpg

I broke my SSC ones so I couldn't really sell them, so I tried to make them better. Still might get some marmit helmet casts for them though

sandtrooper5lowqual.png

Some pics just to stick up for the ssc recruits :lol

Where is that 3p0 from? Looks awesome.

^^ Cool pics mate... I found a Marmit Storm Trooper rather reasonable but I haven't pulled the trigger. It's much cheaper than SS version....

If you can get it at a good price, then go for it.

Those medicom troopers with marmit helmets are legendary, shame they'd be so expensive to copy haha.

The 3PO in my pic is the medicom TC-14 that I weathered with some smudges, he was too new looking lol.

Some very nice trooper collection in here guys. Haven't picked up a 1/6 figure for sometime but found some older pics to show you some marmit and mixed medicom/marmit troopers. I tend to keep the marmits in the collection indefinitely as they are imo classic, hard to get collectibles. And again imo a nicer helmet sculpt than the more recent releases.

20081113_1507.jpg

at-atmarmit1.jpg

marmitsandy.jpg

marmittiepilot2.jpg

marmitsandykotos.jpg

12infigs.jpg
Have always loved your collection mate, your one of the guys that inspired be to buy 1:1 pieces and it was always displayed so well :clap:clap:clap

Sewbacca where did you get those acrylic cases for your figures from? Very nice looking.

Sewbacca, how you been?! Nice pics buddy, I still remember those figs you had. Awesome.

Have always loved your collection mate, your one of the guys that inspired be to buy 1:1 pieces and it was always displayed so well :clap:clap:clap

Thanks Shock, sorry to get you into the 1:1, that was along time now. I know how it can suck the wallet dry, but its a fun addiction. You should check out TPE, he's in your neck of woods if your looking for anymore helmets, does a sweet atat and tie.:wink1:

Sewbacca where did you get those acrylic cases for your figures from? Very nice looking.

I got desperate and had to make them. Not too hard, just need a sharp blade to cut the acrylic pieces to size, burn the edges clean and transparent then glue with a plastic adhesive.

Sewbacca, how you been?! Nice pics buddy, I still remember those figs you had. Awesome.

Been good but slowing down on the hobby. Life:slap good to here from yah Joda!

Thanks Shock, sorry to get you into the 1:1, that was along time now. I know how it can suck the wallet dry, but its a fun addiction. You should check out TPE, he's in your neck of woods if your looking for anymore helmets, does a sweet atat and tie.:wink1:

I got desperate and had to make them. Not too hard, just need a sharp blade to cut the acrylic pieces to size, burn the edges clean and transparent then glue with a plastic adhesive.

Been good but slowing down on the hobby. Life:slap good to here from yah Joda!

Thanks mate, can you send me the link please?

The funny thing is the Marmit AT-AT is so accurate it doens/t need upgrades. For example I had to upgrade the Gentle Giant mini-bust. There were a bit more painting improvements needed than I first thought. Here are all the changes I made: for example the red dots on the helmet were totally missing on the GG bust (not hard to add with a bit of red paint, and lots of care and patience): there is one on the front right side of the helmet (left side in the pic) just above the small gray button next to the mohawk, another red dot on the same side, but on the back, behind the ear, a small red square on the mohawk in the back, next to the red arrow, and a red dot on the middle of the left ear.

On top of the dual cannisters (the ones in the back, with hoses) I added a black dot on the silver parts, since the real screen used metal greeblies have a hole on top (they are in fact some kind of washers) - I also added a black dot on round part of the glove commpad (it also comes with a hole in the real movie suit - again a washer). Back to the helmet I added 2 small white stripes on the black greeblies next to the BOC hangers, and I also painted the small "pimple" between the "clock greeblies" in silver. On the armor there are 2 ribbed shoulder bridges connecting the front and back armour plates, and the 2 pairs of small bumps I painted silver, as they were real thumbscrews on the screen used armor.

All these were missing on the GG bust but present on the Tomy scaled helmet and the old Marmit 1:6 figure.

Screen used suit:

der8cx.jpg

Stock bust - circled in red there are the inaccuracies:

yyxx3.jpg

My improved bust:

ggbustatatdriver11.jpg

20081113_1507.jpg

marmitsandy.jpg

marmitsandykotos.jpg

12infigs.jpg

Beautiful. Love the mixed Marmit/Medicom. Perfect for the Medicom ESB Vader.....LOVE IT.

What hands and bodied are you using on the Marmit Sandtroopers?

The funny thing is the Marmit AT-AT is so accurate it doens/t need upgrades. For example I had to upgrade the Gentle Giant mini-bust. There were a bit more painting improvements needed than I first thought. Here are all the changes I made: for example the red dots on the helmet were totally missing on the GG bust (not hard to add with a bit of red paint, and lots of care and patience): there is one on the front right side of the helmet (left side in the pic) just above the small gray button next to the mohawk, another red dot on the same side, but on the back, behind the ear, a small red square on the mohawk in the back, next to the red arrow, and a red dot on the middle of the left ear.

On top of the dual cannisters (the ones in the back, with hoses) I added a black dot on the silver parts, since the real screen used metal greeblies have a hole on top (they are in fact some kind of washers) - I also added a black dot on round part of the glove commpad (it also comes with a hole in the real movie suit - again a washer). Back to the helmet I added 2 small white stripes on the black greeblies next to the BOC hangers, and I also painted the small "pimple" between the "clock greeblies" in silver. On the armor there are 2 ribbed shoulder bridges connecting the front and back armour plates, and the 2 pairs of small bumps I painted silver, as they were real thumbscrews on the screen used armor.

All these were missing on the GG bust but present on the Tomy scaled helmet and the old Marmit 1:6 figure.

Screen used suit:

der8cx.jpg

Stock bust - circled in red there are the inaccuracies:

yyxx3.jpg

My improved bust:

ggbustatatdriver11.jpg
Shouldn't the frown be black?

Back