Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your what they call a natural...excellent job. :hi5: I would like to do this but hope SS beats me to it. :lol

Thanks :hi5: the key word is "completed" took me ages too get to that stage. I only sculpt a few pieces a year but took me around 4yrs to get to that stage :)

Can't wait for official releases

Congrats guys on the new Marmits. Till now regarding accuracy of 1:6 figures the Marmits are on top, Medi are closer and SS are far behind (except a few details).

This should be the banner for this thread. :lecture :lol

Yes. You are correct sir. The only things I like about the SS troops better than Marmit are the articulation in the hands and feet, and the removable belt and blaster. The only true eyesores are the helmet and cod piece. But I have seen the helmets on the sandys look really good.

I gave the SSC Sandie Corporal a chance.

I bought one new a while back, & had it on my desk for a few months.

I just didn't like the thing, so I sold it.

04734136-E096-4BB8-AD37-587BD3D8612A-24243-00000DFE549509AF.jpg

Comparison.......no comparison?? Aghh, hate to hate on my SSC sandtroopers. I just love them differently.

I broke my SSC ones so I couldn't really sell them, so I tried to make them better. Still might get some marmit helmet casts for them though

sandtrooper11lowqual.png

sandtrooper5lowqual.png

Some pics just to stick up for the ssc recruits :lol

Nice pics guys. SS got so much right and yet so much wrong at the same time. Love the SS accessories on the sandies. Real leather straps and nicer molded pouches. Real shame about the sculpting on the helmet and armor. You'd think things would improve over time not diminish.

I need to build my squad. I'm an equal opportunities employer, anyone (ideally in the UK), have any Sideshow, Marmit, Medicom. or Hasbro 1:6 scale Stormies they want to shift.... Let me know ;)

4ED0995F-B8B2-4EE2-8591-4225F8FFE324-2722-0000037CB4523970.jpg

I broke my SSC ones so I couldn't really sell them, so I tried to make them better. Still might get some marmit helmet casts for them though

sandtrooper11lowqual.png

sandtrooper5lowqual.png

Some pics just to stick up for the ssc recruits :lol
These are some of the best SSC re-paints I have seen. Like what you've done.

I blend both SSC and Marmit on my customs. Seems to be the best of both worlds.

Here's a Marmit with Sideshow abs.
ECC2DC80-0EAD-4586-A4CF-E7208144E130-24243-00000DFE4D14BE69.jpg

I need to build my squad. I'm an equal opportunities employer, anyone (ideally in the UK), have any Sideshow, Marmit, Medicom. or Hasbro 1:6 scale Stormies they want to shift.... Let me know ;)

4ED0995F-B8B2-4EE2-8591-4225F8FFE324-2722-0000037CB4523970.jpg

I still haven't been able to get a SSC Stromtrooper for my shelves...I will probably just wait for Stormtrooper 2.0 at this point...

Last edited:
Man.. you guys scoring all these amazing Marmit figures - damn you!!! :gah: :lol

No seriously.. how good are the Marmits???!!

How. Good. Are. They. :rock

SO ahead of their time for accuracy. Beautiful figures.

They're not perfect of course.. but they're pretty ****n close. :D

Back