Show your Alien love! Post your pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this guy...
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg

Alrighty guys. I got my Big Chap today but it isn't looking good at all.[emoji20]
Chips everywhere, holes, too heavy coats of paint, splits that are way too noticeable for my liking, tendons and part of the teeth and mouth broken and separated and even through that, it was painted over.
The dome is uneven like, the front is supposed to be different and it's a straight curve that redden less nothing to the PRs photos, meaning it's disproportionate, the paint is near black, and if anything at this point I don't know if send it back and not get anything at all, or get it exchanged for fear the next one will be the same way.
Or am I over reacting?
If you zoom in the photos you'll see the holes/ some chips are almost unnoticeable at first but the more you look at it they keep popping up.
The pain is too heavy under the seams of the dome, like the veins? I'm not sure what they're called.
I just know that I'm extremely disappointed because you all know how long I wanted to get one and how long it took me to be able to get it specially as sick as I've been and this was well, a present to myself for kicking leukemia and lupus rear with chemo since I'll be on it forever, and still have a long ways to go with it, but to actually get this and see these flaws and other things that might be too little for some but God knows how long I've waited for this Big Chap, is sad.[emoji20]
I contacted BBTS as of now so hopefully they'll help. Am I wrong? You guys tell me if that mouth on the left face's side is supposed to be broken or is it a one piece behind that tendon that compared to the other side is also missing a huge gap. Thanks for the help in advance!
Thanks!
Edit*
Also the paint is a real bad job. I don't know I think I'll have to send it back and not get it at all.[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sent mine back without bothering for a replacement. Even one of the good ones are gonna be stuck with those **** tendons and teeth which basically make it look worse then a plastic toy. Not worth even 1/4 the price unfortunately :|

I just sent mine back without bothering for a replacement. Even one of the good ones are gonna be stuck with those **** tendons and teeth which basically make it look worse then a plastic toy. Not worth even 1/4 the price unfortunately :|

Yeah my husband said the same. Such a pity.[emoji20]

Huh?
Are you talking about the 1/4th scale big chap?
Pix?

No saying I wouldn't have bought it even at a quarter of the going price, not the 1/4th big chap, that one while has some small issues does look pretty great

and both sadly and insanely has better teeth and tendons :p

Dunno man. :( I just got it today from BBTS and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg. :'( I'm so turned off and my husband is pissed because he didn't even want me to get it to begin with and he was right. We'll see what the guys at BBTS say on Monday since I think they're closed tomorrow.

Dunno man. :( I just got it today from BBTS and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg. :'( I'm so turned off and my husband is pissed because he didn't even want me to get it to begin with and he was right. We'll see what the guys at BBTS say on Monday since I think they're closed tomorrow.

Might be closed Monday too, federal holiday. And yeah shoulda skipped ;p Didn't read the litany of complaints on the forums?

We can't say much more than has been said over in the Big chap LSB thread, by at your own risk as the production pieces are horrid.

Well good luck with the return. Might lose out on the shipping fees though.
Well that's going back to suck because I paid a ton for shipping too just to get it here rushed.

We can't say much more than has been said over in the Big chap LSB thread, by at your own risk as the production pieces are horrid.

Sadly I'm very new here and as you can imagine me being sick is a huge factor why I can't stick around long enough on the forums to get more information. I'm not making excuses for myself either being a Mom, Wife and everything else in between. So I have to juggle and divide my attention in multiples most of the time.
I did have some concerns after reading some people's complaints but didn't imagine they'd all (busts) be this bad. I guess I'm still naive and hopeful? For not saying blonde and stupid I guess. [emoji20] The fact that I have been wanting one of these for the longest time also played part in blindsiding me. You live; you learn.

There is a difference between complaints of some QC problems hitting some people (like with the QoTD) in which your taking a gamble and some other things. For example the tendons, no matter how good your QC was on this piece they were still going to be little plastic **** or the poor teeth. So that's stuff you gotta watch out for, some of it is terrible QC in which if there's a lot of complaints you're just taking a gamble. But there's other stuff that is on all of them and that won't change no matter which one you get (for example the teeth on the new Hulk PF reg head, some of them have worse then others but all of them are ****ed up and best case you can fix them yourself ;p).

edit: also safe bet anything new from ss in the alien or predator line is gonna suck :p

There is a difference between complaints of some QC problems hitting some people (like with the QoTD) in which your taking a gamble and some other things. For example the tendons, no matter how good your QC was on this piece they were still going to be little plastic **** or the poor teeth. So that's stuff you gotta watch out for, some of it is terrible QC in which if there's a lot of complaints you're just taking a gamble. But there's other stuff that is on all of them and that won't change no matter which one you get (for example the teeth on the new Hulk PF reg head, some of them have worse then others but all of them are ****ed up and best case you can fix them yourself ;p).

edit: also safe bet anything new from ss in the alien or predator line is gonna suck :p

^ This :lecture

This makes me feel luckier and luckier about my lsb Big Chap. There are some good ones out there, but there is also a ton of junk.

Back